U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:09 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,538,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
they play at iowa. then they have indiana and michigan state at home. I still feel that you have to put a 1 loss team from a good conference ahead of them. I will give them this, they crushed the team that beat USC. but overall, they schedule is totally pathetic. the BCS has looked foolish putting ohio state in the NC game the last couple of years, will they do it with penn state?
I'm with you jmarquise. I think a one loss team from the SEC or Big XII is much better than Penn State.

The BCS has been looking foolish for years, IMO. I wish we had some kind of playoff system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
I propose a sweet 12 format. take the champs from every conference and let them play. imagine bracketology in january! also, teams from the WAC would have their shot at it. I think that winning your conference should be a requirement to be in the playoff. I remember when the gators killed ohio state in the NC game, and people were mad that they leapfrogged michigan. michigan wasn't even champions of their own conference. that should be required. I wanna see the sun belt conference represented!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm with you jmarquise. I think a one loss team from the SEC or Big XII is much better than Penn State.

The BCS has been looking foolish for years, IMO. I wish we had some kind of playoff system.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Default Congratulations to the University of Florida!

A well played game by a Championship team. The SEC is THE superior conference without a doubt.

jmarquise, I eat my words today...

Gators are National Champions!

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-09-2009 at 02:02 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 06:12 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,496,493 times
I stayed up till past-midnight to watch the game - even getting yelled at by neighbors for the random outburts of "NONONONONONONO!!" or "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOO!!"

And I was up at 5-ish, and a zombie. Can't wait to get off work and get my BCS Championship shirt.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 AM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Although I was pulled for Oklahoma, Florida played great football. They are #1 without a doubt. The Florida defense came up big on goal line stops.I thought it would be a high scoring game, but it sure wasn't.

One word says it all about Tim Tebow-CLASS!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:13 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Classy Post Synopsis. Be proud of OU and your QB for a great season.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 AM

Tebow is a class act. Not only for his on the field heroics, but off the field he is a true humanitarian. He deserves his day in the sun. I hope he goes into the NFL and makes a name for himself there as well. I'll be a fan of whatever team he ends up on.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:31 AM

32,425 posts, read 17,759,893 times
I agree with Synopsis. You have to give credit where it is due. Tebow was impressive. Florida's defense put a stopper on the OU offense.

As the okie thread can attest, I am no fan of Bob Stoops, in fact, I have great contempt for the guy. But why, oh why, did they allow the OU offense to spend 25% of their possession time looking to the sidelines waiting for the next audible? The OU team looked like a herd of bewildered players.

OU had the talent, speed, and size to play Flordia competitively, instead, the OU coaches in the sky booth played cat and mouse the whole game.

Next time, revert back to old school and let the two teams play ball!

It was a great, if slow, game.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Quote:
Tebow is a class act. Not only for his on the field heroics, but off the field he is a true humanitarian. He deserves his day in the sun. I hope he goes into the NFL and makes a name for himself there as well. I'll be a fan of whatever team he ends up on.

I guess for his sake lets hope it wont be the Lions

Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,542,345 times
Quote:
Class act? Like his 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for taunting?

Clearly he values his religion. You think he's waiting to get married to have sex?

As for his football talent, well, it's unbelievable. Florida gave OU plenty of opportunities in the first half, but their defense held tight. The Florida offense took it to OU in the 2nd half and then it was game over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football