U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM

16,549 posts, read 21,051,115 times

Advertisements

The Cornhuskers are on the right track for the first time in years. While I don't have the passion for college ball as I do pro ball, I do pay attention to the Big 12. Missouri has surprisingly become a player in this. They've been on a dry run for years and are playing great ball now. For the north, I go with Missouri first, then Nebraska, then Colorado. But Nebraska will be heard from soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 02:18 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,421,935 times
Temple Owls 1-4:

Army W 35-7
UConn L 9-12 (Overtime)
Buffalo L 28-30 (Hailmary)
Penn State L 3-45
W. Michigan L 3-7
Miami (OH) Currently winning 7-0

Easily the best 1 win team in the country. We should be at least 3-2. Our D is still incredibly, incredibly good, and we lead the nation in kick returning.

Florida Gators 4-1:

Hawaii W 56-10
Miami W 26-3
Tenn W 30-6
Miss L 30-31
Ark W 38-7

Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,612,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
True but I think Colt is going to have a good game vs OU. Who have they played? Washington, come on. It is going to be a couple of interesting weeks coming up, and lets hope we dont over look Colorado like OU did last year.

How about TCU? They were a ranked team until OU slaughtered them in Norman..

Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,683,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
How about TCU? They were a ranked team until OU slaughtered them in Norman..
Ranked yes but in the low 20's, that means they could easily be out of the top 25. Teams arent always ranked where they should be, look at Ohio St before the USC game. We will find out this week, my Horns are a good team and should see how good really is.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,612,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Ranked yes but in the low 20's, that means they could easily be out of the top 25. Teams arent always ranked where they should be, look at Ohio St before the USC game. We will find out this week, my Horns are a good team and should see how good really is.
My point was that they have played better competition than Texas.

Texas' defense is nowhere near the level of OU, nor is their running game, but in this game you can throw out all of the Xs and Os.

OU is the better team, but the better team doesn't always win these games.

However, if I were a betting man, I'd lay money on OU to put texas where they belong (not in the top 5).

Old 10-05-2008, 01:29 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,383,417 times
florida is a hell of a lot better than ole miss, and USC is better than oregon state, but that's why they play the games!

Quote:

Texas' defense is nowhere near the level of OU, nor is their running game, but in this game you can throw out all of the Xs and Os.

However, if I were a betting man, I'd lay money on OU to put texas where they belong (not in the top 5).

Old 10-05-2008, 03:04 PM

2,948 posts, read 4,570,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Penn State. 5-0 #6 in the nation. Don't worry, we will blow it against OSU and Michigan...like we always do, and settle for the Outback Bowl.
Hoboken, I'm a Michigan fan, and if you guys lose to us at home this year you should just pack in the PSU program, period. Michigan is awful this year, although I was lucky enough to be in attendance for that great win over Wisconsin.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:24 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,683,342 times
Quote:

PLEASE, Texas isnt a top 5 team? Is this a serious comment? How about Colt McCoy is a better QB than Bradford, I have stats to back that up.

Our running game isn't as good as OU, how about Texas has the 27th ranked rushing offense to OU's 40th. Our Pass D isnt great no, but we have the 3rd ranked run defense in the nation and are ranked 4th in defensive scoring. Am I worried about OU's passing game yea, but we lead the nation in defensive sacks.

So it looks like Statistics show Texas is a pretty good team, maybe if we played Chattanooga we'd be even better.If you average out the teams they have played so far OU's opponets average is 64 and Texas is 70 so theres a pretty big gap there isnt it . I mean we know OU is unstoppable, ask West Virgina and Boise St. Oh wait, didnt they beat OU.

Last edited by Packersnut21; 10-05-2008 at 03:37 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,866,273 times
So youre bringing up OU's losses from 2 seasons ago???

How bout OU kind of spanked UT last year. Oh yeah and we SMOKED Mizzou twice as well. WV, we were missing HALF of our defensive starters.
Last I checked UT hasnt won the BIGXII conference THE LAST THREE YEARS in a row!!! The Sooners have.
When was the last time they were in a BCS game, oh I know it was 3 years ago.

Bradfords stats 204.97 rating 1665 yards 18 tds

Mccoys Stats 197.94 rating 1280 yards 16 tds

And youre saying McCoys stats are better??!! Doesnt look like it.

We didnt schedule chatt, They were a last minute replacement when another team backed out.
Fla Atlantic, now there is a winner!!
Oh and Rice too, Tulsa just put more points on them than you guys!!!

And over the last 30 years the RRR is right at even wins between the two teams.

Stoops Vs. Mack Brown MUCH different story. Stoops is 8-2, nows thats pwned!

OU 35, UT 17.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-05-2008 at 06:20 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,421,935 times
Yeah, but who would want to go to Oklahoma?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or