U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,355,686 times
Reputation: 835

Advertisements

why should USC be ahead of georgia? georgia beat up arizona state in arizona. USC beat them at USC. ohio state can't help the fact that they suck. the problem is that they were undefeated two years ago, and they were a 1 loss team last year. they are in a major conference, so they had to be voted in. you can't make the argument that the big 12 belonged in the NC game. they got smoked by the big east and the WAC. isn't hawaii in the WAC? georgia destroyed them. the WAC shouldn't even hang with a good team. boise was destroying oklahoma for a while before having to come from behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You say the SEC has doing its business in the NC game. Well when you play an Ohio St team that doesn't belong there I would hope you would win.

You fail to take in account that despite teams losing other teams win so why wouldn't a team with no losses jump a team with one loss. In today's AP poll here is 1-10

1) Texas
2) Bama
3) Penn St
4) Oklahoma
5) Florida
6) USC
7) Texas Tech
8) Ok St
9) BYU
10) Georgia


So why should Georgia be ahead of Ok. st who is undefeated and knocked off the # 3 in the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2008, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,106 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
why should USC be ahead of georgia? georgia beat up arizona state in arizona. USC beat them at USC. ohio state can't help the fact that they suck. the problem is that they were undefeated two years ago, and they were a 1 loss team last year. they are in a major conference, so they had to be voted in. you can't make the argument that the big 12 belonged in the NC game. they got smoked by the big east and the WAC. isn't hawaii in the WAC? georgia destroyed them. the WAC shouldn't even hang with a good team. boise was destroying oklahoma for a while before having to come from behind.
USC lost by 6 on the road. Georgia was down 31-0 at the half at home, the game wasn't even close. Mizzu beat Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl last year 38-7 and Arkansas had McFadden. Just because Oklahoma stunk in two whole games doesn't mean 1) they are a bad team and 2) the conference as a whole stinks. Lets talk about this year, and look at common opponents again. Auburn played Arkansas and lost at home. Texas played them and won 52-10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,943,432 times
Reputation: 18050
Yes the big twelve has defenses but they have really good offenses this year with alot of speed. Texas is a very young team but very dangerous as they have so many really good players coming into their own.Look at what Texas did to Missouri and no one has really stopped their offense. Texas actually stopped them more than all other teams combined in three quarters. Then they substituted.The Texas offense speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 02:08 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,819,189 times
Reputation: 1324
I like to watch Big XII games nearly the most because you always know thats its going to be an entertaining game with plenty of points. Would rather watch that sort of game than a dull defensive game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,355,686 times
Reputation: 835
oh, you mean like the mississippi state auburn game? what's wrong with 3-2? I usually like the SEC games because they are close and come down to the wire. LSU's two losses last year were in triple overtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I like to watch Big XII games nearly the most because you always know thats its going to be an entertaining game with plenty of points. Would rather watch that sort of game than a dull defensive game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,106 times
Reputation: 1024
Texas does have a solid defensive line with Orakpo leading the way. Our secondary is young but has talent. I would LOVE to see a Big XII offense go up against an SEC defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,355,686 times
Reputation: 835
you and me both. we may or may not see it. remember how crazy last year was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Texas does have a solid defensive line with Orakpo leading the way. Our secondary is young but has talent. I would LOVE to see a Big XII offense go up against an SEC defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2008, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,355,686 times
Reputation: 835
as I look at the scores around the big 12, it is obvious that yet again, no defense is being played. 55-28 at halftime of the oklahoma game. what the hell? the strangest thing is that texas tech seems to be playing the best defense, and historically they have not done that. I wonder if the texas vs. oklahoma state game will be a shootout. it makes for entertaining football I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Reputation: 5566
I'd much rather see a high-scoring game than a boring, low scoring, defensive game. The Big XII has superior offenses this year. It's not that their defenses are horrible, they just have fantastic offensive teams. I like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,355,686 times
Reputation: 835
defense wins championships. look at when oklahoma won it all. they held florida state to what? 2 points? texas won the shootout with USC, but that USC team wasn't all they were cracked up to be. freaking penn state. I just have to hope that those teams in front of the gators lose. we play two of them in georgia and if we make the SEC championship game, alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'd much rather see a high-scoring game than a boring, low scoring, defensive game. The Big XII has superior offenses this year. It's not that their defenses are horrible, they just have fantastic offensive teams. I like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top