U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
We'll never know, since Tech won't make it to the BCS>
I'm afraid you are correct, kind of sad, just like Mizzou last year, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 10:22 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,799,185 times
there are going to be some real sore sooners when Tech does it two years in a row. This team is peaking at the right time. Defense is coming along. Offense is downright scary. They can't be stopped unless they stop themselves. Solid running game, nasty O-line, a front seven on D that will get after it, and man playin with boys on the outside.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
OU is a much better team than Texas, they just blew that game. Crabtree will have a decent game but OU is going to be too much for them.
Boise state. Yea, I went there. You've Tech at home and a road trip up to Stillwater. You will drop one of them.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times
texas tech is a system. the big 12 does not play defense, and I would LOVE to play texas tech. when craptree goes over the middle the first time and gets broken in half, he will be in constant fear the remainder of the game. once graham horrid gets a taste of the chomp, he will turn into an interception machine. but it's all a moot point right now. florida still has to play south carolina, florida state and alabama. oh, and the citidel for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
pfft... is your crack clean, cuz clearly your head is up your ass.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
texas tech is a system. the big 12 does not play defense, and I would LOVE to play texas tech. when craptree goes over the middle the first time and gets broken in half, he will be in constant fear the remainder of the game. once graham horrid gets a taste of the chomp, he will turn into an interception machine. but it's all a moot point right now. florida still has to play south carolina, florida state and alabama. oh, and the citidel for some reason.
The Gators lost to lowly Miss. What competition have yall played? Gator's would be lucky to go .500 against the best four teams in the Big XII south. Hell, Missouri would give yall a run.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 AM

the gators would dominate the small 12. look out for those intimidating texas tech fans. all 50,000 of them. if the gators get to the championship game, it doesn't matter what sacrificial lamb from the small 12 is put before them. it will be a gator rout, and they will once again be the chompions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
The Gators lost to lowly Miss. What competition have yall played? Gator's would be lucky to go .500 against the best four teams in the Big XII south. Hell, Missouri would give yall a run.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:42 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,550,850 times
OU, Tech, or Texas would run roughshod over Bama or Florida. Please don't call the conference the "small 12." Show some respect and don't sound like such a homer.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 AM

we're all homers around here. I will respect the conference when they can shut out a team like baylor. if horrible teams don't respect the defenses, how can I? it looks like one of those teams will play one of the SEC teams barring something drastic happening. it will be the 12's first introduction to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
OU, Tech, or Texas would run roughshod over Bama or Florida. Please don't call the conference the "small 12." Show some respect and don't sound like such a homer.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
we're all homers around here. I will respect the conference when they can shut out a team like baylor. if horrible teams don't respect the defenses, how can I? it looks like one of those teams will play one of the SEC teams barring something drastic happening. it will be the 12's first introduction to speed.

You have shown you have ZERO knowledge of football. At least Big XII fans can admit the SEC has good teams, I guess thats the difference between us we have class and knowledge and you SEC fans have neither. Maybe it's your scared because you know the BIG XII would put up 50 points on your unbeatable defense.

You bring up Baylor, well how is it that Georgia almost lost to Kentucky on the last second. SO please save this BS argument, if you want to call it that for anyone who doesn't know anything about college football. Like yourself

Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 PM

perhaps some of that defensive behavior can rub off on the longhorns. we all have zero knowledge of football. it's a game, and we are fans. if you had knowledge, you would be coaching in the NCAA. stop being so silly and defensive and talk smack back. I can give it out, and I can take it. feel free to call them the florida gaytors. I can take it. texas fans are actually known as being some of the most classless. granted, you are a distant second behind ohio state. I don't have an unbeatable defense. florida does. I am not a part of the team, and you are not a part of the longhorns. you are a fan. georgia barely beat kentucky, who destroyed louisville, who destroyed kansas state, who hung 550 yards on the sooners. lighten up. I think you take a game a little bit too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You have shown you have ZERO knowledge of football. At least Big XII fans can admit the SEC has good teams, I guess thats the difference between us we have class and knowledge and you SEC fans have neither. Maybe it's your scared because you know the BIG XII would put up 50 points on your unbeatable defense.

You bring up Baylor, well how is it that Georgia almost lost to Kentucky on the last second. SO please save this BS argument, if you want to call it that for anyone who doesn't know anything about college football. Like yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football