U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:06 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,997,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Kind of off the radar a bit, but Texas A&M was beaten AT HOME by Arkansas State.
GO RED WOLVES!!! Here's hoping for a bowl game for an Arkansas team this year!!

Oh...and..I may not care one whit for UCLA..but seeing TN lose makes me smile almost as much as seeing the tide lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 06:15 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,819,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
The only surprise to me was the Utah win at Michigan.

The others were no surprise at all.
That one to me probaly to me not a surprise.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 2 days ago)

46,878 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Yeah, and to Arkansas State in the venerable "home of the 12th man." That stadium has to be one of the loudest, most difficult places to play in college football. I mean A&M has yell leaders and all kinds of stuff. I suspect they quietened down a bit after they saw the same lackluster performance from their team from last year. It'll be interesting to see if Coach Sherman can turn things around. I'm not an A&M fan, but I do keep up with things like this.
Arkansas State??? You cannot lose to them on your home turf. Ever. A&M has got to be flat-out embarrassed, Synopsis. Imagine the taunts the Aggies and their fans will get in Austin when the time comes that they play my Longhorns on Thanksgiving night.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:59 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Arkansas State??? You cannot lose to them on your home turf. Ever. A&M has got to be flat-out embarrassed, Synopsis. Imagine the taunts the Aggies and their fans will get in Austin when the time comes that they play my Longhorns on Thanksgiving night.
A&M blows most of the time. They are always overrated. However, make sure to take care of business with the Ags this time, unlike the last 2 years for gosh sakes.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I was surprised about how badly Virginia lost to USC. I thought it would be a closer game but Virginia got blown out at home to a team which lost over 10 starters to the NFL draft. It's been embrassing for the ACC especially since both NC State and Clemson got blown out also.
USC can only be beaten most of the time by another Pac-10 team (yeah, yeah, Vince Young in 2005). Pac-10 teams play each other every year and only once in a while, once in a while, another team will take them down, but ultimately not win the Pac-10 title. USC normally destroys other conference teams including the SEC. They are so loaded with top talent, it is silly. UVA stood no chance. Sanchez is a great QB, the RBs (all 48 of them) are sick, and the defense is brutal. I doubt Ohio State stands much of a chance. They are just too slow, ala Michigan vs. Oregon last year.

But, 52-7, yowzaa!!!I'm not so sure my Ducks will be able to slow them down, but, stranger things have happened (Stanford, cough, cough...)

I was impressed with Texas and Bama, and well, of course my Duckies.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Looking forward to it as well. Go Horns

Old 09-03-2008, 12:01 PM

7,228 posts, read 8,237,914 times
Here's a "Surprise" story. Men parachute into wrong football stadium | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/08/30/men_parachute_football_game.html - broken link)

Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,013,863 times
I saw that. That's pretty funny.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:31 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
USC can only be beaten most of the time by another Pac-10 team (yeah, yeah, Vince Young in 2005). Pac-10 teams play each other every year and only once in a while, once in a while, another team will take them down, but ultimately not win the Pac-10 title. USC normally destroys other conference teams including the SEC. They are so loaded with top talent, it is silly. UVA stood no chance. Sanchez is a great QB, the RBs (all 48 of them) are sick, and the defense is brutal. I doubt Ohio State stands much of a chance. They are just too slow, ala Michigan vs. Oregon last year.

But, 52-7, yowzaa!!!I'm not so sure my Ducks will be able to slow them down, but, stranger things have happened (Stanford, cough, cough...)

I was impressed with Texas and Bama, and well, of course my Duckies.
Great post as usual!! I do agree with you. Speaking of your Ducks, my neighbors are huge Duck fans, they both went to school at Oregon and the wife actually ran track there. Anyway, they and a bunch of others are going to the game at Purdue. If I can rearrange my schedule that weekend, we may go too as they have extra tickets, I'll let you know how that goes. I like your ducks, their fans are especially fun to hang out with!! Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football