U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,235,988 times
Reputation: 1002

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
One team will drop, and that is Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, Texas and OU all won today. Who are you to say a Big XII offense cant put up a ton of points on a SEC defense.
They can put up points but so can Florida.

A four team playoff would be great, but I can't see "the powers that be" ever letting it happen.

I would be very, very happy if they just gave us a plus 1 game to decide the NC. That way we would still have the weekly drama of the BCS but we would get a little more closure at the end of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,826,695 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the big 12 has quite possibly the worst defense of all time. their teams are all about to drop out of the top 10. no collapse needed. all those teams you named will play each other.
If you seen Texas Tech's defense today you'd be surprised. Great game on defence by Tech. They had a complete game today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,861,625 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the big 12 has quite possibly the worst defense of all time. their teams are all about to drop out of the top 10. no collapse needed. all those teams you named will play each other.
ummm.. it looks like like "we" will have 3 out of the top 5.

And the top 4 teams are quite possibly some of the best offenses of all time. The stats for the offense are AMAZING on those 4 teams.

Just like I said before..... Big XII champ vs. SEC champ.... the way it should be this year, unless UT sneaks in there against OU!! I'd love a rematch on a real "neutral" field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,826,695 times
Reputation: 1324
The way I see it if you have a great offence who can score like Tech does, it takes your defence out of the equation abit because you can keep up the scoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
 
16,535 posts, read 21,023,664 times
Reputation: 47997
DC! Thanks for the correction on 2 BCS picks- been psyched watching some DAMN GOOD GAMES TODAY!! Well, they deserve them anyway, then with Missouri and Kansas, a half dozen or so Big 12 clubs should get bowl bids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,371,218 times
Reputation: 835
ok state is done. another big 12 team will drop. the conference is a bit of a joke. defense wins championships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
ummm.. it looks like like "we" will have 3 out of the top 5.

And the top 4 teams are quite possibly some of the best offenses of all time. The stats for the offense are AMAZING on those 4 teams.

Just like I said before..... Big XII champ vs. SEC champ.... the way it should be this year, unless UT sneaks in there against OU!! I'd love a rematch on a real "neutral" field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,826,695 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
ok state is done. another big 12 team will drop. the conference is a bit of a joke. defense wins championships.
Typical statement of a SEC fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,861,625 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the conference is a bit of a joke.
With that comment I might as well put you on my ignore list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,235,988 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
ummm.. it looks like like "we" will have 3 out of the top 5.

And the top 4 teams are quite possibly some of the best offenses of all time. The offensive stats are AMAZING on those 4 teams.

Just like I said before..... Big XII champ vs. SEC champ.... the way it should be this year, unless UT sneaks in there against OU!! I'd love a rematch on a real "neutral" field.
SEC vs Big 12 is my hope.

USC is still a very scary, and probably the most talented, team. They have a habit of dinking around all season and then unloading on teams in big games. I doubt they will make it to the NC game but I would be nervous if my team was playing them.

You can't play in the NC if you don't win your conferance, although I would love to see a TX OU rematch just for the heck of it.

At least we know that Ohio State won't be in there this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,826,695 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
SEC vs Big 12 is my hope.

USC is still a very scary, and probably the most talented, team. They have a habit of dinking around all season and then unloading on teams in big games. I doubt they will make it to the NC game but I would be nervous if my team was playing them.

You can't play in the NC if you don't win your conferance, although I would love to see a TX OU rematch just for the heck of it.

At least we know that Ohio State won't be in there this year.
Now their defence lately has been amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top