U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
SEC is the best conference in football.. It's not even close.
Another homer I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
the homers are all over these threads. I said that we won't know who the best conference is until all the bowl games are played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Another homer I see.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:16 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,232,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the homers are all over these threads. I said that we won't know who the best conference is until all the bowl games are played.
Agreed, we don't know until it's over. The SEC has been the best conference the last two years (2 NC and 4-0 in BCS games), but we won't know who the best conference is this year until we are able to look back on each conferences complete body of work...well, except for the Big East, we can rule them out

Old 11-09-2008, 02:22 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,786 times
Quote:
Hmmm yeah true. Homers like the person who make the orignal quote I quoted are real homers who don't look past their team.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:27 PM

who knows. maybe cincinnatti, WVU, Uconn, and the others go on to dominate in their bowl games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Agreed, we don't know until it's over. The SEC has been the best conference the last two years (2 NC and 4-0 in BCS games), but we won't know who the best conference is this year until we are able to look back on each conferences complete body of work...well, except for the Big East, we can rule them out

Old 11-09-2008, 02:36 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
It could still be FU vs State Penn..... in a nightmare scenario.

Big XII South champ doesn't win CCG (giving them 2 losses).

USC doesn't win the Pac 10.

Unlikely, but it could happen!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:41 PM

if those scenarios happened, I think an undefeated utah or boise team would have a strong argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
It could still be FU vs State Penn..... in a nightmare scenario.

Big XII South champ doesn't win CCG (giving them 2 losses).

USC doesn't win the Pac 10.

Unlikely, but it could happen!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:52 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,362,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
You heard it here first.
It will be Florida vs Texas

Old 11-09-2008, 02:53 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,232,303 times
Quote:
if those scenarios happened, I think an undefeated utah or boise team would have a strong argument.
Mizzou could really mess things up for the Big XII this year if they can pull the championship upset. I think their best shot would be a shootout with Tech.

USC is pretty damn good this year but they have a habit of dropping a gimme game or two every year.

I still have a hard time believing that Boise State or Utah can compete on a weekly basis. Their best bet would be to go to a BCS against the Big East so they can collect the cash and keep the mid-major talk going for another season.

My money is still on SEC vs. Big XII, with USC as the favorite if one of those two chokes. Who knows, I was pretty confident that it wan't going to be Ohio State vs. LSU going into the last week of the season last year.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:14 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,803,370 times
Tech is flat out scary if they can continue to play defense and stop the run with their front seven. They held OK state to half of their normal production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football