U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yes, "you" certainly have.

Yes we have, as well as the media and anyone who cares about college football.

Please tell me when an SEC team had a #1 Oklahoma vs #5 Texas, #1 Texas vs #11 Missouri, #1Texas vs #7 Oklahoma St, #1 Texas vs #5 Texas Tech, and soon to be #2 Texas Tech vs #8 Oklahoma St, and soon to be #2 Texas Tech vs #6 Oklahoma?

The Biggest games the SEC had were Bama vs Georgia and Florida vs LSU.

As much as you cant stand it this is rather unprecedented in a conference. To be honest the fact you wont acknowledge the fact that this has been an amazing year for the Big XII south makes you come off as some one who doesn't know much about football. It is one thing to hate a team or conference, it is another to have the knowledge and calls to admit a team or conference is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 01:28 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
um, the only difference is that the good teams are all playing each other at the end of the year. this isn't rocket science. tell me the last time one conference had had two undefeated teams who just happened to win the last two national championships play in the regular season. oh that's right, it was florida vs. lsu. let's take a closer look at your claim of games of the year. 1 loss oklahoma vs. 1 loss texas. yawn. 2 loss oklahoma state vs. 1 loss texas. yawn. see where I am going with this? I am afraid that if the gators and crimson tide win out, that will be the game of the year. that will be 1 vs. 3 at the END of the year. undefeated vs. 1 loss at the END of the year to determine who plays in the NC game. the beautiful thing is this. if the top 4 wins out, and texas tech wins the big 12 and the gators win the SEC, the gators leap texas and play for the NC. gators control their own destiny, but texas doesn't. they need lots of help. I didn't say the big 12 was horrible. I said they didn't play defense, and they are incredibly overrated. I will also say that the SEC was overrated this year. I will also say that any claim for the best conference will have to come after all bowls have been played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Yes we have, as well as the media and anyone who cares about college football.

Please tell me when an SEC team had a #1 Oklahoma vs #5 Texas, #1 Texas vs #11 Missouri, #1Texas vs #7 Oklahoma St, #1 Texas vs #5 Texas Tech, and soon to be #2 Texas Tech vs #8 Oklahoma St, and soon to be #2 Texas Tech vs #6 Oklahoma?

The Biggest games the SEC had were Bama vs Georgia and Florida vs LSU.

As much as you cant stand it this is rather unprecedented in a conference. To be honest the fact you wont acknowledge the fact that this has been an amazing year for the Big XII south makes you come off as some one who doesn't know much about football. It is one thing to hate a team or conference, it is another to have the knowledge and calls to admit a team or conference is good.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
I'll be rolling on the floor laughing when FSU or South Carolina beat FU.

Big XII has 5, yes 5 teams in the top 13.

Texas and OU were undefeated when they played each other as well as when Texas played Okie light. Someone had to lose.

It has been undefeated team beating undefeated team all year in the Big XII (until OU stomps the Raiders)

Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
No one outside of Norman (Norman used in the generic sense, no one outside of Sooner-nation if you prefer) wants to see OU get blown out in another major bowl game. OU has lost four BCS games in a row. Their only bowl win the past 5 seasons was the Holiday Bowl vs. Oregon. It is painful watching this team try to play in major bowl games as of late (2005 Orange Bowl anyone?).

Old 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM

446 posts, read 1,225,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
SEC is the best conference in football.. It's not even close.
For the most part I would agree; however, this year, it is the Big 12, especially the South. Texas, Okllahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech. Hard to beat those four. The North is typically lousy. Missouri is the only really decent team and if they played in the South division they would finish no better than fifth. I honestly think no team from the North could win the MAC, this year or the past five years.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM

every SEC match up was between unbeaten teams in september! remember when vandy was 5-0? game of the year, game of the year. you can laugh all you want if florida loses one of those games. my entire life doesn't stop when the team I root for loses a GAME. yes, it's a game peepholes. if you roll on the ground if the gators lose a game so you can post a negative reply to someone in an internet chat room, I would say you need to reevaluate your priorities. plus, I am not as sensitive as big 12 fans. I got thick skin!

Quote:
I'll be rolling on the floor laughing when FSU or South Carolina beat FU.

Big XII has 5, yes 5 teams in the top 13.

Texas and OU were undefeated when they played each other as well as when Texas played Okie light. Someone had to lose.

It has been undefeated team beating undefeated team all year in the Big XII (until OU stomps the Raiders)

Old 11-10-2008, 02:52 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Quote:
I got thick skin!
Gators got thick skin, Sooners got shotguns!! LOL

I was rolling on the floor laughing when State Penn lost, same with USC, mostly because I won 50 bucks! When OU lost to Texas, oh well life goes on.
I try not to post anything negative on here, things like "the SEC is a joke" or whatever. I just post stuff like "the Sooners are the best football team that has ever played the game"

Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Quote:
every SEC match up was between unbeaten teams in september! remember when vandy was 5-0? game of the year, game of the year. you can laugh all you want if florida loses one of those games. my entire life doesn't stop when the team I root for loses a GAME. yes, it's a game peepholes. if you roll on the ground if the gators lose a game so you can post a negative reply to someone in an internet chat room, I would say you need to reevaluate your priorities. plus, I am not as sensitive as big 12 fans. I got thick skin!

You honestly think anyone besides demented SEC fans thought Vandy vs Auburn was the game of the year?

You talk alot of smack about the SEC winning the NC game the past two seasons, I mean beating an overrated Ohio St each year WOW just WOW.

If Texas Tech does play Florida I will look forward to seeing Tech roll up 50+ on the unbeatable Gators. Same unbeatable Gators who lost to an UNRANKED Ole Miss. Atleast Texas lost to a top 5 team.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,321 times
I don't know how serious everyone is here, but it appears y'all are very confident "your team" or "a team from your conference" would put up 40-50 points on the other. I highly doubt any Big XII team would put up 50+ on an Florida. I also do not think Florida would put up 50+ points on a top Big XII team. From a Pac-10 perspective, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida all look pretty evenly matched. Any one of those match-ups would be a good match-up, heck, a far better upgrade from Ohio State. I think Florida is by far the best team in the SEC regardless of them losing to Ole Miss.

Another team I think would put up a good fight would be USC. Yeah, they have looked like garbage at times, but they simply show up when they need to...look at the OU dismantling. I have a feeling it may be Florida vs. Texas for the NC because I see OU taking out Tech and UT beating Mizzou in the Big XII championship. Who knows though?

I may not know much and I certainly am not a gambling man, but I'd take any bets from y'all thinking Tech would roll up 50+ on UF. I can't even recall any team putting 50+ on UF.

***Note: I hate the SEC so DO NOT come back and claim I'm an SEC homer (Pac-10 yes, SEC no)...just my $0.02***

Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM

I think that you and I know it's a little bit of a friendly rivalry. I will poke fun at the gators getting destroyed by nebraska in the NC game. I thought the gators were the gods of offense. they were ok, but tommy frazier, ahman green, and lawrence phillips were better. some take this crap too seriously. IT IS A GAME!

Quote:
Gators got thick skin, Sooners got shotguns!! LOL

I was rolling on the floor laughing when State Penn lost, same with USC, mostly because I won 50 bucks! When OU lost to Texas, oh well life goes on.
I try not to post anything negative on here, things like "the SEC is a joke" or whatever. I just post stuff like "the Sooners are the best football team that has ever played the game"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football