U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,292 times
Reputation: 923

Advertisements

Rutgers football routs No. 17 Pittsburgh, 54-34 - Rutgers University Foootball - NJ.com
Last time Rutgers took care of the ranked team on the road was in 1988 against Penn State ??? !!!
The game to-day was not even on TV ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,218 posts, read 8,233,397 times
Reputation: 4910
Penn State beats Ohio State 13-6. I missed most of it though, was pre-occupied with a hockey game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2008, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324
Well Kaepernick for Nevada just scored a 60yard rushing TD. 7-7 against Hawaii.

Something I didnt know that he runs a 4.5 40 for a 6'6 QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324
God Damn this is frustrating football, I'm ready to throw something if things don't turn around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324
We must have the most pathetic pass defense I've ever seen. Lost 38-31 vs Hawaii.

Once again Kaepernick putting up good numbers
14/28 173 2TD's and 18att 139yards 1TD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
Reputation: 835
going to be some shuffling in the top 10. I personally think that oklahoma and USC should drop. USC barely beat a team that lost to new mexico and stanford. oklahoma's defense SUCKS. they are giving up more than 21 points a game and that stat is padded by the week 1 game against chattanooga. they've given up 35, 31, and 35 in their last 3 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Status: "Enjoying the extended daylight." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,820 posts, read 37,004,105 times
Reputation: 28335
Texas really pulled this one out after a scare from a good OSU team, and we got the win. Now, it's time for the Horns to go to Lubbock next weekend. It won't be easy.

Hook 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 12:59 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
going to be some shuffling in the top 10. I personally think that oklahoma and USC should drop. USC barely beat a team that lost to new mexico and stanford. oklahoma's defense SUCKS. they are giving up more than 21 points a game and that stat is padded by the week 1 game against chattanooga. they've given up 35, 31, and 35 in their last 3 games.
OU's only loss is to #1 Texas, they have thrashed everyone else, regardless of their defense. Maybe I'd move TT up to 4th or maybe even third. It doesnt matter though because OU play TT and OSU. It will work itself out.

USC has a horrible loss along with UF. Sucks but that is the truth. I would expect OU to drop out of the top 10 if we had either one those losses but until OU loses again ( which they won't) they are a top 5 team without a doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
Reputation: 835
well they gave up 550 yards to a horrible team. not impressed. USC had a much worse loss than florida. at least ole miss is .500 and at least statistically the gators dominated. fluke loss that woke them up from their offensive slumber. now they are dominating. here is my biggest problem with oklahoma. they could sneak in the back door without even winning their conference. hell, without even winning the division within their conference. I don't think that conference losers deserve a shot at the NC. we faced this with florida and michigan a couple years back. the BCS made the right choice then, and they would make the right choice this year.

it will never work itself out. they need a playoff system in the worst way. it would make the regular season less intense, but would pay off in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
OU's only loss is to #1 Texas, they have thrashed everyone else, regardless of their defense. Maybe I'd move TT up to 4th or maybe even third. It doesnt matter though because OU play TT and OSU. It will work itself out.

USC has a horrible loss along with UF. Sucks but that is the truth. I would expect OU to drop out of the top 10 if we had either one those losses but until OU loses again ( which they won't) they are a top 5 team without a doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
Reputation: 835
how did you end up a nevada fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
We must have the most pathetic pass defense I've ever seen. Lost 38-31 vs Hawaii.

Once again Kaepernick putting up good numbers
14/28 173 2TD's and 18att 139yards 1TD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top