U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I would rather lose in the sun bowl to a team from the sun belt conference, than to lose in a BCS bowl. the BCS bowls are supposed to be for good teams!
I would rather go to a bcs bowl and lose any day of the year. Conference Championships mean alot to me, and we are going for 4 in row!! I really couldn't care less about losing in the Fiesta Bowl twice.
Shoot, I'm happy with 10 wins.

WVU and USC were dam good football teams. If WVU wouldn't have stepped on it against Pitt, they would have been playing Ohio State last year.
At least the Boise State game was one of the best bowl games ever. The wrong team just won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
not me. I like to know when the gators are bad. they only have one undefeated regular season. I thought they were good. then they got destroyed by nebraska. that loss was worse than losing to michigan last year. at least I knew florida sucked last year. imagine going all year thinking that they were unbeatable, only to get crushed in the NC game. I'd rather find out in week 4 if the team was any good. I got a football autographed by the entire sooner NC team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I would rather go to a bcs bowl and lose any day of the year. Conference Championships mean alot to me, and we are going for 4 in row!! I really couldn't care less about losing in the Fiesta Bowl twice.

WVU and USC were dam good football teams. If WVU wouldn't have stepped on it against Pitt, they would have been playing Ohio State last year.
At least the Boise State game was one of the best bowl games ever. The wrong team just won.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
Quote:

The Fiesta bowl game is one of the best bowl games ever because BOISE STATE won the game. If Oklahoma won that game, no one would remember it. We remember it because Choke-lahoma, even after scoring the go ahead touchdown, STILL couldn't close out Boise State. If you are the champ of the all-mighty Big XII, you should not be losing to Boise State, I don't care what their record is or the situation. You also should not get blown out by USC and WVU, a WVU team that had lost its head coach weeks before.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
The Fiesta bowl game is one of the best bowl games ever because BOISE STATE won the game. If Oklahoma won that game, no one would remember it. We remember it because Choke-lahoma, even after scoring the go ahead touchdown, STILL couldn't close out Boise State. If you are the champ of the all-mighty Big XII, you should not be losing to Boise State, I don't care what their record is or the situation. You also should not get blown out by USC and WVU, a WVU team that had lost its head coach weeks before.

Haven't we beat this dead horse already? From what I've read you don't even root for any team, you just talk **** about OU. If I lived in Indiana I wouldn't claim any of those sorry ass teams either, they haven't even been good at B-ball in 20 years!
Against WV we didnt have 5 defensive starters, and boise state won by one point!
You're right we shouldn't have gotten blown out by either of those teams so your point is OU sucks? get a life bro!

MOST WINS SINCE 1940!!! 7 REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:43 PM

I don't think ok sucks, but they have gone away from what made them win their last national title. didn't they hold florida state to 2 points? they don't play good defense anymore. stoops is a defensive guy.

Quote:
Haven't we beat this dead horse already? From what I've read you don't even root for any team, you just talk **** about OU. If I lived in Indiana I wouldn't claim any of those sorry ass teams either, they haven't even been good at B-ball in 20 years!
Against WV we didnt have 5 defensive starters, and boise state won by one point!
You're right we shouldn't have gotten blown out by either of those teams so your point is OU sucks? get a life bro!

MOST WINS SINCE 1940!!! 7 REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
Quote:
I will have you know that I am a proud Purdue fan, and we went to the Rose Bowl seven years ago. Last year, we won the Motor City Bowl. The MOTOR CITY BOWL!!! When is the last time Oklahoma won the Motor City Bowl? Hmmm, try NEVER!! NOT ONE TIME!! Bow before the greatness that is Purdue football!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
I will have you know that I am a proud Purdue fan, and we went to the Rose Bowl seven years ago. Last year, we won the Motor City Bowl. The MOTOR CITY BOWL!!! When is the last time Oklahoma won the Motor City Bowl? Hmmm, try NEVER!! NOT ONE TIME!! Bow before the greatness that is Purdue football!!!
Ha Ha!! Purdue!! At least I know now!! I caught so much crap from my friends when I said that I'd take Drew Brees over Vick in the draft, (I hate Va tech!!)
A few years later no one remembered my infinite wisdom. I still have scars, they made fun of me alot. Drew Brees ended up being a little better.

Sooners will redeem themselves this year, I hope. FU is really good.

I'm looking past Tech, nothing against them, I just know Stoolwater is going to be a tougher game to win than the Tech game. If we beat Tech and then lose to Okie light... who cares, Holiday Bowl here we come!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 PM

you don't hate tech as much as I do. if you do, you must be from VA. if you don't remember, the chargers took LT before vick. good choice there too. my dad is a sooner fan and I love talking smack to him. he gave a motivational speech to the sooners during their NC year. guess it worked.

Quote:
Ha Ha!! Purdue!! At least I know now!! I caught so much crap from my friends when I said that I'd take Drew Brees over Vick in the draft, (I hate Va tech!!)
A few years later no one remembered my infinite wisdom. I still have scars, they made fun of me alot. Drew Brees ended up being a little better.

Sooners will redeem themselves this year, I hope. FU is really good.

I'm looking past Tech, nothing against them, I just know Stoolwater is going to be a tougher game to win than the Tech game. If we beat Tech and then lose to Okie light... who cares, Holiday Bowl here we come!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Status: "Moon landing 50th anniversary July 20." (set 4 days ago)

46,941 posts, read 37,087,196 times
Florida vs Penn State? Not this year. Alabama? Let's see what happens the next couple of weeks. Ditto for Oklahoma. What could happen? Texas vs. Texas Tech. Yes, it could happen. My Longhorns are not done yet. Face it: This has been the greatest year of Big 12 football since the conference began. I would not be surprised at all if it came down to those two teams. If Texas Tech beats OU in the days ahead, watch out!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,674,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Florida vs Penn State? Not this year. Alabama? Let's see what happens the next couple of weeks. Ditto for Oklahoma. What could happen? Texas vs. Texas Tech. Yes, it could happen. My Longhorns are not done yet. Face it: This has been the greatest year of Big 12 football since the conference began. I would not be surprised at all if it came down to those two teams. If Texas Tech beats OU in the days ahead, watch out!

Just a warning you are going to get a reply from a few people telling you the Big XII isnt the best conference.

GO HORNS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football