U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:11 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,374,048 times

Advertisements

the difference is ole miss has 4 losses. it's different when all the teams have 1 loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Could that same argument be made again for Ole Miss ranked ahead of Florida since they beat them?

But we shall see, it think the BCS polls come out after the Sunday games on fox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,341,112 times
Quote:
Could that same argument be made again for Ole Miss ranked ahead of Florida since they beat them?

But we shall see, it think the BCS polls come out after the Sunday games on fox
The updated polls are out, but we're still waiting for BCS.

You'll freak out that OU leapfrogged over the idle UT.

How can Alabama not be the unanimous #1?

Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM

florida has been receiving #1 votes for several weeks now. it started out as just 1, who I am assuming is an alumni, but after the south carolina game, another #1 vote appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,155,252 times
Alabama will remain #1. Oklahoma's runaway looked alot more impressive than Flroida beating Vanderbilt. Texas and florida have no real ganes left to prove they deserve to be at the top.Unless alabama or Oklahome a lose its going to take a hook and crook vote for them not to play for the national championship.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM

florida plays florida state and then alabama in the SEC championship game. what are you talking about? florida's blowout of LSU, georgia, and south carolina looked more impressive than OU's blowout of 0-11 washington and chattanooga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Alabama will remain #1. Oklahoma's runaway looked alot more impressive than Flroida beating Vanderbilt. Texas and florida have no real ganes left to prove they deserve to be at the top.Unless alabama or Oklahome a lose its going to take a hook and crook vote for them not to play for the national championship.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,680,071 times
Quote:

I fully expected it and sorry but I think is BS. Waiting for the BCS in what an hour or so

Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 PM

8,308 posts, read 34,491,086 times
Actually, I think the rankings are about right. With Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma and Texas occupying the first four positions, the SEC and Big XII Champs will play for the national title in January. Assuming the top four win out the season (also assuming you agree with that the top four teams are the best in the nation), that's really as close to a playoff as one can get.

By the way, I'm totally shocked by the OU - Tech outcome. I was expecting a good game regardless. I'm convinced.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I fully expected it and sorry but I think is BS. Waiting for the BCS in what an hour or so
I'm sure your happy that UT moved up to #2.

It looks like the BCS game will be the Florida/Alabama winner vs. the Texas/Oklahoma winner, like jimb said.

Too bad undefeated teams like Utah will get screwed.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,940,671 times
Quote:
I'm sure your happy that UT moved up to #2.

It looks like the BCS game will be the Florida/Alabama winner vs. the Texas/Oklahoma winner, like jimb said.

Too bad undefeated teams like Utah will get screwed.
Agree that the BCS will be SEC champ vs Big 12 champ. Still don't see why companies/NCAA cant make money having an 8 team tournament. Take conference champs from 6 BCS conferences plus two at large teams and play 3 games.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Agree that the BCS will be SEC champ vs Big 12 champ. Still don't see why companies/NCAA cant make money having an 8 team tournament. Take conference champs from 6 BCS conferences plus two at large teams and play 3 games.
If Obama gets his way, looks like the playoffs will come for college football. But the BCS will fight it. You'd think that the new Pres. will have more important things to worry about, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football