Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:59 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wait til the Sooners and Sam Bradford lay wast of the Texas Longhorns in about two weeks and you'll know how BAD (in a good way) that the Sooners are.

Bradford threw for more touchdowns last week than he did for incompletions, and he is only a Sophomore!

OU is better than ANY team in the nation and USC had better watch out, IF they make it.
Same applies to OU, you guys gotta make sure you don't trip up. At the moment I'd have USC 1st OU in a close 2nd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:17 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Well according to SI.com Washington is the 87th rated team in the nation, so big numbers vs a bad team dont impress me. Wait til Bradford meets the new UT defense with Will Muschamp in charge. I cant wait for the 11th to crush the hopes of you OU fans, almost as bad as when you played West Virgina in the Fiesta Bowl, or for that matter like Boise St in 07.
Washington does stink, but the Bearcats dont. And OU rolled Cincy like sushi. 40-26.
NCAA.com (http://www.ncaa.com/football/article.aspx?id=340690 - broken link)
We will all see soon enough. Aint college football fun!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
I think USC is going to be there, vs. whoever can escape the SEC. My biggest fear is that the SEC and Big 12 beat up on each other, creating 2 loss teams, and a Wisconsin, Penn State or South Florida goes undeafeated and we have a huge uproar over who should be in. Now what if BYU goes undefeated, and we have two loss teams from the SEC and Big 12? Their conference is pretty good, 5-0 last week vs. the Pac-10, Utah is in the Top 25, etc.. I don't think any of those scenarios will happen, but they are in the back of my mind. Personally I'd like to see a playoff system.

Anyway it will be a great season and you know there will be upsets along the way, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:01 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
Quote:
I think the SEC has some good top teams but from top to bottom we, the Big Twelve, Have the better conference.

Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Mizzu, Kansas despite losing to S. Florida. Nebraska might turn it around a bit this year and Colorado is beating #21 West Virgina right now.
While the Big 12 is getting closer, I still have to say the SEC is better. I think my Huskers need to return to National prominence and Texas Tech needs to take that next step before we can say we are on par with the SEC. Texas Tech every year seems like they are ready to sneak in and win the south, but so far they have always been a tease. If we want to be better than the SEC, then Texas A+M also needs to get better and Iowa State and Baylor need to become more respectable as bottom feeders.

It would be cool if they could set up a Big 12-Sec challenge for a weekend. Say LSU-Texas, Oklahoma-Florida, Mizzou-Georgia, Auburn-Texas Tech, Alabama-Kansas, Tennessee-Texas A+M, Nebraska-South Carolina, Oklahoma State-Arkansas, Colorado-Kentucky, K-State-Mississippi St, Baylor-Ole Miss, Iowa State-Vandy. Be fun, but it would never happen.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
I really, really want to see UGA go undefeated. Why? Because I want them to meet USC and get slaughtered so these lame uga (bandwagon)fans can shut up about how tough they are. I'm no Trojan fan but I know FORCE when I see it and no matter what I say, no matter what proof I present to them UGA fans will always be arrogant. The sad thing is that sec fans (outside of Vandy) don't even know how dominant the real SC is, it really is a shame that Atlanta doesn't have the amount of fans it deserves.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
I really, really want to see UGA go undefeated. Why? Because I want them to meet USC and get slaughtered so these lame uga (bandwagon)fans can shut up about how tough they are. I'm no Trojan fan but I know FORCE when I see it and no matter what I say, no matter what proof I present to them UGA fans will always be arrogant. The sad thing is that sec fans (outside of Vandy) don't even know how dominant the real SC is, it really is a shame that Atlanta doesn't have the amount of fans it deserves.
What has USC done that is so impressive? They Beat Ohio St, who was overrated to begin with in LA. Atleast Georgia played two pretty good teams on the road. USC is a good team but they are beatable, I think if they played LSU they could lose

Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
What has USC done that is so impressive? They Beat Ohio St, who was overrated to begin with in LA. Atleast Georgia played two pretty good teams on the road. USC is a good team but they are beatable, I think if they played LSU they could lose
I just think USC is on a different level than other teams out there. Maybe I listen to Cowherd too much but I'm convinced that SC can/will perform better against top teams. I just get tired of Sec fans who belittle the Trojans; I know that the SEC is the best conference but SC is the better overall team out there. I think USC can beat any SEC team because USC is just too good (they can run well and pass well). Look on the bright side atleast we don't have to see a rematch in the championship game.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:36 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
OK, I'm from Georgia but, really, can it really be anyone else other than USC vs. Oklahoma??
Every day it's looking more and more like this is the matchup that will take place.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,520 times
I've always been an SC fan so I'm obviously biased.
USC 45 - Georgia 13 in the BCS Championship game.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
no way. georgia can't get through their schedule undefeated, and if they did, the score would be much closer than that. georgia just traveled out west and crushed arizona st, who was predicted to be a good team. the pac 10 isn't looking too hot. it's pretty much a 1 team conference, and that isn't going to help USC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
I've always been an SC fan so I'm obviously biased.
USC 45 - Georgia 13 in the BCS Championship game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football