U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 AM

201 posts, read 433,704 times

Advertisements

SEC.. Doesn't matter who or what.. They win the Ship'... however, I'll predict Georgia to win it all. They are stacked..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 AM

11 posts, read 27,924 times
Go Gators!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM

3,350 posts, read 5,955,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
But exactly how 99.99% of all Notre Dame fans think. It's a rather odd, yet thoroughly entertaining phenomenon.
Notre Dame fan here. I think 8-4 is more realistic, 9-3 at the best.

But then even I'm probably being overly optimistic ...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 PM

634 posts, read 2,328,607 times
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!

It should be a great year! We should meet up with Mizzou in the Big 12 Championship Game. It will be in Kansas City this year so I'm sure there will be more Mizzou fans than was in San Antonio last year. I swear I'm the only girl I know who looks forward to spending her wedding anniversary at a football game

I can't wait, summer is so long with no football.

I've resorted to watching reruns on CSTV.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,553,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Cannot wait for it to start, me myself prefer watching that than the NFL, more passion, atmosphere, I love it.

Anyway name you team and its schedule and how you think they will do, I will start with my Nevada Wolfpack.

Sat, Aug 30 Grambling State, Reno 6:05 p.m.
Sat, Sep 06 Texas Tech, Reno 6:05 p.m.
Sat, Sep 13 Missouri at Columbia, Mo. TBA
Sat, Sep 27 UNLV at Las Vegas 7 p.m.
Sat, Oct 04 Idaho * at Moscow, Idaho 2 p.m.
Sat, Oct 11 New Mexico State *, Reno 1:05 p.m.
Sat, Oct 18 Utah State * , Reno 1:05 p.m.
Sat, Oct 25 Hawai`i * at Honolulu 6:05 p.m. HT
Fri, Nov 07 Fresno State * at Fresno, Calif. 6 p.m.
Sat, Nov 15 San Jose State * Reno 1:05 p.m.
Sat, Nov 22 Boise State * Reno 1:05 p.m.
Sat, Nov 29 Louisiana Tech * at Ruston, La.

I think we should have a fairly solid year, Bold are predicted wins. Solid offensive this year with Luke Lippincott coming back, two solid QB selections in Nick Graziano and Colin Kaepernick. That'll rack up the offense while the defense should take care of itself.

NOTHING beats college football!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:20 PM

3,664 posts, read 6,489,654 times
I am a huge Buckeyes fan. If they can get past USC, an undefeated season is not out of the question.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,870 times
Finally, the Oregon Ducks have started Fall practice and I for one cannot wait to see what develops. This year will be a growing year, but I will predict a National Championship within the next 5 years (Nike would have it no other way ).

I predicted Dennis Dixon would "lead us to the Promised Land in 2007 when he was at San Leandro H.S. (yeah, I follow Duck recruiting that much)," but things didn't quite work out, oh well.

At least there will always be cute cheerleaders if things do not pan out as one would hope.
Moderator cut: image removed

Of course, it is always fun to remember the Wolverine beat down

Oregon Ducks At Michigan Wolverines 2007 - YouTube

GO DUCKS!!!

Last edited by Acuda; 08-04-2008 at 11:34 PM..

Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,428,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
^^^----- OSU won the BCS in 2002. ?????? Sounds like a real national championship to me.

Our schedule this year does'nt matter.
Sam Bradford, DeMarco Murray, Jermaine Gresham, Juaquin Iglesias. If these guys have a good year......
14-0 after we smoke the Buckeyes in the BCS Championship!! HA! HA!

BOOMER SOONER!
I believe my Buckeye will be the ones smoking your Sooners, b/c no one, including you guys will stop Beanie Wells. Boeckman will have a field day b/c everyone will try and focus on Beanie. Buckeyes will win by 20 over OU in Miami to celebrate our 8th National Title & 2nd one under Jim Tressel.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
USC is going to destroy that slow team out of the big ten...
With what, a QB w/ no real experience, and O-Line w/ no experience? Plus, they couldn't stop Jonathon Stewart of Oregon last year, how do they stop Beanie Wells who is twice the RB Stewart was?
I expect it to be a great game, possibly the game of the year, but OSU's experience will win out, in the end. This will propel my Buckeyes to the NC, much like Texas' win in the early part of 2005 over OSU propelled them to win it all that year.
Oh, how I can't wait for the season to start.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Don't you mean YET ANOTHER BCS smackdown at the hands of an SEC team?

God, let's hope not. If I have to sit through another championship game where a slow, over matched Buckeye team gets blasted by an overrated SEC team, I'll shoot myself. Didn't OSU plod through the Michigan game by a whooping score of 14-3?

USC should beat up on OSU, so hopefully the Buckeyes will be out of the picture. But, I'm sure USC will lose to a Pac-10 and OSU could be back in the picture again.
I take it you didn't watch that game then. As someone who was there, let me tell you, it was 34 degrees, and raining w/ snow mixed in. You simply cannot pass the ball in that weather. As a fan, it was the coldest I've ever been at a game. Even w/ 0 degree weather, if it's dry, you can layer yourself and still be somewhat warm, but w/ that weather, nothing worked, it just completely chilled your bones. It was also windy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football