U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,360,294 times

Advertisements

you honestly think that anyone besides demented big 12 fans think oklahoma vs. texas was the game of the year. I didn't say anything about vandy and auburn. that is like saying that the baylor vs. iowa state game is the game of the year. your logic fails. yes, the SEC team beat the overrated champs of the big 10. but in 03, they beat the overrated champs from the big 12. you are living in fantasy land. texas tech only put up what, like 30 at home on texas? texas doesn't play defense. at the end of the day, gators win out, they play for the NC. texas does not control their own destiny. no need to get upset about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You honestly think anyone besides demented SEC fans thought Vandy vs Auburn was the game of the year?

You talk alot of smack about the SEC winning the NC game the past two seasons, I mean beating an overrated Ohio St each year WOW just WOW.

If Texas Tech does play Florida I will look forward to seeing Tech roll up 50+ on the unbeatable Gators. Same unbeatable Gators who lost to an UNRANKED Ole Miss. Atleast Texas lost to a top 5 team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM

I am pretty sure you know my level of seriousness. I am a trash talking gator fan, who obviously can get into the minds of those who let him. all I have said is that I think the gators are playing the best football right now. at least the best defense, and defense wins championships. I can recall a team running up 50 on the gators, and they were from the thug 12. it was convicted felon lawrence phillips and the rest of the cornhuskers. props to frazier and green on that team though. they destroyed a talented gator team. gators won the NC the next year though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I don't know how serious everyone is here, but it appears y'all are very confident "your team" or "a team from your conference" would put up 40-50 points on the other. I highly doubt any Big XII team would put up 50+ on an Florida. I also do not think Florida would put up 50+ points on a top Big XII team. From a Pac-10 perspective, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida all look pretty evenly matched. Any one of those match-ups would be a good match-up, heck, a far better upgrade from Ohio State. I think Florida is by far the best team in the SEC regardless of them losing to Ole Miss.

Another team I think would put up a good fight would be USC. Yeah, they have looked like garbage at times, but they simply show up when they need to...look at the OU dismantling. I have a feeling it may be Florida vs. Texas for the NC because I see OU taking out Tech and UT beating Mizzou in the Big XII championship. Who knows though?

I may not know much and I certainly am not a gambling man, but I'd take any bets from y'all thinking Tech would roll up 50+ on UF. I can't even recall any team putting 50+ on UF.

***Note: I hate the SEC so DO NOT come back and claim I'm an SEC homer (Pac-10 yes, SEC no)...just my $0.02***

Old 11-10-2008, 07:57 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am pretty sure you know my level of seriousness. I am a trash talking gator fan, who obviously can get into the minds of those who let him. all I have said is that I think the gators are playing the best football right now. at least the best defense, and defense wins championships. I can recall a team running up 50 on the gators, and they were from the thug 12. it was convicted felon lawrence phillips and the rest of the cornhuskers. props to frazier and green on that team though. they destroyed a talented gator team. gators won the NC the next year though!
Yes, yes, I do remember that now.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:15 PM

haha! I have been trying to forget ever since! that nebraska team was brutal. that wasn't the gators. that was the geckos.

Quote:
Yes, yes, I do remember that now.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,580 times
Quote:
haha! I have been trying to forget ever since! that nebraska team was brutal. that wasn't the gators. that was the geckos.
Yeah, but it was also a million years ago. Oh, how things have changed for Nebraska.

Hey, I teach at a school with the Crocodiles as a mascot. I have a colleague who went to Florida State that has a Gator stuffed animal in her room that she ripped off the orange shirt and blue hat. I asked her why she had it in the first place and she said a UF friend of hers gave it to her as a joke, so instead of lighting it on fire, she ripped into it. Now, it just looks like a normal gator/crocodile looking animal with a few stitches showing from the carnage.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,673,970 times
Quote:
you honestly think that anyone besides demented big 12 fans think oklahoma vs. texas was the game of the year. I didn't say anything about vandy and auburn. that is like saying that the baylor vs. iowa state game is the game of the year. your logic fails. yes, the SEC team beat the overrated champs of the big 10. but in 03, they beat the overrated champs from the big 12. you are living in fantasy land. texas tech only put up what, like 30 at home on texas? texas doesn't play defense. at the end of the day, gators win out, they play for the NC. texas does not control their own destiny. no need to get upset about it.
These are your words, so if you didnt mean Auburn who could Vandy have played that would be considered Game of the year? Your words they played a game of the year so who was it? Your Logic or lack there of Fails.

Quote:
every remember when Vandy was 5-0? game of the year, game of the year.
Texas may not control their fate but as of right now we are higher in the BCS than your Gators. Who is to say you even beat Bama, I mean they actually beat Ole Miss unlike you Gators.

This years Big XII is much more improved over the one you use, the one from over FIVE years ago. Maybe you want to go back to the 90's for some more examples.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM

that's pretty icy. one must first respect the gator to come to love the gator. I know how the fla vs fla state blood runs reptilian. that's how cold it is. I just enjoy friendly smack talking. I don't burn things.

Quote:
Yeah, but it was also a million years ago. Oh, how things have changed for Nebraska.

Hey, I teach at a school with the Crocodiles as a mascot. I have a colleague who went to Florida State that has a Gator stuffed animal in her room that she ripped off the orange shirt and blue hat. I asked her why she had it in the first place and she said a UF friend of hers gave it to her as a joke, so instead of lighting it on fire, she ripped into it. Now, it just looks like a normal gator/crocodile looking animal with a few stitches showing from the carnage.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:01 PM

the more you post, the more you confuse me. the vandy comment was simply one to bring to light that some teams were better in the beginning of the year. my logic never fails. you keep saying "my" gators. they aren't my gators. just like they aren't your longhorns. we are fans. I went to UNCW. UNCW doesn't have a football team. LIGHTEN UP!

Quote:
These are your words, so if you didnt mean Auburn who could Vandy have played that would be considered Game of the year? Your words they played a game of the year so who was it? Your Logic or lack there of Fails.

Texas may not control their fate but as of right now we are higher in the BCS than your Gators. Who is to say you even beat Bama, I mean they actually beat Ole Miss unlike you Gators.

This years Big XII is much more improved over the one you use, the one from over FIVE years ago. Maybe you want to go back to the 90's for some more examples.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,673,970 times
Quote:
the more you post, the more you confuse me. the vandy comment was simply one to bring to light that some teams were better in the beginning of the year. my logic never fails. you keep saying "my" gators. they aren't my gators. just like they aren't your longhorns. we are fans. I went to UNCW. UNCW doesn't have a football team. LIGHTEN UP!

No you said Vandy vs some one was game of the year and I would like to know who you were referring to.

I think thats where we are different, they are MY longhorns. My house shuts down when Texas plays, it isn't a some hee haha little game, Texas football is like a religion. For god sake I eat Chips in the shape of the state of Texas, I LOVE Texas football as do the majority of real Texas fans

Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 PM

I promise I will pray for you.

Quote:
No you said Vandy vs some one was game of the year and I would like to know who you were referring to.

I think thats where we are different, they are MY longhorns. My house shuts down when Texas plays, it isn't a some hee haha little game, Texas football is like a religion. For god sake I eat Chips in the shape of the state of Texas, I LOVE Texas football as do the majority of real Texas fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football