U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 05:20 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,540,797 times

Advertisements

Nebraska vs Oklahoma this Saturday. Although this game is not one where both teams are highly ranked, I absolutely love it when these two teams play; it brings back great memories of watching them slug it out on Thanksgiving back when I was a kid.

I'm a Sooner fan, but I have nothing but respect for the Nebraska football program and hope that they return to greatness under Pelini.

Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry finds respect again - College Football - Rivals.com (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-nebraska-oklahoma&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,637,968 times
As a Husker fan, thanks Synopsis. Hopefully we can get back and meet in some Big 12 championship games the years we don't play. I hope we can give you battle this weekend, but you guys clearly have a superior team. I think its great what Oklahoma is doing with the "Game of the Century" teams!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 AM

634 posts, read 2,327,818 times
If we win tomorrow, can we still throw oranges on the field like in the 80's! (I know we can't, just brings back some good memories). The wishbone offense, Osborne and Switzer, total respect for each team.

Sure wish I could be in Norman tomorrow, but I'll driving east headed back to OK during the game. Hopefully, I can get it on my satellite radio.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
As a Husker fan, thanks Synopsis. Hopefully we can get back and meet in some Big 12 championship games the years we don't play. I hope we can give you battle this weekend, but you guys clearly have a superior team. I think its great what Oklahoma is doing with the "Game of the Century" teams!
The Huskers are one of my favorite college football teams, even though we were rivals. Mainly, it has been because of you guys, the fans of the Huskers.

Knowledgeable of the game, and just good Nebraska folks.

I actually hope this is a good game. Of course I hope Oklahoma wins but I would not mind seeing a tight game at all because I think it would boost the Husker program.

In today's college football, who knows? As in pro football's "any given Sunday," in today's version of college football it's "any given Saturday."

I don't take any game for granted and I believe the Huskers have a SOLID coach in Pelini.

Here's to no injuries and a clean game!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,383,837 times
This is one of my favorite games to watch

I went to PSU, but nebraska was always my team

I want them to bring back the option, it was so cool to watch

My favorite play from the series was Eric Crouch catching a pass and running it in, as opposed to just running, or throwing it, what do you call that play?

How come Nebraska and Miami do not have an annual game, I mean they played each other five times for the Championship, has anyone ever done that many?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 AM

I was trying to think, has there been such a big rivarly that has (for lack of a better term) gone by the wayside. Texas vs Arkansas maybe?

Enjoy the game today guys, to be honest I kinda wish its wasn't during Texas vs Texas Tech so I could watch that too. Guess I'll just peek at the bottom line during the game.

NJ, Nebraska and Miami actually have a series lined up for 2014-2015!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:33 PM

From my perspective, ouch! Guess that was payback for 97. Can't give up 3 turnovers on your first 5 plays. You got a heck of a team. Good luck the rest of the season!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM

16,523 posts, read 20,969,751 times
Everytime I think of the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry, I think of 1971. One of the great games ever, Nebraska 35, Oklahoma 31. And the final college poll; 1. Nebraska 2. Oklahoma 3. Colorado, and Iowa State finished in the top 15 as well with a 7-3 record. That's domination!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Everytime I think of the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry, I think of 1971. One of the great games ever, Nebraska 35, Oklahoma 31. And the final college poll; 1. Nebraska 2. Oklahoma 3. Colorado, and Iowa State finished in the top 15 as well with a 7-3 record. That's domination!
Yeah, me too. Husker fans are classy folks. I really think Coach Osborne should be named the coach of the century. He was the Tom Landry of college football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football