U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Being an OU fan. Its hard to think of National Championships since 2000. But, OU is definitely a better team than USC. The whole team has NFL written all over it. The Big 12 might actually be slightly better than the SEC this year...
Yeah, and that is what everyone in good ol' Oklahoma was saying in 2000 and we all know how that turned out didn't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,567,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
OK, I'm from Georgia but, really, can it really be anyone else other than USC vs. Oklahoma??

If they both keep playing like they are, definitely. I applaud you for your objective observation (I'm a Sooner fan).

It's a long season and a lot could happen, but the no. 1 and 2 teams right now are definitely the best two teams in the country.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, and that is what everyone in good ol' Oklahoma was saying in 2000 and we all know how that turned out didn't we?
Yep. 2000 National Champs!

I hope OU can get over the choke factor this year... It's a long season, and I'm glad for that.

Texas will be a challenge, as will whomever they meet in the Big XII Championship (if we get there) and beyond that.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,675,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Being an OU fan. Its hard to think of National Championships since 2000. But, OU is definitely a better team than USC. The whole team has NFL written all over it. The Big 12 might actually be slightly better than the SEC this year...
I think the SEC has some good top teams but from top to bottom we, the Big Twelve, Have the better conference.

Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Mizzu, Kansas despite losing to S. Florida. Nebraska might turn it around a bit this year and Colorado is beating #21 West Virgina right now.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Yep. 2000 National Champs!

I hope OU can get over the choke factor this year... It's a long season, and I'm glad for that.

Texas will be a challenge, as will whomever they meet in the Big XII Championship (if we get there) and beyond that.
Missouri seems pretty tough this year. That would be a good Big XII Championship.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 PM

17,093 posts, read 8,675,189 times
Missouri might just get their noses rubbed in it when they travel to Lincoln in a few weeks.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Missouri might just get their noses rubbed in it when they travel to Lincoln in a few weeks.
Yeah, those Black Shirts have been a defensive machine the last few years. I'm sure this will be the week against such a weak offense.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I think even if USC loses to whoever they will still be in the NC game. I dont think yesterday was that great because I feel Ohio St. was WAY overrated. However SC is the top team in the country

As far as Oklahoma, im am bias as a Texas fan, but who have the played? Chattanooga, Cincinnati, and a Washington team thats 0-3? I will pass judgment when they play a good football team.

Wait til the Sooners and Sam Bradford lay wast of the Texas Longhorns in about two weeks and you'll know how BAD (in a good way) that the Sooners are.

Bradford threw for more touchdowns last week than he did for incompletions, and he is only a Sophomore!

OU is better than ANY team in the nation and USC had better watch out, IF they make it.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yes, they won the National Championship that year! The first Championship in College Football in the new millennium.

GO SOONERS!

Last edited by Synopsis; 09-19-2008 at 08:52 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,675,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wait til the Sooners and Sam Bradford lay wast of the Texas Longhorns in about two weeks and you'll know how BAD (in a good way) that the Sooners are.

Bradford threw for more touchdowns last week than he did for incompletions, and he is only a Sophomore!

OU is better than ANY team in the nation and USC had better watch out, IF they make it.

Well according to SI.com Washington is the 87th rated team in the nation, so big numbers vs a bad team dont impress me. Wait til Bradford meets the new UT defense with Will Muschamp in charge. I cant wait for the 11th to crush the hopes of you OU fans, almost as bad as when you played West Virgina in the Fiesta Bowl, or for that matter like Boise St in 07.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football