Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:46 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times

Advertisements

Man we're into week 9 already, sure doesn't seem like it.

Anyway theres a potential BCS buster in play tonight with #12Boise State visiting San Jose State. This is one of a few tough road games for Boise State in which really test them.

So far it is 20-6 to BSU with 1.01 togo to halftime with SJSU with the ball on their own 49. A score before halftime is a must I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,279,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Man we're into week 9 already, sure doesn't seem like it.

Anyway theres a potential BCS buster in play tonight with #12Boise State visiting San Jose State. This is one of a few tough road games for Boise State in which really test them.

So far it is 20-6 to BSU with 1.01 togo to halftime with SJSU with the ball on their own 49. A score before halftime is a must I feel.
I was watching the game and though the same thing, it's already week nine man.

There was a pretty cool play when Boise when for the 2 point. It didn't work but the pass deflected back only to complete the pass in the end zone.

I cant wait for Saturday. Texas has another tough game. I hope Ohio St beats Penn St.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I was watching the game and though the same thing, it's already week nine man.

There was a pretty cool play when Boise when for the 2 point. It didn't work but the pass deflected back only to complete the pass in the end zone.

I cant wait for Saturday. Texas has another tough game. I hope Ohio St beats Penn St.
Lol im relying on good ole ESPN gametracker to see me through this one.

I'm hoping Ohio St win as well, picked them in the Yahoo College Pick em. One thing what worries me about Ohio State is their offense. Stats wise it looked absolutley terrible. Still though I'll pick Ohio State.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:59 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Three great games right off the bat...

Texas vs OK State
Penn St vs Ohio St
Alabama vs Ten

Not to mention there are other big conference battles going on in each conference which will make for crazy exciting football today. Dagnabit! I'm at work!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:19 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,147,960 times
I hope Penn State wins.

If the Big 12 and SEC schools beat each other in their own conferences, a Penn State-USC championship game could evolve.

(I , personally, would like to see it se an SEC school in the championship, though )

Old 10-25-2008, 07:24 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,823,277 times
HAHA! gametracker is all too familiar to me. a suggestion for you. this is what I do for the gator games that aren't nationally televised. I listen to the game on the radio online. it's nice to at least have the sound. plus the guy who announces the gator games on the radio is WAY more exciting than TV announcers. I know your wolfpack has some good multimedia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Lol im relying on good ole ESPN gametracker to see me through this one.

I'm hoping Ohio St win as well, picked them in the Yahoo College Pick em. One thing what worries me about Ohio State is their offense. Stats wise it looked absolutley terrible. Still though I'll pick Ohio State.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,589,673 times
Hope Texas OSU lives up to it. I hate both teams, today I root for the Pokes.

I'm praying that Penn State loses (today or any other day), I think OSU offense is alot better than early in the season, Terrelle Pryor is good and without Well's in there it wasn't much.

I think Ohio State is going to hammer them by at least 14 points, tough place to play.

Don't forget about the rematch of last year's C-USA CG. Sunday night, ESPN, Tulsa vs UCF!!!
The crowd should show up and Tulsa will get revenge for last year's beatdown they took in Orlando.
Look for the nations highest scoring offense to score more than 50 for the 6th time this year!
Golden Hurricane!

Great weekend for College Football!!!

Oh yeah, Sooners over K-State 63-14

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-25-2008 at 09:36 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,279,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
HAHA! gametracker is all too familiar to me. a suggestion for you. this is what I do for the gator games that aren't nationally televised. I listen to the game on the radio online. it's nice to at least have the sound. plus the guy who announces the gator games on the radio is WAY more exciting than TV announcers. I know your wolfpack has some good multimedia!
It depends on your cable provider and I am not a sales person but ESPN 360 has live games you can watch on the internet and catch replays.

I am looking forward to Florida smashing Kentucky

LSU Georgia should be a good one. Can Georgia put up points on an good looking LSU defense.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 AM

my cable provider doesn't freaking carry espn 360. I listen online.

go gators. they made that LSU defense look pretty soft to the tune of 265 yards rushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
It depends on your cable provider and I am not a sales person but ESPN 360 has live games you can watch on the internet and catch replays.

I am looking forward to Florida smashing Kentucky

LSU Georgia should be a good one. Can Georgia put up points on an good looking LSU defense.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:01 AM

the gators have 2 blocked punts in 5 minutes. how in the hell did they lose to ole miss. ugh. they are clicking on all cylinders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football