U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Michigan is my favorite helmet. 2nd place isn't even close.
Can you explain this monstrosity?

Sun Devil Alum Designs New Football Uniforms: House Of Sparky Exclusive - House Of Sparky

I hope ASU isn't going to go all Oregon on us. I love their current "Sparky" helmets. Easily, one of the best in the Pac-10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:46 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
I prefer simple...Colts, Cowboys, Vikings, Giants, Titans, 49'ers, Lions, Chiefs, Bears, Packers etc. Not a big fan of busy helmets or ugly color schemes like Bills, Bengals, Texans, Jaguars, Tampa Bay or the Broncos who've never had a nice helmet. The previous Patriots helmet was one of the all-time worst.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:52 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,434,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

Sun Devil Alum Designs New Football Uniforms: House Of Sparky Exclusive - House Of Sparky

I hope ASU isn't going to go all Oregon on us. I love their current "Sparky" helmets. Easily, one of the best in the Pac-10.
He's a fellow alum, so I will just thank him for his effort. It's too busy for my tastes. I like the unis from 1997...with the RoseBowl Patch.

I love our helmets...but I'm a homer. IF they want to switch stuff up, I'd like to see more maroon on maroon.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 AM

3,451 posts, read 8,153,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

Arizona State's uniforms and especially their helmets have been my favorites in college Division I-A football for a long time, and I have no connection to Arizona State. They'd be stupid to change their helmets or especially their logo.

http://www.mghelmets.com/helmets/NCAA/pac%2010/arizona-state.gif (broken link)

Old 07-19-2010, 07:25 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Hawaii has the best helmet in college football... Michigan is 2nd, on doubt. The wolverine is very distinctive and original. I like Virginia Tech's also but its a distant 3rd.

The steelers have the best in pro football... followed by the Saints and Raiders....

Old 07-21-2010, 08:16 PM

13,220 posts, read 17,960,186 times
I hate the Cowboys, but their helmet is about as straightforward as a helmet can get.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Looks like a turd to me...I like the Michigan helmet though...shouldn't have overlooked the obvious.
Minnesota Gopher fan here, but I like the Michigan helmet and Michigan fight song.

( regarding helmets) ......If I'm switching channels or going thru the Sunday sport page, one glance of a helmet and you know it's Michigan.

The posted picture should have shown the back or top of the helmet.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM

355 posts, read 789,463 times
colts because its home town team

i also like simple, cowboys with the star, steelers.....

though i like the bengals cause of the colors.

college, oregeon has by far the best jerseys, helmets in college, probably because they almost never wear the same thing twice.

i like ohio st helmets, the stars are cool

Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsheely View Post
colts because its home town team

i also like simple, cowboys with the star, steelers.....

though i like the bengals cause of the colors.

college, oregeon has by far the best jerseys, helmets in college, probably because they almost never wear the same thing twice.

i like ohio st helmets, the stars are cool
Everbody is different.

I despise those stupid stars on Ohio State helmets. Football is a team sport.

Save those awards til after the season.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:43 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,003 times
FWIW, those are not stars on OSU's helmets (but they do resemble stars). They are actually Buckeye leaves.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football