U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,137,665 times

Advertisements

they all seem fine. i actually like Wyoming's and Florida A & M's colors wouldn't work in any other state but they are actually perfect for Florida. Kind of a cross between the Marlins and the Hurricanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,009,323 times
I'm surprised that there are no NCAA standards that standardize the turf. Boise State is in camouflage with that turf and blue uniforms.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 AM

446 posts, read 1,225,157 times
ANY football uniform with one color only. Iowa Straight used to have home unfiroms in solid cimson from head to toe. Just aweful. Good thing they have pathetic teams so no one has to watch them on t.v. Missouri would sometimes have home unfiroms in solid black. Equally stupid. Uni-color uniforms look uncool, high-schoolish, and makes it look like the team is wearing pajamas.

In Missouri's case, the all-back look comes at the expense of their traditional home colors; bronze paints, black jersey with bronze/yellow trim, and black helmets with bronze/gold/white trim. It's one of the coolest uniforms in all of football.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM

904 posts, read 2,591,020 times
I hate the trend of monocramatic uniforms. White pants/white jersey. black pants/ black jersey, etc. Can't we just go back to white jersey/ team colored pants etc? It looks so much better. Oh, and I hate the trend of every school, regardless of team colors wearing black. I mean Duke's basketball team has black jerseys! IT IS NOT YOUR TEAM'S COLOR! Drives me crazy!

I hate Oregan's jerseys the most. What are those yellow lines on the sholders? It reminds me of kids no-slip socks.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:14 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
I hate the trend of monocramatic uniforms. White pants/white jersey. black pants/ black jersey, etc. Can't we just go back to white jersey/ team colored pants etc? It looks so much better. Oh, and I hate the trend of every school, regardless of team colors wearing black. I mean Duke's basketball team has black jerseys! IT IS NOT YOUR TEAM'S COLOR! Drives me crazy!

I hate Oregan's jerseys the most. What are those yellow lines on the sholders? It reminds me of kids no-slip socks.
Yeah, I hate Oregan's too.

But, I like Oregon's.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post

I think adding black is ok... if you do it right. I like Georgia and TCU's black uniforms. And Duke's black basketball jerseys are cool too, because it's mixed with blue. Ya can't go wrong with Black and blue.

BTW, here are the color combos I think are the best you can have...

-Red/white/blue
-Black/blue
-Black/silver
-blue/silver
-Red (crimson or scarlet)/silver
-Blue/gold
-Red/yellow
-Dark green/silver
-Dark purple/black
-purple/gold

....and the color combos that will only work when done right....

-brown/orange
-green/orange
-purple/gold
-Seattle Seahawk blue/silver

Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,236,007 times
unlvs are ugly, something out of pop warner, fisher price i got my first football jersey!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:07 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
I duno why everyone thinks UNLV's uniforms r ugly, I've seen way worse than this

Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM

4,937 posts, read 5,240,354 times
USC's uniform is putrid...

Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
USC's uniform is putrid...
you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football