U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,565,065 times
Reputation: 5566

Advertisements

I miss the Nebraska/OU rivalry as well, and to answer the question, it hurt a lot during those lean years.

Nebraska will get it turned around. If I weren't an OU fan, I'd probably be a Cornhusker fan.

Cornhusker fans are some of the best on the planet, outside of OU of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Central Nebraska
1,821 posts, read 4,641,636 times
Reputation: 5065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I miss the Nebraska/OU rivalry as well, and to answer the question, it hurt a lot during those lean years.

Nebraska will get it turned around. If I weren't an OU fan, I'd probably be a Cornhusker fan.

Cornhusker fans are some of the best on the planet, outside of OU of course.
That is part of what made the rivarly so great. Yes, we wanted to beat each other into the ground, but each had a great respect for each other. Each fan base wanted the other to do well, except when we played each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,474,122 times
Reputation: 8164
I like the Wisconson Badgers , but after they "blew it" at the end of last night's game, the chants--"over rated" --"over rated" ---came to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 AM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,072 posts, read 1,834,151 times
Reputation: 928
Thumbs down Nothing is "OVERRATED" about Rutgers

Rutgers' Schiano "overestimated" team's talent, says he hasn't coached well enough - Rutgers University Foootball - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,410,965 times
Reputation: 857
Rutgers is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 AM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,072 posts, read 1,834,151 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Rutgers is a joke.
I agree with you, and it looks like one time wonder, this is a good link what's wrong with Rutgers NorthJersey.com: Rutgers is not must-see TV (http://www.northjersey.com/collegesports/rutgers/30553474.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,410,965 times
Reputation: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
I agree with you, and it looks like one time wonder, this is a good link what's wrong with Rutgers NorthJersey.com: Rutgers is not must-see TV (http://www.northjersey.com/collegesports/rutgers/30553474.html - broken link)
I'd love to take on Rutgers right now. No Ray Rice. Teel has been garbage. Ito is gone. For whatever reason they don't pass to Tiquan Underwood as much as last year. I think our D could shut them down (although they probably could run on us).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 PM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,072 posts, read 1,834,151 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
I'd love to take on Rutgers right now. No Ray Rice. Teel has been garbage. Ito is gone. For whatever reason they don't pass to Tiquan Underwood as much as last year. I think our D could shut them down (although they probably could run on us).
Rutgers can beat Temple any time, by the way last time it was in 2004 by the score of 16-6. No Ray Rice - but both Jourdan Brooks and Mason Robinson can run the game. Ito is gone - we got San San Te and after first game he is doing fine. Don't pass to Tiquan Underwood - we got Kenny Britt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,410,965 times
Reputation: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
Rutgers can beat Temple any time, by the way last time it was in 2004 by the score of 16-6. No Ray Rice - but both Jourdan Brooks and Mason Robinson can run the game. Ito is gone - we got San San Te and after first game he is doing fine. Don't pass to Tiquan Underwood - we got Kenny Britt.
Well maybe last year and years previous, but they look terrible this year, and our D is fantastic. idk why you wouldn't pass to Underwood--he's a pretty damn good WR. Also, beating us by 10 in 2004 isn't very impressive, considering we were 2-9 and one of the worst teams in the country. We're no longer in that category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,565,065 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
That is part of what made the rivarly so great. Yes, we wanted to beat each other into the ground, but each had a great respect for each other. Each fan base wanted the other to do well, except when we played each other.
Let's petition the return of the Big EIGHT tpabes!

I've never really liked the whole Big XII thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top