U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,387,858 times

Advertisements

you know I should placed a bet on that Iowa - Penn State game

gosh darn it, i would have made money

sorry I had to vent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,417,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
OU vs FL
In the end these teams will be the best, and higest ranked one losers.

Yes 'Bama, State Penn, and Tech will have one loss.
I think it's interesting that everyone has so much confidence in OU's ability to beat Tech. Texas was bullying OU around at the line of scrimmage, Texas was completely dominated on both sides of the ball (and with a 3 man rush, no less) by Tech. If you can't win at the line on either side of the ball, you will have an exceptionally difficult time winning the game.

I never would have believed it two weeks ago, but after watching Tech's last two games I don't think OU has the stuff to beat them. The idea that OU's defense is some sort of juggernaut and is going to squash Tech is really a little ridiculous (was it 45 points they gave up to the Longhorns?).

I think Alabama puts Florida away. I don't know why I think that, just a feeling.

#1 Bama vs. #2 Tech in the NCAA Championship game. Tech wins by two scores.

By the way, Penn State = No surprise. The Big 10 just isn't what it used to be. Penn State hasn't had a team since Kerry Collins, Ki-Jana Carter and Bobby Engram.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
No you said Vandy vs some one was game of the year and I would like to know who you were referring to.

I think thats where we are different, they are MY longhorns. My house shuts down when Texas plays, it isn't a some hee haha little game, Texas football is like a religion. For god sake I eat Chips in the shape of the state of Texas, I LOVE Texas football as do the majority of real Texas fans
Ahhh thats what I think first when I think Texas, High School Football and football in general, is great to see people like you who are so passionate for their team.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 PM

143 posts, read 388,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
You heard it here first.

spoke too soon

Old 11-11-2008, 12:33 AM

786 posts, read 1,907,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
From a Pac-10 perspective, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida all look pretty evenly matched. Any one of those match-ups would be a good match-up, heck, a far better upgrade from Ohio State. I think Florida is by far the best team in the SEC regardless of them losing to Ole Miss.

Another team I think would put up a good fight would be USC.
I think you are right about that. With so much talent on all these teams, on any given day, you could match any two (Texas Tech, Texas, OU, Florida, and USC...maybe Alabama but I'm not sold on them)...and...the team that played better on that day and had fewer mistakes, would probably come out on top.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,357,562 times
I only need one example.

Record in BCS bowls: SEC: 11-4. Big 12: 6-8.

Quote:
These are your words, so if you didnt mean Auburn who could Vandy have played that would be considered Game of the year? Your words they played a game of the year so who was it? Your Logic or lack there of Fails.

Texas may not control their fate but as of right now we are higher in the BCS than your Gators. Who is to say you even beat Bama, I mean they actually beat Ole Miss unlike you Gators.

This years Big XII is much more improved over the one you use, the one from over FIVE years ago. Maybe you want to go back to the 90's for some more examples.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I only need one example.

Record in BCS bowls: SEC: 11-4. Big 12: 6-8.

Like I said, I am talking about THIS YEAR

Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times
Penn stae will not be in the national championship. It looks like SE conference verus the big 12. It is just in the works.OU could stop Texas which is a much younger team but anyone can win amoung the top teas in the big 12.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM

the jury is still out on this year. texas could drop the rest of their games. florida could drop the rest of their games. you arbitrarily calling every big 12 game the game of the year is just silly. you know what? the big 12, and the SEC have an 0-0 record in BCS games this year. that's the reality of it. you claim I am citing the past, but you are trying to predict the future.

Quote:
Like I said, I am talking about THIS YEAR

Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM

thank god for the penn state loss. the big 10 kept embarrassing themselves year after year. I think that conference has some retooling to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Penn stae will not be in the national championship. It looks like SE conference verus the big 12. It is just in the works.OU could stop Texas which is a much younger team but anyone can win amoung the top teas in the big 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football