Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:16 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

A one loss Big XII team along with a one loss SEC team should FOR SURE be ranked higher than an undefeated SC team in the end.

I pray SC steps on it in one of their conf. games. (Stanford, UCLA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM

142 posts, read 524,179 times
Did you get that prediction from Lou Holtz???

[quote=NJ Chutzpah;5261058]I have a feeling ND will knock off USC this year

Old 09-24-2008, 03:49 PM

Spanked the living crap?? What game were you watching, SC was up by 13 in the 4th qtr. Texas was good on that day, and lucky too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
why not? oklahoma plays in the same division as texas, and we all know that vince young and texas spanked the living crap out of USC. wake me up when USC gets an impressive win. sorry, UVA and a totally overrated OSU team is hardly a reason to give them the NC. I am sure that stanford, or a team like that will ruin their season.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM

It's not only Cowherd saying USC is the best, it's Musberger, Keith Jackson, Mark May, Herbstreet, it's everyone saying it. Everyone but the SEC faithful and of course Lou Holtz, who always predicts Notre Dame will win each one of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
I just think USC is on a different level than other teams out there. Maybe I listen to Cowherd too much but I'm convinced that SC can/will perform better against top teams. I just get tired of Sec fans who belittle the Trojans; I know that the SEC is the best conference but SC is the better overall team out there. I think USC can beat any SEC team because USC is just too good (they can run well and pass well). Look on the bright side atleast we don't have to see a rematch in the championship game.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:57 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
USC is a great team that produces a lot of pros. in this moment in time, the SEC is the best conference. I think if you dropped USC into the SEC for a year, they would lose 2-3 games. USC has won and lost their NC's to the big 12. I can think of couple good teams in the big 12. oklahoma and texas. other teams have been good as well, but the SEC is always good top to bottom. I would love to see a USC match up with the SEC champs. SEC teams are battle tested, and ready to fight come january. it's one thing to beat up on an SEC team in week 2, but it's another to do it in a BCS bowl. I am not saying that the SEC would win, but any USC fan who thinks it would be some sort of blowout is mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
It's not only Cowherd saying USC is the best, it's Musberger, Keith Jackson, Mark May, Herbstreet, it's everyone saying it. Everyone but the SEC faithful and of course Lou Holtz, who always predicts Notre Dame will win each one of their games.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
USC is a great team that produces a lot of pros. in this moment in time, the SEC is the best conference. I think if you dropped USC into the SEC for a year, they would lose 2-3 games. USC has won and lost their NC's to the big 12. I can think of couple good teams in the big 12. oklahoma and texas. other teams have been good as well, but the SEC is always good top to bottom. I would love to see a USC match up with the SEC champs. SEC teams are battle tested, and ready to fight come january. it's one thing to beat up on an SEC team in week 2, but it's another to do it in a BCS bowl. I am not saying that the SEC would win, but any USC fan who thinks it would be some sort of blowout is mistaken.
I don't think anyone who think it would be a blowout knows anything at all about College Football, I know it will be a very close game but no way would it be a blowout.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,742 times
jmarquise- As I stated, I'm a USC fan.
I would want the Trojans to win big but in reality (don't bring up Vince Young)... .

Old 09-25-2008, 12:37 PM

USC plays Oregon State tonight on national TV. 9 eastern, 6 pacific on ESPN. Its just too bad that most easterners wont stay up to watch the entire game. I would have to say that when USC loses, they lose because complacency sits in. And in the weak Pac 10 that is easy to do. But if they were in the SEC, they would be up for every game because every game would be big. And that is when they're at their best. Going back to Carson Palmers senior year, they have only lost one big game, and that was to Texas. Even that took a herculean effort by Vince Young for Texas to win that game.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
espn isn't national television, it's cable, and thanks for bringing it up. I don't have it! I had to listen to the gators on the radio for the miami game! I think there is just as much talent at big 12 and SEC schools as there is at USC. I have serious doubts at USC being some kind of mecca for pro players. too many of them turn out to be busts. carson palmer has been bad recently, matt leinart is horrible, reggie bush is an average player but a horrible running back. oh, and being a lions fan, who can forget the biggest bust in franchise history, the mighty mike williams. they turn out a lot of draft picks, but not a lot of their draft picks turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
USC plays Oregon State tonight on national TV. 9 eastern, 6 pacific on ESPN. Its just too bad that most easterners wont stay up to watch the entire game. I would have to say that when USC loses, they lose because complacency sits in. And in the weak Pac 10 that is easy to do. But if they were in the SEC, they would be up for every game because every game would be big. And that is when they're at their best. Going back to Carson Palmers senior year, they have only lost one big game, and that was to Texas. Even that took a herculean effort by Vince Young for Texas to win that game.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:56 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,698 times
USC will make it to the championship thanks in part to them being a great team, and the PAC-10 being horrific. The SEC or Big 12 will provide the other team, depending on whomever is best able to survive those conferences. In the end, I think we're going to have a terrific game in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football