U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Big XII has a third of the top 15 preseason AP. OU is going to have alot more hurdles than Texas.
Don't forget about the Big XII championship.

Maybe if the big 10 had a championship game they'd get a little more respect. I think it hurts them some/most years in public opinion. Same with the PAC 10. I will admit though it can help them in the polls because it gives them less of a chance to get one more loss.
OU should cruise into the NC game. If you look at the Big XII, it is Oklahoma and everyone else. Tech never has a defense (I'll believe it when they show me they have improved defensively) and although they beat you guys last year, I doubt they can do it again. Texas is overrated. They have untested running backs and will really miss not getting Scott who went to CU. Their defense was not good last year and their receivers are average. KU will lose 3 if they are lucky, more likely 4 as they play the better conference teams (thus the netherworld will cease freezing over and the earth will rotate again ). Mizzou is really your only opponent I think you may, I mean may, struggle with and that is only if they get to the Big XII championship. Don't go losing to TCU like a few years back and you're good to go. As much as I'd like to see you lose, I think you are golden to face USC in the NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
better hope that team isn't UCLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
USC over any other loser team that gets in their way.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
I think if ohio state gets destroyed by USC early in the season, their season will be over. either way, I can't believe anyone would consider ohio state. they have been destroyed and embarrassed twice in a row by SEC teams.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:50 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,004,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
OU should cruise into the NC game. If you look at the Big XII, it is Oklahoma and everyone else. Tech never has a defense (I'll believe it when they show me they have improved defensively) and although they beat you guys last year, I doubt they can do it again. Texas is overrated. They have untested running backs and will really miss not getting Scott who went to CU. Their defense was not good last year and their receivers are average. KU will lose 3 if they are lucky, more likely 4 as they play the better conference teams (thus the netherworld will cease freezing over and the earth will rotate again ). Mizzou is really your only opponent I think you may, I mean may, struggle with and that is only if they get to the Big XII championship. Don't go losing to TCU like a few years back and you're good to go. As much as I'd like to see you lose, I think you are golden to face USC in the NC.
Wow, you are in Texas and this is how you sum up the Big 12?

Tech is going to be VERY good. I think that the Longhorns are the 3rd best team in the South. Oklahoma, Tech, Texas. KU won't have anywhere near the season they had last year but will still be very good (3 losses). They had things work out pretty nicely last year, but Missouri is a legitimate national champ and is my pick to be the Big 12 champ. Don't count out Kansas State either. They were a couple close losses from a completely different season last year (before the D meltdown) and they could be a surprise. Everything I have heard about Nebraska also is that they are in for a decent to good season.

The Big 12 is TOUGH once again and if you think it's Oklahoma and everyone else, we must be watching and looking up different things. I wouldn't doubt the Big 12 having 25% of the top 20 once the season is over.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Wow, you are in Texas and this is how you sum up the Big 12?

Tech is going to be VERY good. I think that the Longhorns are the 3rd best team in the South. Oklahoma, Tech, Texas. KU won't have anywhere near the season they had last year but will still be very good (3 losses). They had things work out pretty nicely last year, but Missouri is a legitimate national champ and is my pick to be the Big 12 champ. Don't count out Kansas State either. They were a couple close losses from a completely different season last year (before the D meltdown) and they could be a surprise. Everything I have heard about Nebraska also is that they are in for a decent to good season.

The Big 12 is TOUGH once again and if you think it's Oklahoma and everyone else, we must be watching and looking up different things. I wouldn't doubt the Big 12 having 25% of the top 20 once the season is over.
Not everyone who lives in Texas is a fan of a Big 12 school. I agree Mizzou can be the champ, however, they did get smashed by OU twice so they will have to prove it to me. Every darn year Tech and their fans claim it will be their year. Every year, Tech comes up short. They have an offense against the weaker teams, but usually can't do the same thing to the big teams (except OU last year). So, they will have to prove it to me. I don't think they have the defense, like usual, to compete nationally or for the Big 12 crown. UT better pray their rbs step up. None of them have much experience and I know many of my friends here in Austin are a bit worried. The defense was garbage last year, but they have a new DC, so who knows. K-State, Nebraska...not next year for either of them. Nebraska claimed the last two years they were going to return and they were destroyed. Maybe in a few years though.

I see OU winning it over Mizzou and getting to the NC were they will face USC (with Sanchez), without Sanchez- I don't know.

Last edited by Acuda; 08-09-2008 at 08:38 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,834,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think if ohio state gets destroyed by USC early in the season, their season will be over. either way, I can't believe anyone would consider ohio state. they have been destroyed and embarrassed twice in a row by SEC teams.
I must admit as a Ohio State fan they did get embarrassed the last two years in the national championship,but they were still in the national championship so at least they made it in.USC wasn't in the national championship,and they were embarrassed by losing to Stamford.I think it will be a close game between Ohio State and USC and of course as an Ohio State fan I pick the Buckeyes to win,but I think it will be a fun game to watch.Plus I don't think either teams season will be over if they lose one game.One loss teams can get into the national championship.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 PM

634 posts, read 2,329,097 times
Being a die hard Sooner fan, I would love to see OU vs usc in the title game with OU winning. We Sooner fans still think of that Orange Bowl a few years back as "the game of which we do not speak of".

Revenge would be sweet!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:29 PM

251 posts, read 809,295 times
Noone else likes the Fighting Irish to win it all?

Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
Noone else likes the Fighting Irish to win it all?
This is a joke? The Irish are a 7 to 8 win team at best this year. Notre Dame, Choklahoma, Ohio State, I hope they all get crushed this year.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 AM

43,566 posts, read 52,739,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg031 View Post
Who does everyone think will be in the national title game next season and who will win it?

My prediction is the Texas Longhorns beat the Georgia Bulldogs 38-28.

I like this prediction, sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football