U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,373,075 times

Advertisements

USC beating an auburn team that finished 7-5 is like USC beating a 7-5 team. that team started 0-2. both georgia and lsu beat them up that year, and they lost to georgia tech and ole miss. I am not saying that USC didn't schedule the game thinking they were getting a great opponent, but auburn turned out to suck that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
I totally agree with you in this post. But USC whipping Auburn is like...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,151,381 times
I am pumped up for #21 ILLINOIS @ #12 Penn State.

The Nittany Lions are for real but at the same time they haven't played anybody and they basically played all their games at home when, for example, the Fighting Illini played #5 Mizzou in St. Louis. The Illini are more battle tested but Penn State is at home. It should be a great game. ABC is carrying it at 7pm...it's a National broadcast. you all can see it!

Old 09-24-2008, 03:18 PM

142 posts, read 473,220 times
Yea they always suck when they play USC, I can't wait for Notre Dame to be good again. But if I remember correctly Arkansas had a pretty decent year the last time USC beat up on them. They had a freshman quarterback they brought into that game, he later became SEC freshman of the year going 8-0 as the Razorback's starting quarterback. His name was Mitch Mustain, for some reason he transferred to USC. He's now fourth on our depth chart, and runs our scout team in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
USC beating an auburn team that finished 7-5 is like USC beating a 7-5 team. that team started 0-2. both georgia and lsu beat them up that year, and they lost to georgia tech and ole miss. I am not saying that USC didn't schedule the game thinking they were getting a great opponent, but auburn turned out to suck that year.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,373,075 times
mitch mustain is a joke. do you actually think that he was responsible for the good year that arkansas had? I would argue that it was felix jones and darren mcfadden that did that. props to USC for killing arkansas, which they did, even when arkansas was a decent team.

Quote:
Yea they always suck when they play USC, I can't wait for Notre Dame to be good again. But if I remember correctly Arkansas had a pretty decent year the last time USC beat up on them. They had a freshman quarterback they brought into that game, he later became SEC freshman of the year going 8-0 as the Razorback's starting quarterback. His name was Mitch Mustain, for some reason he transferred to USC. He's now fourth on our depth chart, and runs our scout team in practice.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,006,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
mitch mustain is a joke. do you actually think that he was responsible for the good year that arkansas had? I would argue that it was felix jones and darren mcfadden that did that. props to USC for killing arkansas, which they did, even when arkansas was a decent team.
Yes, Arkansas was "decent" that year...only decent. We've not fielded an elite team in decades unfortunately. Mustain is/was a role player in a high school scheme offense. He thought he was too big for Arkansas and so did his parents, that's why he went to SC. He wasn't getting the PT he thought he deserved.

For Socalif, Mustain was NEVER the starting QB for the Hogs. That was an ugly ugly season marred by idiocy. I'm glad you guys have Mustain, keep taking his sorry butt down a few notches. In case you don't know the story, Mustain only got the PT he did because he only agreed to come to AR if his HS coach, Gus Malzahn, accompanied him...yeah, that's the type of person he is, a little jerkoff. His HS coach was given the offensive coordinator slot (a position that Houston Nuttjob had always taken on himself). Good old Gus hardly ever got to call any plays and that raised a stink. AR thought so highly of Mustain, when his parent's began to threaten the school about him transferring, our AD more or less forced Nutt to let Malzahn do his thing. So Malzahn called a few plays, Mustain threw a few passes and the Hogs did more or less no better or worse than with the running game with Casey Dick under center. Nutt took the reins back over, Malzahn left for Tulsa, and Mustain's crybaby mommy and daddy sent him over to you guys...good riddance.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 AM

142 posts, read 473,220 times
Thanks for the info. Looks like Mustain is getting exactly what he deserves. A scout position role and nothing more. We already have our quarterbacks lined up for the next 6 years. After Mark Sanchez's two years, we'll have Aaron Corp for ywo years, than Matt Barkley. Mustain is no where on the radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Yes, Arkansas was "decent" that year...only decent. We've not fielded an elite team in decades unfortunately. Mustain is/was a role player in a high school scheme offense. He thought he was too big for Arkansas and so did his parents, that's why he went to SC. He wasn't getting the PT he thought he deserved.

For Socalif, Mustain was NEVER the starting QB for the Hogs. That was an ugly ugly season marred by idiocy. I'm glad you guys have Mustain, keep taking his sorry butt down a few notches. In case you don't know the story, Mustain only got the PT he did because he only agreed to come to AR if his HS coach, Gus Malzahn, accompanied him...yeah, that's the type of person he is, a little jerkoff. His HS coach was given the offensive coordinator slot (a position that Houston Nuttjob had always taken on himself). Good old Gus hardly ever got to call any plays and that raised a stink. AR thought so highly of Mustain, when his parent's began to threaten the school about him transferring, our AD more or less forced Nutt to let Malzahn do his thing. So Malzahn called a few plays, Mustain threw a few passes and the Hogs did more or less no better or worse than with the running game with Casey Dick under center. Nutt took the reins back over, Malzahn left for Tulsa, and Mustain's crybaby mommy and daddy sent him over to you guys...good riddance.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,006,260 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Looks like Mustain is getting exactly what he deserves. A scout position role and nothing more. We already have our quarterbacks lined up for the next 6 years. After Mark Sanchez's two years, we'll have Aaron Corp for ywo years, than Matt Barkley. Mustain is no where on the radar.
Precisely where I hoped he'd wind up!! I'll admit I had high hopes for him like most every Hog fan did but it became apparent real quick Malzahn's offensive schemes weren't tailored for college ball at the major level out of the gate and Mustain wasn't all that either. If he'd stayed at AR, he probably would be starting full time this season with Petrino and he would've been a good enough QB. He'd for sure have been better than Casey Dick by now but I can't imagine he'd ever be considered a great QB, let alone elite, except in a mid-major conference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football