U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:23 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
how did you end up a nevada fan?
I don't know really, I just the like area they are situated in, Northern Nevada, and then I found out that they had a college team (this was a few years ago), then last year I went and visited the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 03:46 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
well that's a better reason than I have for supporting the gators! my dad visited gainesville 22 years ago and bought me a gators t-shirt! been a fan ever since! good luck to the wolfpack. you actually have me rooting for them now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I don't know really, I just the like area they are situated in, Northern Nevada, and then I found out that they had a college team (this was a few years ago), then last year I went and visited the area.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
well they gave up 550 yards to a horrible team. not impressed. they could sneak in the back door without even winning their conference. hell, without even winning the division within their conference. I don't think that conference losers deserve a shot at the NC.
it will never work itself out. they need a playoff system in the worst way. it would make the regular season less intense, but would pay off in the long run.
I wouldnt call K-state a Horrible team, they are 4-4 now. OU still Killed them, so whatever.

Your scenario about OU vs Texas for the NC is unlikely. But if you have Texas unbeaten, Bama, Penn State, USC, and OU with each one loss. OU will still have the toughest loss, you can't argue that, I would say they deserve a shot at the NC, if that were the case.

Here's my scenario; Tech beats Texas, we beat beat Tech with Tech winning every other game (besides OU), OU wins the BigXII CG, and plays Penn State for NC. Bama has to slip up, otherwise we sit in third (most likely)
Sound good?? Sounds good to me!!

I agree wholeheartedly about a 16 team playoff. It would dominate all sporting events. Until then we are stuck with this.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:34 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Quote:
well that's a better reason than I have for supporting the gators! my dad visited gainesville 22 years ago and bought me a gators t-shirt! been a fan ever since! good luck to the wolfpack. you actually have me rooting for them now!

it's kind of cool seeing how everyone became a fan of their team. Not everyone is a fan of a school they went to or in a city they live in. It's funny that one thing can make you become such a die hard for a team.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
, we all have our reasons to support our team. Good luck to the Gators as well, alot of talent on that team.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:14 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
if I may use the six degrees of separation for a moment. k-state put up 550 yards and 35 points on oklahoma. k-state lost to louisville. louisville got destroyed by kentucky. kentucky lost 63-5 to florida. they would never put oklahoma vs. texas for the NC. it would be the same scenario as michigan vs. ohio state a couple years ago. one team was not a conference champ, and honestly, people didn't want to see the game. I think it will be texas vs. penn state which is total BS. unless texas slips up. I don't think oklahoma has a shot without winning the big 12. winning that championship game does wonders for BCS standings! how about this for a scenario. everyone loses a couple of times and ball state plays for the NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I wouldnt call K-state a Horrible team, they are 4-4 now. OU still Killed them, so whatever.

Your scenario about OU vs Texas for the NC is unlikely. But if you have Texas unbeaten, Bama, Penn State, USC, and OU with each one loss. OU will still have the toughest loss, you can't argue that, I would say they deserve a shot at the NC, if that were the case.

Here's my scenario; Tech beats Texas, we beat beat Tech with Tech winning every other game (besides OU), OU wins the BigXII CG, and plays Penn State for NC. Bama has to slip up, otherwise we sit in third (most likely)

I agree wholeheartedly about a 16 team playoff. It would dominate all sporting events. Until then we are stuck with this.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,453,739 times
Texas vs Texas Tech looks to be a "dandy" of a match up.

I hope the game is as exciting as the match up on paper makes it appear.

We shall see

Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Texas vs Texas Tech looks to be a "dandy" of a match up.

I hope the game is as exciting as the match up on paper makes it appear.

We shall see
Should be one very high scoring game hopefully.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,796,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Who's going to beat Penn State? Who's going to beat Bama? How does OU win the big 12 championship without Texas dropping two games? Texas beat OU heads up, so if they drop to Tech, they still would get in over OU.

That being said, I believe the UT, TT, OSU, OK, and MO could beat the top team in any conference. The Big XII is clearly the dominant conference in the land.

Raiders football baby. Just throw it to Crabtree.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 PM

43,548 posts, read 52,647,623 times
'Tech beats Texas'? On what planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football