U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Sequim, WA
786 posts, read 1,908,913 times
Reputation: 888

Advertisements

If Texas Tech beats OU in Norman, they should easily take care of the northern Big 12 champ and end up in the national title game. Most likely opponent would be Florida. I just don't see how Florida will lose to Alabama. So...right now, If I were a betting man, I'd say it'll be Florida and Texas Tech in the title game. I hate to say that, cause I'm an OU grad...but we do have a glaring weakness with our special teams, lack of a consistent field goal kicker, and holes in the defense due to injuries. My top 5 as of now: 1. Texas Tech 2. Florida 3. USC 4. Texas 5. OU

If my Sooners can take care of Tech, we'll probably end up with Florida and Texas in the title game, leaving OU and USC paying off their karma for sins at Texas and Oregon State.

I bleed crimson and cream so it's painful to have two Texas teams listed before OU. Maybe nevergoingback can straighten me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,933 posts, read 6,803,370 times
Reputation: 5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwx View Post
If Texas Tech beats OU in Norman, they should easily take care of the northern Big 12 champ and end up in the national title game. Most likely opponent would be Florida. I just don't see how Florida will lose to Alabama. So...right now, If I were a betting man, I'd say it'll be Florida and Texas Tech in the title game. I hate to say that, cause I'm an OU grad...but we do have a glaring weakness with our special teams, lack of a consistent field goal kicker, and holes in the defense due to injuries. My top 5 as of now: 1. Texas Tech 2. Florida 3. USC 4. Texas 5. OU

If my Sooners can take care of Tech, we'll probably end up with Florida and Texas in the title game, leaving OU and USC paying off their karma for sins at Texas and Oregon State.

I bleed crimson and cream so it's painful to have two Texas teams listed before OU. Maybe nevergoingback can straighten me out!
what makes you think Texas would jump Tech, if they lost in a close game to OU? I mean, Tech does have the heads up win over Texas. That would be so screwy having a three way tie for the south. We need playoffs. ********** BCS crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,232,303 times
Reputation: 1002
Ha! I think we finally agree, the BCS is crap!:0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
Reputation: 835
no, oklahoma has no chance. if they beat t-tech, they still lost to texas, and would not play for their own conference. they would need texas to lose another game so they can play for the conference championship to have a shot. I am totally stoked to play anyone in the small 12. it's the most unbalanced conference in college football. you can't win a championship without playing defense. giving up 35 points and 550 yards to kansas state isn't defense. that's an embarrassment. oklahoma needs help to get to the title game. florida controls their own destiny. the gators are licking their chops to carve up a small 12 defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So I guess when OU beats Tech and FL beats 'Bama.... ding ding ding....
OU vs FL. What a game!!! I really don't see you're argument against the Big XII, I guess you would be stoked to play Tech, UT, or OU for NC? I wouldn't be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
Reputation: 835
uh, ya left out alabama. is this your personal top 5 or a serious top 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwx View Post
If Texas Tech beats OU in Norman, they should easily take care of the northern Big 12 champ and end up in the national title game. Most likely opponent would be Florida. I just don't see how Florida will lose to Alabama. So...right now, If I were a betting man, I'd say it'll be Florida and Texas Tech in the title game. I hate to say that, cause I'm an OU grad...but we do have a glaring weakness with our special teams, lack of a consistent field goal kicker, and holes in the defense due to injuries. My top 5 as of now: 1. Texas Tech 2. Florida 3. USC 4. Texas 5. OU

If my Sooners can take care of Tech, we'll probably end up with Florida and Texas in the title game, leaving OU and USC paying off their karma for sins at Texas and Oregon State.

I bleed crimson and cream so it's painful to have two Texas teams listed before OU. Maybe nevergoingback can straighten me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:02 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no, oklahoma has no chance. if they beat t-tech, they still lost to texas, and would not play for their own conference. they would need texas to lose another game so they can play for the conference championship to have a shot. I am totally stoked to play anyone in the small 12. it's the most unbalanced conference in college football. you can't win a championship without playing defense. giving up 35 points and 550 yards to kansas state isn't defense. that's an embarrassment. oklahoma needs help to get to the title game. florida controls their own destiny. the gators are licking their chops to carve up a small 12 defense.
Texas does NOT have to lose twice for OU to go to the CCG. I've explained it many times.

Now if OU had actually lost that game at home to an unranked team (not won 58-35 like they did, how embarrassing!), THAT would have been an embarrassment. Seriously, Ole Miss AT HOME???? Seriously?? Sounds like a top 3 team to me
Maybe if we played Kentucky we'd get some love

And yes OUr All American DE is injured. And in the K-state game OUr leading tackler went out for season, his RS FR replacement (Box) is just now looking good getting a feel for things, We'll be ready for Tech.

SEC east looks weak as hell to me. You know how good OUr defense would look if we played those types of offense?

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-09-2008 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
Reputation: 835
not sure you would want to play kentucky. kentucky destroyed louisville, who destroyed kansas state, who rang up 550 yards on oklahoma. did I mention that the gators beat kentucky 63-5? yes, 5, not 35. losing to ole miss sucked, but it was a wakeup call. they learned from it. oklahoma just continues to play bad defense. excuses excuses. this player is hurt, that player is hurt. florida would beat any small 12 team by a minimum of 40. you should be happy for florida. without them, your team would not hydrate properly and you would not have a head coach. stoops was only good enough to be a defensive coordinator for the gators in the SEC, so he had to leave for jokelahoma and the small 12. I am gonna look awfully foolish if florida loses to the citidel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Texas does NOT have to lose twice for OU to go to the CCG. I've explained it many times.

Now if OU had actually lost that game at home to an unranked team (not won 58-35 like they did, how embarrassing!), THAT would have been an embarrassment. Seriously, Ole Miss AT HOME???? Seriously?? Sounds like a top 3 team to me
Maybe if we played Kentucky we'd get some love

And yes OUr All American DE is injured. And in the K-state game OUr leading tackler went out for season, his RS FR replacement (Box) is just now looking good getting a feel for things, We'll be ready for Tech.

SEC east looks weak as hell to me. You know how good OUr defense would look if we played those type offenses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
florida would beat any small 12 team by a minimum of 40.
I'm speechless. I Wish it were January already.

I'm pretty sure Bob Stoops wouldn't want to take a million dollar a year paycut to coach at FU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,361,370 times
Reputation: 835
don't really think stoops had an option. he wasn't good enough to coach there. remember, they had spurrier and the gators were dominating the SEC back then. of course then we had to live through the zook era. I am sure that whatever small 12 team the gators make mince meat out of, they will claim that the gators cheated.

"but they cheated. we score, then they score, that's the deal. they had no right holding our system offense to 200 yards. they cheated. they wouldn't let us score."

we are the chompions. if you ain't a gator, you gator bait.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I'm speechless. I Wish it were January already.

I'm pretty sure Bob Stoops wouldn't want to take a million dollar a year paycut to coach at FU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
You heard it here first.
I booked my trip, hotel, everything, I want me money back!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top