U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which team will not be ranked at season's end
Clemson 0 0%
Alabama 0 0%
Georgia 0 0%
Oklahoma 0 0%
Ohio State 0 0%
LSU 1 5.00%
Michigan 7 35.00%
Florida 8 40.00%
Notre Dame 6 30.00%
Texas 3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 07:46 PM

4,026 posts, read 1,883,367 times

Advertisements

Since 2000, there has only been 3 seasons where all pre-season top 10 teams finished the season ranked in the top 25.

That means every other season at least 1 pre-season top 10 team wasn't even ranked at all by season's end.

Which of this season's top 10 will finish the season unranked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 AM

8,548 posts, read 2,561,670 times
Florida and Texas are the most overrated of those 10. I went with Florida.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:01 PM

7,075 posts, read 6,344,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Florida and Texas are the most overrated of those 10. I went with Florida.
Florida looks like they still don't have a solid QB. Texas OTOH could be really good if the young new starters on the defense are good. If they aren't they are probably looking at 3 losses. But Darrell Royal used to say "A young pup will bite if he's mean". So who knows.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:52 AM

8,497 posts, read 8,511,308 times
Horn D looks very raw. If “we” don’t improve the sloppy tackling & loose coverage, the offense will have a tough time keeping the team in the game against the likes of LSU and OU.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:31 AM

7,075 posts, read 6,344,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Horn D looks very raw. If “we” don’t improve the sloppy tackling & loose coverage, the offense will have a tough time keeping the team in the game against the likes of LSU and OU.
First game with a lot of new guys out there. Good luck this weekend against LSECU.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:48 PM

1,407 posts, read 1,328,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Florida looks like they still don't have a solid QB.
I'm not reading too much into the Miami game. It was the first game behind essentially a new offensive line (only one starter returned on the OL) against one of the better defenses in the country.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

3,353 posts, read 1,906,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I'm not reading too much into the Miami game. It was the first game behind essentially a new offensive line (only one starter returned on the OL) against one of the better defenses in the country.
You mean the Miami defense that is giving up 26 points per game average??

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,403,567 times
I went with Michigan. I was tempted to say Florida but did not. Texas played LSU strong for a young team. The thing that helps UF is that the SEC east looks particularly weak outside of UGA and FSU looks like trash. Having a tough time putting away the U pales to the early struggles of USC, UT, FSU and Missouri. If UF gets past Kentucky I think they finish 2nd in the division. And the West has the potential to decimate one another which would help prop up Florida in the rankings.

Clemson, Bama, LSU, UGA and OU are balling. I think Notre Dame got a bad rap after the Clemson game in the semi final last year. But they kept it closer than Bama and Clemson did not start separating until Book was out.

Old Today, 02:34 PM

9,681 posts, read 7,330,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I went with Michigan. I was tempted to say Florida but did not. Texas played LSU strong for a young team. The thing that helps UF is that the SEC east looks particularly weak outside of UGA and FSU looks like trash. Having a tough time putting away the U pales to the early struggles of USC, UT, FSU and Missouri. If UF gets past Kentucky I think they finish 2nd in the division. And the West has the potential to decimate one another which would help prop up Florida in the rankings.

Clemson, Bama, LSU, UGA and OU are balling. I think Notre Dame got a bad rap after the Clemson game in the semi final last year. But they kept it closer than Bama and Clemson did not start separating until Book was out.

Clemson hasn't looked as dominant as they did last year. The defense looked better this week, I didn't see a whole lot of broken tackles like there were against GT.. The offense is still not really hitting on all cylinders. And.. yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds when they've scored 76 points across 2 games against.. Not GREAT teams, but there were no cream puffs in there. Not like they played Wofford or The Citadel or something.

I have concerns about the offense. I can say this.. Without the receivers that he has.. Trevor Lawrence is just an above average QB. The good news for him.. He plays with Justyn Ross the whole time he's there, as well as Amari Rodgers most likely (I suspect he returns next year after being out with injury).. Tee Higgens is a Junior.. I suspect he declares this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or