U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,385,258 times

Advertisements

the sooners will beat TT on their home field

home field advantage is huge in College football if the teams are about even

Texas went to TT to play, had TT gone to Austin Texas would have won

TT does have a massive O-line, all of them 300 plus lbs, cant remember another team like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,319,045 times
The way TTU killed OSU, they should've leapfrogged Alabama to become #1. If TTU can beat OU this weekend, esp. in a similar convincing style, they should pass Alabama IMO.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,403,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
The way TTU killed OSU, they should've leapfrogged Alabama to become #1. If TTU can beat OU this weekend, esp. in a similar convincing style, they should pass Alabama IMO.
I'm amazed at the volume and intensity of the belief that OU handily beats Tech. To me, knocking off OSU was very telling. Historically, overachieving teams have been exposed as such immediately after a big victory; I'm very impressed that they performed as they did against a top 10 team the week after unseating the alpha.

Watching the line battle between UT and TT was very interesting to me and I don't think the score reflected how lopsided the trench war was. I agree that homefield advantage is huge in college, but I don't think the outcome would have been very different in Austin. If you don't control the line of scrimmage it's just too hard to make your own luck. Both sides of the line dominated UT. It's a stretch for me to think that a team that gave up 45 points to the longhorns isn't going to give up 60 to Tech.

This will be a very interesting weekend indeed. I think that if Tech holds or exceeds the #2 position this weekend they will be the national champs.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,641 times
OU 52 Tech 42

We will win because Bob Stoops said so.

This will be by far the loudest crowd Harrell has seen all year. Home field is huge. I think they actually might not look that good against OU, but maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part.

Leach hasn't won in Norman since 1999, when we was OC for Stoops.

OU's defense has been banged up recently, but has looked alot better in recent weeks.
I just hope we do a decent job covering kickoffs

The game in Stoolwater is going to be a tougher game for the Sooners than the one against Tech.

I don't get why so many people are saying the game against OU will tell us alot, OU is not the measuring stick for the Big XII. Tech has already beat Texas and OSU, Tech is a VERY good football team.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 2 days ago)

46,861 posts, read 37,027,875 times
Tech will definitely have their hands full in Norman. It's a hostile crowd and always a tough place to win. But if Tech can somehow pull off a win there, this team could pretty well do it. They recently found a way to beat my Longhorns, so we'll find out. This year's Red Raiders are the best Tech team that they've ever had.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
If TT and Alabama wins all their games leading up to the conference championships, the conference championships will be like a true play off and I doubt anyone can argue with the SEC champ and the Big 12 champ being worthy of playing for the national championship.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I doubt anyone can argue with the SEC champ and the Big 12 champ being worthy of playing for the national championship.
I agree, although I think you are giving USC fans too much credit.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,319,045 times
I admit I haven't followed TTU until recently (when they beat UT and then OSU). Both of those games were in Lubbock, right? How has TTU performed on the road? I know they won all those games, but did they dominate?

Even in the very close UT game which came down to the last sec., TTU dominated the stats.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,360,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Is this team really that good? I was expecting a meltdown against OSU but that was as clear a display of total dominance as I have ever seen. I've never seen an offensive line absolutely dominate tier one defensive fronts like these guys do. They remind me of the Nebraska line with Zach Wiegert, Brendan Stai et al. I predict Alabama and Tech win out, Tech wins by two scores in the National Championship game.
Alabama won't get in, Florida will beat them in the SEC Title Game. Florida and Texas Tech will be a heckuva game.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:53 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
Im a big Alabama fan, but beating Florida will be difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football