U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2008, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,860,325 times
Reputation: 2333

Advertisements

North Carolina at 4-1 with solid wins against Miami and UConn. Looking much better than usual, give us a couple of more years and we'll be up there! Go 'Heels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2008, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,680,422 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So youre bringing up OU's losses from 2 seasons ago???

How bout OU kind of spanked UT last year. Oh yeah and we SMOKED Mizzou twice as well. WV, we were missing HALF of our defensive starters.
Last I checked UT hasnt won the BIGXII conference THE LAST THREE YEARS in a row!!! The Sooners have.
When was the last time they were in a BCS game, oh I know it was 3 years ago.


Bradfords stats 204.97 rating 1665 yards 18 tds


Mccoys Stats 197.94 rating 1280 yards 16 tds

And youre saying McCoys stats are better??!! Doesnt look like it.

We didnt schedule chatt, They were a last minute replacement when another team backed out.
Fla Atlantic, now there is a winner!!
Oh and Rice too, Tulsa just put more points on them than you guys!!!

And over the last 30 years the RRR is right at even wins between the two teams.

Stoops Vs. Mack Brown MUCH different story. Stoops is 8-2, nows thats pwned!


OU 35, UT 17.

Boomer Sooner
HAHAHAH

I didn't realize winning by 7 points was spanking a team, though I guess when you guys play good teams thats good enough for you.

Heres you argument. We were in a BCS game. Well I would hope we wouldn't lose like oh say OU did to West Virgina, Boise St. Real Power houses right there. Oh but you were missing starters, got anymore excuses?

Maybe read something and see FAU was a BOWL TEAM last year, who did Chattanooga play in their bowl game? Not only that Chattanooga is a 1-5 D1AA team. Georgia Southern put up 52 on them this past week, but hey you guys beat them good.

Well again since the RRR stared Texas is up 57-40 so 30 years, who cares all time YOU LOSE, just like a BCS game.


I laugh at the Blowford stats, because amazing you would leave out Colt having 317 yards rushing and 4 TD's. While Blowford -23 yards rushing this year.

Texas 38 Crybaby U 28


Last edited by Packersnut21; 10-05-2008 at 07:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
.

We were in a BCS game.

It's pointless arguing with a shortwhorn fan who thinks the Holiday Bowl is a BCS Bowl game.

I'll be back next Monday.
Good luck in Dallas, I really don't mean it though.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-06-2008 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,680,422 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
It's pointless arguing with a shortwhorn fan who thinks the Holiday Bowl is a BCS Bowl game.

I'll be back next Monday.
Good luck in Dallas, I really don't mean it though.
Ahh a Typical OU fan, has trouble reading. Maybe if you read the sentence where it says:

Quote:
Heres you argument. We were in a BCS game.
Meaning YOU were in the game. I mean I know it doesn't take much to go to OU but you'd think they would teach you English. Also showing the class OU fans are famous for, or lack there of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Ahh a Typical OU fan, has trouble reading. Maybe if you read the sentence where it says:



Meaning YOU were in the game. I mean I know it doesn't take much to go to OU but you'd think they would teach you English. Also showing the class OU fans are famous for, or lack there of.
wow!! "here's you argument". Ummm yeah, I'm the one who can't speak english, thats not even a sentence, how was I supposed to understand that?

I haven't called you any names or used personal attacks like you have, yet you say I'm showing no class.

Fact, OU has beat UT 8 of the last 10 times.

What I don't get is why you have such a hard on for UT living in Ky and all.

Later on packernut

You related to this guy? Maybe it's you!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxZ6QcrZDw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,680,422 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
wow!! "here's you argument". Ummm yeah, I'm the one who can't speak english, thats not even a sentence, how was I supposed to understand that?

I haven't called you any names or used personal attacks like you have, yet you say I'm showing no class.

Fact, OU has beat UT 8 of the last 10 times.

What I don't get is why you have such a hard on for UT living in Ky and all.

Later on packernut

You related to this guy? Maybe it's you!


YouTube - Longhorn Bum
Okay I'm not going to bring this down, Im not trying to pick a fight or come off as an a-hole. This is a rivalry and I look forward to seeing a good game on Saturday.

I get the how are you a fan of such a team when you live in Kentucky. I am in the military so Im not from KY. I lived in Texas for a bit went to a UT game and got hooked.

Oh and while I have the shirt that guy wore in the video my hair is a bit shorter and all of my teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
397 posts, read 1,162,990 times
Reputation: 198
The Utah State Aggies are a spectacular 1-4, with their only win coming against similarly 1-4 Idaho. To be fair, they've had to play Oregon, Utah, and BYU all in their first 5 games. The only other non-ranked team they've played is UNLV, which they barely lost to. And they actually hung with BYU pretty well in the second half, actually outscoring them after the first quarter.

My other team is Utah which, of course, is undefeated (if just barely) and at #14. I couldn't care less about BYU but I am at least happy for their success.

I'm not really big into college football. The NFL is where it's at.

The rankings are where they were at the time. The lowly WAC team has had to play 3 ranked teams in their first 5 games. Brutal!

Week 1: @UNLV, lost 17-27
Week 2: @Oregon (#18), lost 24-66
Week 3: vs. Utah (#22), lost 10-58
Week 4: vs. Idaho, won 42-17
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: vs. BYU (#8), lost 14-34
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 AM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,418,560 times
Reputation: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
wow!! "here's you argument". Ummm yeah, I'm the one who can't speak english, thats not even a sentence, how was I supposed to understand that?

I haven't called you any names or used personal attacks like you have, yet you say I'm showing no class.

Fact, OU has beat UT 8 of the last 10 times.

What I don't get is why you have such a hard on for UT living in Ky and all.

Later on packernut

You related to this guy? Maybe it's you!


YouTube - Longhorn Bum
Like most fans of top teams (UMich, ND, UT, etc.), he didn't go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,860,325 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Like most fans of top teams (UMich, ND, UT, etc.), he didn't go there.
haha..haha..haha...haha...haha... GREAT ONE! At least he is not telling anyone what team and who to root for and how to do it, and how a true fan is supposed to act unlike previous NFL Threads!! You deserve REP points for this!

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 10-07-2008 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,152,748 times
Reputation: 1373
ILLINOIS: sitting pretty after giving the Michigan Wolverines their worst beat down since 1991. Juice Williams set the Michigan Stadium record for most yards by a player...for any team, home or away. Illinois won 45-20.

Illinois should be ranked over Wisconsin which is also 3-2. Wisconsin lost to #11 Ohio State and then they lost to Michigan! Meanwhile, the 3-2 Illini DOMINATED the Wolverines and their two losses have come from #2 Mizzou (in St. Louis) and #6 Penn State (in Happy Valley).

As it stands, Illinois has two quality losses and is still in fine standing when it comes to BCS rankings (#13 and in line for a quality bowl).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top