U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times

Advertisements

obama has no say in what college football does. get real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If Obama gets his way, looks like the playoffs will come for college football. But the BCS will fight it. You'd think that the new Pres. will have more important things to worry about, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,526 times
Quote:

It looks like the BCS game will be the Florida/Alabama winner vs. the Texas/Oklahoma winner, like jimb said.

Too bad undefeated teams like Utah will get screwed.

Well lets look at it shall we. Utah has the 54th hardest schedule, Lets compare that to Florida 6th, OU 5th and Texas#1. Maybe that has something to do with why they are ranked higher, I'm sure if we played Weber St, Colorado St, and Air Force we would be undefeated.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,321,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
obama has no say in what college football does. get real!
I agree. However, what a Pres. strongly desired often gets looked at, esp. w/ one that has so much popularity as an incoming Pres. The BCS can give him the finger if he asks them to look at a playoff system, but my feeling is they would consider it if Obama felt strongly about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Well lets look at it shall we. Utah has the 54th hardest schedule, Lets compare that to Florida 6th, OU 5th and Texas#1. Maybe that has something to do with why they are ranked higher, I'm sure if we played Weber St, Colorado St, and Air Force we would be undefeated.
Yes, I realize the strength of schedule (or lack thereof) has a big impact on polls. But there has to be a limit when 2-loss and 3-loss teams are ranked higher than an undefeated team.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:52 PM

I doubt it. it is popular among college football viewers, and we have been asking for one for 15 years. I have already read that they pretty much laughed him, and the viewers off.

Quote:
I agree. However, what a Pres. strongly desired often gets looked at, esp. w/ one that has so much popularity as an incoming Pres. The BCS can give him the finger if he asks them to look at a playoff system, but my feeling is they would consider it if Obama felt strongly about it.

Yes, I realize the strength of schedule (or lack thereof) has a big impact on polls. But there has to be a limit when 2-loss and 3-loss teams are ranked higher than an undefeated team.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. it is popular among college football viewers, and we have been asking for one for 15 years. I have already read that they pretty much laughed him, and the viewers off.
Is the BCS really popular among college football viewers? I know way more people who favor a playoff system than the current BCS. Granted, it could be a statistical oddity on my part, but I wonder if a poll has ever been conducted and if so, what its results were. Maybe someone should start a poll here in the Football sub-forum if they favor BCS or playoffs for college football.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:42 PM

no, I was saying that a playoff was popular among the people. it always has been. college football doesn't care. they will move to a playoff system when they feel like it. it might be a progression thing. next thing we have to look forward to is a +1 system. horray.

Quote:
Is the BCS really popular among college football viewers? I know way more people who favor a playoff system than the current BCS. Granted, it could be a statistical oddity on my part, but I wonder if a poll has ever been conducted and if so, what its results were. Maybe someone should start a poll here in the Football sub-forum if they favor BCS or playoffs for college football.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
they will move to a playoff system when they feel like it.

Or when the money is enough for them to switch.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:59 AM

Yes, it comes down to money. But an extra game for playoffs would mean more money, right? So what's the hold up?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, it comes down to money. But an extra game for playoffs would mean more money, right? So what's the hold up?
Maybe their just morons. Thats all I can come up with

Old 11-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Maybe their just morons. Thats all I can come up with
That can typically summarize many upper managements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football