U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,139,937 times
Reputation: 1373

Advertisements

Mizzou versus Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,526,508 times
Reputation: 2052
Man, does anybody know where Corvallis is? SoCAL does. With all that cool Orange and black, it looked like Holloween out there in Oregon. Scared the crap out of SoCal I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,819,690 times
Reputation: 1324
I'm not willing to close the door completley for USC, we've still got a long way togo and everyone in here knows College Football has a mind of its own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,923,412 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
I would have to say that when USC loses, they lose because complacency sits in. And in the weak Pac 10 that is easy to do. But if they were in the SEC, they would be up for every game because every game would be big. And that is when they're at their best.
That's exactly what happened yesterday,not because they're overrated (what SEC fans would say), but because they overlooked the Beavers. SC should still be top ten after this and they still have a chance to play in the Championship game, yes they'll be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times
Reputation: 835
they do not deserve to be in the top 10 after this. oregon state got destroyed by penn state, and they made USC look like fools. USC is a good team, but they need to drop far from the #1 spot. I think they belong around the 10-15 area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
That's exactly what happened yesterday,not because they're overrated (what SEC fans would say), but because they overlooked the Beavers. SC should still be top ten after this and they still have a chance to play in the Championship game, yes they'll be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,550,850 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no way. LSU doesn't have enough consistency at QB.
If Oklahoma continues on the tornado like destruction of their opponents, they will undoubtedly be in the National Championship game. However, as we have seen college football these days can be unpredictable. Much like the NFL's "any given Sunday." Except in this case it's "any given Saturday."

OU is looking like a powerhouse though with that spread offense and fantastic running game.

At this point in the season, nobody can play at their level.

TCU is coming up tomorrow for OU. This will be an interesting game as TCU has literally owned Oklahoma for the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,819,690 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
That's exactly what happened yesterday,not because they're overrated (what SEC fans would say), but because they overlooked the Beavers. SC should still be top ten after this and they still have a chance to play in the Championship game, yes they'll be there.
I don't think they overlooked the Beavers this time, Pete Carroll made sure that they were not to get complacent, maybe his players just thought oh yeah we should win this but I know Pete Carroll was trying to get the point across to them. I just think the Beavers wanted it more and played terrific
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Beaumont, Texas
539 posts, read 1,643,510 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I don't think they overlooked the Beavers this time, Pete Carroll made sure that they were not to get complacent, maybe his players just thought oh yeah we should win this but I know Pete Carroll was trying to get the point across to them. I just think the Beavers wanted it more and played terrific
I agree. With teams like USC, a game is just a game.
To the opposing team it is THE game.
But I'm still rooting for USC over Georgia in the title game. (Stranger things have happened)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times
Reputation: 835
hmmmm. my dad is an oklahoma fan, and he will be the first to admit that oklahoma does this pretty much every year. they kill people in the beginning of the year, but then they find a way to lose a couple of games. if they continue to kill people, of course they will be in the NC game, because the big 12 and the SEC own the top 10, so everyone is going to knock each other off.

you say that at this point in the season, that no one could hang with OU. I beg to differ. I guess you have yet to see a florida game. 56-10, 26-3, and 30-6. I might also point out that the 10 points hawaii scored came in garbage time, and the 6 points tennessee got were the result of a drive kept alive by a couple of phantom pass interference calls. they have the best defense in the SEC, and it has been dominant. miami has scored 52 and 41 in their other two games. they scored 3 against the gators. don't get me wrong, I like the fact that florida is flying far under the radar because tebow isn't scoring 5 TD's a game. to me, florida is playing perfect. their defense causes turnovers, and their offense doesn't turn the ball over. add to that the best special teams in the nation, and you have a scary football team. a field goal kicker that has yet to miss this year. 14/14 XP, and 4/4 FG. a punter that is averaging 49.0 yards a kick and given up 0 return yards. brandon james is averaging 26.2 yards a punt return with 2 TD's already this season, and 33.5 per kick off return. I suppose that it would be logical to kick away from him. we thought of that, so we threw percy harvin back there with him, and that might be scarier.

that's cool though. people can keep overlooking the gators because they aren't putting up 80 points against everyone they play. they also aren't giving up any points. I'll take a 26-3 win over a 55-30 win any day. if this offense does what it's capable of, I believe that the gators will be the scariest team in college football. this is the first year I have seen where they have all the intangibles in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
If Oklahoma continues on the tornado like destruction of their opponents, they will undoubtedly be in the National Championship game. However, as we have seen college football these days can be unpredictable. Much like the NFL's "any given Sunday." Except in this case it's "any given Saturday."

OU is looking like a powerhouse though with that spread offense and fantastic running game.

At this point in the season, nobody can play at their level.

TCU is coming up tomorrow for OU. This will be an interesting game as TCU has literally owned Oklahoma for the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,106 times
Reputation: 1024
If this keeps up texas might have a shot at the Nat. Champ game. If Bama holds out and wins we should move up to the 4-5 spot. Then once we beat Oklahoma we gonna be top 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top