U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 AM

439 posts, read 1,117,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
^^^----- OSU won the BCS in 2002. ?????? Sounds like a real national championship to me.

Our schedule this year does'nt matter.
Sam Bradford, DeMarco Murray, Jermaine Gresham, Juaquin Iglesias. If these guys have a good year......
14-0 after we smoke the Buckeyes in the BCS Championship!! HA! HA!

BOOMER SOONER!
Did you forget you play Texas 13-1 atleast

Let the smack talk begin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,855,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Did you forget you play Texas 13-1 atleast

Let the smack talk begin
What? UT is only the THIRD best team we have to play from the state of Texas!!The Red River Rivalry should be easier than last year. OU by 10 at least

I'm glad we have TT at home, Crabtree tore us up last year.

Also College Station and Stillwater could be tough, other than those I think our toughest opp will be at home. Stoops is 54-2 at home, YES!

OU is the only team to win back to back Big 12 titles, A threepeat should definitely be within reach, we own Mizzou.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
Ohio State will yet again send the Wimperines home crying on their way to YET ANOTHER national championship.

You're a Pittspuke fan AND a Scumchigan fan. Why am I not surprised?

DWJ
Don't you mean YET ANOTHER BCS smackdown at the hands of an SEC team?

God, let's hope not. If I have to sit through another championship game where a slow, over matched Buckeye team gets blasted by an overrated SEC team, I'll shoot myself. Didn't OSU plod through the Michigan game by a whooping score of 14-3?

USC should beat up on OSU, so hopefully the Buckeyes will be out of the picture. But, I'm sure USC will lose to a Pac-10 and OSU could be back in the picture again.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:04 PM

3,499 posts, read 8,556,194 times
USC is going to destroy that slow team out of the big ten...

Old 06-30-2008, 02:27 PM

2007 Oregon Ducks

Sat, Aug 30 Washington- Win: Nathan Costa (spread QB) should make first start. He would have played after Dixon went down, but he blew out his knee a month before Dixon.
Sat, Sep 06 Utah State- Win: Should be a blowout.
Sat, Sep 13 @ Purdue- Win: Tough road game with a young QB. I just don't think we lose vs. a Big 10 team (especially Purdue), but maybe.
Sat, Sep 20 Boise State- Win: Boise State is awful on the road vs. the Pac-10. Should be close, but we pull it out.
Sat, Sep 27 @ Washington State- Win: WSU will be really down this year. Pullman is tough to play at when it is cold, but the Cougs are not going to be good at all this year.
Sat, Oct 04 @ USC- Loss: Here is where our young team will struggle.
Sat, Oct 11 UCLA- Win: Bruins will not win at Autzen. We should be able to run all over them.
Sat, Oct 25 @ Arizona State- Loss: If Costa is as good as we hope he is, we will win. However, I think our offense will not be able to score enough in this game.
Sat, Nov 01 @ California- Loss: We loss to them in Eugene last year (with Dixon), I think we'll lose again at Berkeley. Cal has the talent to be very good this year if they have mentally regrouped after their meltdown last year.
Sat, Nov 08 Stanford- Win: Blowout
Sat, Nov 15 Arizona- Win: Revenge blowout
Sat, Nov 29 @ Oregon State- Win: Even at Corvallis, we will win this game.

9-3. We have a lot of talent to be very fast offensively. We have a young QB (Costa), a great RB (Johnson, Blount #1 JC back) combo, and potentially good WRs. Our defense actually could be the strength this year with one of the better DB units in the nation. However, we are pretty young and a lot of this is potential talent. We could easily be 7-5 or 10-2, 11-1. I predicted 4 years ago Dennis Dixon was going to "Take us to the Promised Land" (National Championship) in 2007 (oh so close), but I'm not going to say s**t this year.

My super early prediction for the NC is USC beating either Oklahoma (talented) or West Virginia (weak schedule).

Last edited by Acuda; 06-30-2008 at 02:59 PM..

Old 06-30-2008, 02:40 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,546,514 times
NEBRASKA
  1. Sat, Aug 30 Western Michigan
  2. Sat, Sep 06 San Jose State
  3. Sat, Sep 13 New Mexico State
  4. Sat, Sep 27 Virginia Tech
  5. Sat, Oct 04 Missouri (Homecoming)
  6. Sat, Oct 11 Texas Tech at Lubbock, Texas
  7. Sat, Oct 18 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa
  8. Sat, Oct 25 Baylor
  9. Sat, Nov 01 Oklahoma at Norman, Okla.
  10. Sat, Nov 08 Kansas
  11. Sat, Nov 15 Kansas State at Manhattan, Kan.
  12. Fri, Nov 28 Colorado 2:30 p.m. ABC
  13. Sat, Dec 06 Big 12 Championship Game at Kansas City, Mo. (Arrowhead Stadium) 7 p.m. ABC <Hopefully we will be there>
This will be an interesting year with Bo Pelini at the helm with his first year as head football coach. I have no doubt we will have a better record than we did under Callahan. I would love to see us go to the Big 12 Championship - the kids are going to work hard and do anything for Bo and Coach Osborn - the Husker Nation will give Bo and Coach Osborn anything they want - Will be interesting to see what this year delivers.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
NEBRASKA
  1. Sat, Aug 30 Western Michigan
  2. Sat, Sep 06 San Jose State
  3. Sat, Sep 13 New Mexico State
  4. Sat, Sep 27 Virginia Tech
  5. Sat, Oct 04 Missouri (Homecoming)
  6. Sat, Oct 11 Texas Tech at Lubbock, Texas
  7. Sat, Oct 18 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa
  8. Sat, Oct 25 Baylor
  9. Sat, Nov 01 Oklahoma at Norman, Okla.
  10. Sat, Nov 08 Kansas
  11. Sat, Nov 15 Kansas State at Manhattan, Kan.
  12. Fri, Nov 28 Colorado 2:30 p.m. ABC
  13. Sat, Dec 06 Big 12 Championship Game at Kansas City, Mo. (Arrowhead Stadium) 7 p.m. ABC <Hopefully we will be there>
This will be an interesting year with Bo Pelini at the helm with his first year as head football coach. I have no doubt we will have a better record than we did under Callahan. I would love to see us go to the Big 12 Championship - the kids are going to work hard and do anything for Bo and Coach Osborn - the Husker Nation will give Bo and Coach Osborn anything they want - Will be interesting to see what this year delivers.
VaTech, Mizzou, and @Texas Tech- Tough stretch of games there.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,546,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
VaTech, Mizzou, and @Texas Tech- Tough stretch of games there.
Thankfully the first two are at home... that place will be going crazy for Coach Pelini and Coach Osborne, the kids that stuck thru the Callahan years () and the new type of kids that Bo's staff went after...

Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 AM

55 posts, read 182,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Don't you mean YET ANOTHER BCS smackdown at the hands of an SEC team?

God, let's hope not. If I have to sit through another championship game where a slow, over matched Buckeye team gets blasted by an overrated SEC team, I'll shoot myself. Didn't OSU plod through the Michigan game by a whooping score of 14-3?

USC should beat up on OSU, so hopefully the Buckeyes will be out of the picture. But, I'm sure USC will lose to a Pac-10 and OSU could be back in the picture again.
Last years Buckeye squad over-achieved BigTime! No-one expected them to get that far...including themselves. You're right....they were overmatched. This year's team is going to be alot better all around. If we get past USC...look out.

Doug

Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM

41 posts, read 108,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
Last years Buckeye squad over-achieved BigTime! No-one expected them to get that far...including themselves. You're right....they were overmatched. This year's team is going to be alot better all around. If we get past USC...look out.

Doug

you must have some crazy dreams when you go to bed or somethin.

vision-quest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football