U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:24 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,176,091 times

Advertisements

TCU beats SMU 48-7
First time we start (4-0) since 2003. And we're ranked 23.
Next up... Oklahoma.
And I would think you would expect me to be scared, but remember '05......
Hopefuly, we'll get the same result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,468 times
Thumbs down How low will Rutgers go???

Rutgers football: It's an ugly 23-21 loss to Navy - Rutgers University Foootball - NJ.com

Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM

142 posts, read 472,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I think LSU has a better win than USC. The big game USC won was vs a way overrated Ohio St team. LSU beat Auburn in Auburn, and Auburn is a better team than Ohio St.
I agree that LSU win over Auburn is a better win then USC 35-3 win over Ohio State. But that win could've easily have been 60-3 if Pete Carrol hadn't called off the dogs. The USC/Ohio State game was supposed to be the game of the year, so said all the media critics. But since Ohio State got their butts handed to them by USC, now it's not that big a win??

I wouldn't say LSU could beat USC at all. I think USC is faster, stonger and simply better then any team I've seen this year. Only time will tell I guess.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,236,694 times
Hail to Pitt!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:33 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
I agree that LSU win over Auburn is a better win then USC 35-3 win over Ohio State. But that win could've easily have been 60-3 if Pete Carrol hadn't called off the dogs. The USC/Ohio State game was supposed to be the game of the year, so said all the media critics. But since Ohio State got their butts handed to them by USC, now it's not that big a win??

I wouldn't say LSU could beat USC at all. I think USC is faster, stonger and simply better then any team I've seen this year. Only time will tell I guess.

So what if he called off the dogs, they were still playing a team that was and probably still is overrated. I dont know the schedule but I want to see USC beat a team that is ranked where they should be. Ohio St, in my book should be in the late teens or twenties. They beat Troy 28-10 in Columbus, that isnt impressive. LSU went into Auburn and won, that is impressive in my book. I am NOT saying USC isnt good they are, but I dont think they are this all world team.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU beats SMU 48-7
First time we start (4-0) since 2003. And we're ranked 23.
Next up... Oklahoma.
And I would think you would expect me to be scared, but remember '05......
Hopefuly, we'll get the same result.
I remember that game, they won at Oklahoma too. I assume they're playing in Fort Worth this week right?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 PM

541 posts, read 1,709,130 times
Quote:
So what if he called off the dogs, they were still playing a team that was and probably still is overrated. I dont know the schedule but I want to see USC beat a team that is ranked where they should be. Ohio St, in my book should be in the late teens or twenties. They beat Troy 28-10 in Columbus, that isnt impressive. LSU went into Auburn and won, that is impressive in my book. I am NOT saying USC isnt good they are, but I dont think they are this all world team.
Agreed. USC is good, but who exactly do they play that is worth anything? I would love to see them play an SEC team like LSU, Florida or Georgia.

The biggest weakness with LSU right now is the quarterback situation. However, with a little seasoning I think Jarrett Lee has huge potential to be a great quarterback. He played great against Auburn in the second half.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:16 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Agreed. USC is good, but who exactly do they play that is worth anything? I would love to see them play an SEC team like LSU, Florida or Georgia.

The biggest weakness with LSU right now is the quarterback situation. However, with a little seasoning I think Jarrett Lee has huge potential to be a great quarterback. He played great against Auburn in the second half.
I think they could beat Florida fairly easily (I havn't been too impressed with them so far) but LSU or Georgia will be a different story although I still think USC could beat both of them.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 AM

194 posts, read 451,317 times
Quote:
Texas had one of the BEST defensive stands I have seen in a while.
They sure did! They were awesome in that game. I only got to see some playbacks as its hard to get the full games over here, but what I sw looked pretty good. Just wish I could have seen the whole thing!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
I think that ohio state is going to lose a few games this year. USC is not faster than LSU. I think they would beat LSU though because they are more mature on offense. USC certainly isn't faster than florida. florida is the fastest team in college football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football