U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:39 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,824,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Ohio State seems to get bashed on alot but they didn't lose to an unranked team,can't say the same for Florida and USC.Im sick and tired of hearing about how great USC is,they've lost to Stanford and Oregon State over the past two years.
They showed be ashamed they lost to Ole Miss, after all the bs talk their fans have been doing this season (not on this forum) its shut them up a bit. I am still waiting to be impressed by Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 03:59 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,048,299 times
PAC-10 schools traditionally play each other tough. No conference victory is a given for USC, that's PAC-10 play!! Oregon St., Stanford, UCLA. USC should have beat those guys in the recent years. But, no, PAC-10 play is *****. USC has more of a chance to lose to Arizona, than they do Oklahoma. That's a fact.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,021,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yeah, and they usually beat them. however, they don't play the cream of the crop of the SEC. they pick on the middle. I think if USC went to baton rouge on a saturday night, LSU would probably beat them by 40. they aren't used to being in a hostile environment like that.
Who you got?

SEC vs. God?

I'll take the SEC 118-4.

Gee, I can go back to the annuals of history (1970) and clearly remember SC rollin into Alabama with Sam "Bam" Cunningham and lickin' Bama 42-21. Now, that was then and this is now, but I'd still take USC. Heck, didn't SC go into Jordon-Hare and kick around AU a few years back? Yep, they did. I guess only LSU is a hostile environment. Tell me something, how long are the statutes of limitations to consider a team "not used to a hostile environment?" Now, I'm sure you'll laugh, but Autzen (Oregon) is not the friendliest confines out there and they play there. In fact, I believe the loudest crowd ever recorded (127 db) was during the SC game in Autzen. And yes, they have recorded SEC stadiums.

"Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than ... The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."- Michigan Columnist

Autzen Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been to LSU during my Grad School days at UT, and yes, it is loud and intimidating. Bunch of drunk cajuns can really get going, but it isn't anything so crazy that a top program like SC would quiver.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:19 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
USC has more of a chance to lose to Arizona, than they do Oklahoma. That's a fact.

So its a fact that Arizona would have a better chance of beating SC than Oklahoma? Come on now.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,824,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

So its a fact that Arizona would have a better chance of beating SC than Oklahoma? Come on now.
Alot of people are calling that Arizona will beat SC, won't be that much of a surprise.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:

That's PAC-10 play. I believe it.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Alot of people are calling that Arizona will beat SC, won't be that much of a surprise.

I'm not saying it would be a surprise, its just not a fact. You might as well say they have a better chance of getting beat by Arizona than by Texas, UCLA, LSU, etc etc etc. Im just saying its a lame comment.
Anyone who says "thats a fact" in college football must not watch it that much.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying it would be a surprise, its just not a fact. You might as well say they have a better chance of getting beat by Arizona than by Texas, UCLA, LSU, etc etc etc. Im just saying its a lame comment.
Anyone who says "thats a fact" in college football must not watch it that much.
CF is a religion to me. Maybe I over stated "fact". Nothing is fact, any given Saturday. Your right. But if you think it's easier for USC to get through PAC-10 play undefeated, than beat Oklahoma or LSU, than I don't think your watching much college football. You may think the comment is lame and it may be my opinion, but it's all about opinion. And the last three seasons for USC show exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Nothing is fact, any given Saturday. Your right. But if you think it's easier for USC to get through PAC-10 play undefeated, than beat Oklahoma or LSU, than I don't think your watching much college football.
Well you just changed your premise, OF course its easier to win ONE stand alone game against a good/great team than win 9 of 9 conf games. USC just showed us that. I know USC is 6-2-1 against OU, but they play on average every 5 years or so....that being said I think OU or ANY team would have a better chance of beating USC (or any top ten team for that matter) than go undefeated in Conf. play. Thats just plain TOUGH!!

I just won $50 from a USC fan that bet me they'd go undefeated in the regular season, that was wednesday night.....I'll take that bet everytime. It only took one game, ha ha

Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well you just changed your premise, OF course its easier to win ONE stand alone game against a good/great team than win 9 of 9 conf games. USC just showed us that. I know USC is 6-2-1 against OU, but they play on average every 5 years or so....that being said I think OU or ANY team would have a better chance of beating USC (or any top ten team for that matter) than go undefeated in Conf. play. Thats just plain TOUGH!!

I just won $50 from a USC fan that bet me they'd go undefeated in the regular season, that was wednesday night.....I'll take that bet everytime. It only took one game, ha ha
Yeah, you're right. I don't know, I think I forgot my premise. I'll stut up now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football