U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,230,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
My good friend teaches college in Alabama and is a huge Tide fan. She is going absolutely bananas over the SEC championship.

I think you win this match up. I think you get to the NC and will play...........I have no clue.

I hope you play USC to settle our little SEC-Pac-10 Rivalry. But then, I would realize that I really do not like USC and I was just using them to argue the power of the Pac-10, so that would be lame. I still think you win out to get to the NC.
I wouldn't want my team to play USC in the BCS. They don't mess around when it comes to big games on the national stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:59 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times
my problem with USC is that they have been flat in a couple of victories since their loss. when florida lost, I could sense it was a wake up call in the way they responded. bama is a ball control team. they like to keep other offenses off the field. they also have a good offensive line and good running backs. they can't win if they have to throw because john parker wilson isn't a great QB. neither is tebow, but he's in an offense that is suited to his strengths.

Quote:
My good friend teaches college in Alabama and is a huge Tide fan. She is going absolutely bananas over the SEC championship.

I think you win this match up. I think you get to the NC and will play...........I have no clue.

I hope you play USC to settle our little SEC-Pac-10 Rivalry. But then, I would realize that I really do not like USC and I was just using them to argue the power of the Pac-10, so that would be lame. I still think you win out to get to the NC.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 PM

not usually, but texas beat them. florida doesn't play around in big bowls either. unless it's 1996 and they are playing nebraska. that game was unfair though. lawerence phillips was armed so the gators were afraid to make a play on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I wouldn't want my team to play USC in the BCS. They don't mess around when it comes to big games on the national stage.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:03 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I would watch out for florida's track team. have you seen their running back jeff demps? he's going to run track for them too and he is the fastest teenager in the united states. it's ridiculous. I'm not even being a homer.

I keep waiting for it to be the ACC's cycle. I can't understand that conference not being better. fla st. and miami produce more pros than any other school. maybe it's because a few of them are really tough academically? if I was an athlete, I would love to play in a place like chapel hill or charlottesville. guess it's the lack of tradition.
I changed track to cross country. Yeah, Demps is lightning quick, it's silly. Now, in cross country Oregon is the power now. Men's National Champs in 2007, women 2nd, Men's Pac-10 2008 track champs...but, not really my thing

Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
my problem with USC is that they have been flat in a couple of victories since their loss. when florida lost, I could sense it was a wake up call in the way they responded. bama is a ball control team. they like to keep other offenses off the field. they also have a good offensive line and good running backs. they can't win if they have to throw because john parker wilson isn't a great QB. neither is tebow, but he's in an offense that is suited to his strengths.
I wouldn't say USC has been flat, they've only given up 23 points since the loss to Oregon State and they've put up about 250.

I have no idea why I'm defending USC, since I despise them.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
not usually, but texas beat them. florida doesn't play around in big bowls either. unless it's 1996 and they are playing nebraska. that game was unfair though. lawerence phillips was armed so the gators were afraid to make a play on him.
Florida has been pretty good in big games. That USC loss to Vince Young was a great game. I can think of three games (USC, OK State, and Michigan) where Vince Young pretty much won the games by himself.

fortunately, demps can play football. we had another guy, john capel, who was a track star that sucked at football. those track guys are hit or miss. if he puts on a couple lbs, he could be a good running back. he's short. reminds me of that little guy for oregon state that shredded USC. that guy is like 5'6. those little guys are hard to find.

Quote:
I changed track to cross country. Yeah, Demps is lightning quick, it's silly. Now, in cross country Oregon is the power now. Men's National Champs in 2007, women 2nd, Men's Pac-10 2008 track champs...but, not really my thing

Quote:
I liken USC to the Lakers back when they had Gary Payton, Kobe, Shaq, and Malone. They had so much talent, but at times they would take games off as if they knew they could turn it up when they needed to. There is no doubt SC can play when they want, but they have played really uninspired the last two years. Only Texas took them out and that was a fluke. Heck, VY threw a touchdown on his knee...opps, missed that one ref. And Reggie, oh Reggie, good call on that lateral at the 3 yard line...

The other Pac-10 teams need to start stepping up consistently. Hello, Oregon, are you listening?

Old 11-09-2008, 03:13 PM

to be fair, they scored most of those points vs. washington and washington state. they beat arizona by 7, and cal by 14. only managing 17 points in both games. it's not really flat, but you would expect more. I mean, maryland beat cal. most teams kill the teams they should, but I would like to see them kill the teams they shouldn't. I mean, I wouldn't, since I hate them.

Quote:
I wouldn't say USC has been flat, they've only given up 23 points since the loss to Oregon State and they've put up about 250.

I have no idea why I'm defending USC, since I despise them.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
fortunately, demps can play football. we had another guy, john capel, who was a track star that sucked at football. those track guys are hit or miss. if he puts on a couple lbs, he could be a good running back. he's short. reminds me of that little guy for oregon state that shredded USC. that guy is like 5'6. those little guys are hard to find.
Yeah, Jaquizz Rogers out of Texas. Oregon got a back last year who is small but very quick. He will be very similar to Rogers.

LaMichael James

YouTube - Lamichael James New Highlight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football