U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times

Advertisements

no doubt that auburn has had the gators number the last few years, but florida has the NC's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 PM

833 posts, read 4,456,683 times
Default Gator Hater here!

I'm a gator hater. I hope Miami kicks their butts tonight.
My husband is a major gator, absolutely loves them. Attended college there, yada yada yada. I graduated from U of Miami. So football season is interesting at our house...especially tonight. Loser has to make a lavish dinner tomorrow. I'm thinking crab legs and gator for me.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:15 PM

7,231 posts, read 8,239,270 times
I didnt realize Florida and Miami hate each other. One of my College football video games doesnt reconize these two schools as rivals, and I've never heard either teams fans talk about how they hate the other. I always thought FSU was the school to hate for both.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM

I don't know if they are true rivals, but when my husband started talking trash about Miami when we first met, I had to defend myself. So now I'm a better trash talker than he is. We make it fun during football season. I purchased a few more Miami things last week in preparation for the big game tonight. He was mildly amused.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM

173 posts, read 566,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
florida fan here. any others out there, or even some trash talkers from other schools. I will try my best to keep it clean if you can. my question to florida fans, and college fans in general is this. tim tebow is a junior, has already won a NC, and the heisman, but probably doesn't figure to be a top pro prospect. will he return for his senior year? my concern is this. the have so much talent on the bench, I am afraid that one of those guys will transfer, but if they don't, they gators will be stacked for years with well groomed guys in the system. where are my gator fans? where are the gator haters?
Live in Ocala but not a diehard Gator Fan..Wisconsin all the way. That said, Tebow will not translate to the NFL as well as he has to college. I think he will come back because he genuinely seems to be having the time of his life...like the Gator hoops team. If he does go i look to John Brantley IV to step in with a big career...Go Gators!...Unless they're playing Wisconsin of course

Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,312,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers19 View Post
I'm a gator hater. I hope Miami kicks their butts tonight.
My husband is a major gator, absolutely loves them. Attended college there, yada yada yada. I graduated from U of Miami. So football season is interesting at our house...especially tonight. Loser has to make a lavish dinner tomorrow. I'm thinking crab legs and gator for me.
Guess we know who kicked butt and whose butt got kicked!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Yep, I already went out to buy their victory dinner. My four year old, who wholeheartedly supports the gators with his dad, wanted Lucky Charms for dinner to celebrate their victory. My husband said no way, so they settled on spaghetti and meatballs with a side of strawberries. My other son sides with me and loves Miami. We consoled each other today!
I'm doing a little less trash talking today, but I can't do too much less or my husband will gloat way too much for far too long.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Sounds like you've found the perfect solution! Good job!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
Live in Ocala but not a diehard Gator Fan..Wisconsin all the way. That said, Tebow will not translate to the NFL as well as he has to college. If Go Gators!...Unless they're playing Wisconsin of course
Hope it's okay to edit your quote. My point is--I'm in the same boat. Live in FL but it is Badgers Go All the Way for me, too. However, I want Tebow to win every other game he plays and hope he finishes his senior year. Here's hoping he has the perfect family support system who will not let some uncaring agent type muddle the works.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM

173 posts, read 566,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Hope it's okay to edit your quote. My point is--I'm in the same boat. Live in FL but it is Badgers Go All the Way for me, too. However, I want Tebow to win every other game he plays and hope he finishes his senior year. Here's hoping he has the perfect family support system who will not let some uncaring agent type muddle the works.
I like the Gators and Superman but if the Gators play Wisconsin, Tennessee, or Louisville, then I cheer against them...otherwise I'm on board the Gator wagon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football