U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
Reputation: 835

Advertisements

florida fan here. any others out there, or even some trash talkers from other schools. I will try my best to keep it clean if you can. my question to florida fans, and college fans in general is this. tim tebow is a junior, has already won a NC, and the heisman, but probably doesn't figure to be a top pro prospect. will he return for his senior year? my concern is this. the have so much talent on the bench, I am afraid that one of those guys will transfer, but if they don't, they gators will be stacked for years with well groomed guys in the system. where are my gator fans? where are the gator haters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2008, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
Reputation: 4910
Not a Gator fan nor a Gator hater(I like how that sounds). But I predict Tebow will go to the NFL at the end of the year. I'm looking forward to the Georgia game, see if Urban Meyer can give the Dawgs payback for last season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
Reputation: 835
I think this weekend against maimi will be a good indication of how good they are. the ACC is weak, but florida hasn't beaten the canes in quite a while. they looked pretty stacked without harvin against hawaii. I have mixed feelings about tebow going into the draft. if he leaves early, he will not be selected highly. he also seems to value education, but man, I want to see more of the backup QB's. they don't play another easy game until they meet the citidel. why the gators schedule those hard games at the end of the year, I will never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Not a Gator fan nor a Gator hater(I like how that sounds). But I predict Tebow will go to the NFL at the end of the year. I'm looking forward to the Georgia game, see if Urban Meyer can give the Dawgs payback for last season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,935 posts, read 4,540,330 times
Reputation: 3845
How sweet it was for Michigan to beat Florida, a perennial SEC power, to end last season after the App. St. and Oregon disasters. That win wasn't total vindication, but it sure helped ease the pain.

On another note......I hope Florida trounces Georgia this year, mostly to avenge that ridiculous stunt by Mark Richt when he had the whole team charge the end zone after a touchdown. He should have been suspended and fined for that.......can't believe the NCAA did not act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
Reputation: 835
I expected florida to lose to michigan. florida's defense was horrible last year. they were pretty much a two man team, and finished 5th in the SEC. the michigan game was pretty much what I expected. michgan threw all over them, but florida's two man team in tebow and harvin played well. this years team is different. the defense looks good, and their offense is insane. they have the fastest teenager in the country at running back. the team speed on offense is absurd. they are going to kill georgia. I pretty much hate michigan, but I am from detroit and my bros are michigan fans(which is probably why I hate them). however, I hope they get someone to run that offense. utah is a good team, and michigan could have easily won that game, but they really need a year for rodrigues to recruit a qb that fits that system. he will be successful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
How sweet it was for Michigan to beat Florida, a perennial SEC power, to end last season after the App. St. and Oregon disasters. That win wasn't total vindication, but it sure helped ease the pain.

On another note......I hope Florida trounces Georgia this year, mostly to avenge that ridiculous stunt by Mark Richt when he had the whole team charge the end zone after a touchdown. He should have been suspended and fined for that.......can't believe the NCAA did not act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,935 posts, read 4,540,330 times
Reputation: 3845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I expected florida to lose to michigan. florida's defense was horrible last year. they were pretty much a two man team, and finished 5th in the SEC. the michigan game was pretty much what I expected. michgan threw all over them, but florida's two man team in tebow and harvin played well. this years team is different. the defense looks good, and their offense is insane. they have the fastest teenager in the country at running back. the team speed on offense is absurd. they are going to kill georgia. I pretty much hate michigan, but I am from detroit and my bros are michigan fans(which is probably why I hate them). however, I hope they get someone to run that offense. utah is a good team, and michigan could have easily won that game, but they really need a year for rodrigues to recruit a qb that fits that system. he will be successful there.
You traitor! Renounce your evil ways and support your home state school!

Just kidding....

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people realize exactly how thin Michigan is on offensive talent right now. They lost ALL of their big time offensive players to graduation and the NFL in the offseason, and are trying to absorb a new coach with a new scheme. Hard as it is to admit, Utah is a better team this year, and we still gave 'em hell right up to the final series of that game, even with a totally inexperienced offensive unit. We were all obviously hoping that Terelle Pryor would come here, but deep down everyone knew he was going to Ohio St. from the get go. It's gonna take a couple years for coach Rod to get the talent in here necessary to run the spread, and until then we are hoping for the best, while bracing for the worst. I'll be at the Big House this weekend to hopefully watch a solid rebound victory over Miami (OH). I was at the Oregon game last year (worst home loss in UM history), and never want to go through that again.

I lived in Atlanta for 20 years, so I know how what a war zone the SEC is. Amazing that a team has to go through a schedule with teams like LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas on it every year. To make matters even tougher, Kentucky and S. Carolina are no longer easy wins, either!

Anyway.....please beat Georgia in a few weeks. Those people, along with Ohio St. fans, have to be the most obnoxious blobs in the history of competitive athletics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Location: The Rock!
2,370 posts, read 6,995,779 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Anyway.....please beat Georgia in a few weeks. Those people, along with Ohio St. fans, have to be the most obnoxious blobs in the history of competitive athletics.
I would give that award to 'bama fans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
Reputation: 835
haha, no way. ohio state fans are the WORST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I would give that award to 'bama fans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46025
Well, really, I'm not intimidated by playing at Florida. It seems Auburn took care of business down there last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46025
In fact, for your viewing pleasure, look at this funny video from last year:


YouTube - Florida Fan Gets Upset After Florida Loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top