U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,390,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Alabama won't get in, Florida will beat them in the SEC Title Game. Florida and Texas Tech will be a heckuva game.
I have no statistical or matchup analysis to support why I think Alabama beats Florida in the SEC finale, it's just a gut feeling from watching the two teams. Either way, I agree that this will be a Big 12/SEC national championship game and it will be one for the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,228,883 times
OU 49
TT 35

This game won't be close. OU has better talent, a better coach (despite the BCS chokes), homefield, and more big game experience.

There is usually a letdown when these upstart programs break to the top. Think of Cal, West Virginia, South Florida, Oregon, Lousville...etc.

Mark my words, Tech will not make a BCS game this year.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:53 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Watching Game Day and how dumb is Desmond Howard, saying if OU beat Tech he would still rank Tech higher than OU because they are an exciting team. Scary that there are people who have a vote who would think like this.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
that's what a big 10 education will get ya. there are lots of exciting teams out there. there are lots of scenarios going on in the big 12 south. if ou beats t-tech, where does each team go? texas beats oklahoma, t-tech beats texas, oklahoma beats t-tech???? mass confusion for this horrible system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Watching Game Day and how dumb is Desmond Howard, saying if OU beat Tech he would still rank Tech higher than OU because they are an exciting team. Scary that there are people who have a vote who would think like this.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:38 AM

4,933 posts, read 6,795,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I admit I haven't followed TTU until recently (when they beat UT and then OSU). Both of those games were in Lubbock, right? How has TTU performed on the road? I know they won all those games, but did they dominate?

Even in the very close UT game which came down to the last sec., TTU dominated the stats.
Their most impressive win on the road was at Kansas during their homecoming. Kansas was ranked 17 at the time of the 63-21 trashing. No defense can stop this offense. Tech can only beat themselves.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:42 AM

4,933 posts, read 6,795,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
OU 49
TT 35

This game won't be close. OU has better talent, a better coach (despite the BCS chokes), homefield, and more big game experience.

There is usually a letdown when these upstart programs break to the top. Think of Cal, West Virginia, South Florida, Oregon, Lousville...etc.

Mark my words, Tech will not make a BCS game this year.
Texas had three of the four things you listed when taking on Tech in Lubbock. Tech won in spite of their less than stellar offensive performance. If Tech is firing on all cylinders, Oklahoma may very well lose by 21 points. Yall's defensive front and secondary are decimated.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Texas had three of the four things you listed when taking on Tech in Lubbock. Tech won in spite of their less than stellar offensive performance. If Tech is firing on all cylinders, Oklahoma may very well lose by 21 points. Yall's defensive front and secondary are decimated.
I would say if OU is firing on all cylinders tech may very well lose by 21.

Kansas has the worst pass defense in the conf. That is not a quality win for Tech, OU blew them out too.

OU leads the nation in turnover margin. This is why we win, 2-3 turnovers, a solid running game, and we will put pressure on Harrell.

I don't even think its going to be a close game.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
I think OU wins but would be SHOCKED if either team wins by more than 10. Of course Tech hasnt had a tough game on the road yet so we shall see.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM

588 posts, read 2,559,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I would say if OU is firing on all cylinders tech may very well lose by 21.

Kansas has the worst pass defense in the conf. That is not a quality win for Tech, OU blew them out too.

OU leads the nation in turnover margin. This is why we win, 2-3 turnovers, a solid running game, and we will put pressure on Harrell....
Tech has one of the largest offensive lines in the country; putting pressure on Harrell is easier said than done. Harrell has a very quick release on most of Tech's pass plays, and he has shown the ability to scramble when necessary. He has an army of talented receivers and it is evident that he handles mental pressure well.

Keep in mind that Tech, although ranked higher than OU, will likely be the underdog in this game (I haven't seen the official line yet). As the underdog, they have less "pressure" to win, and that will help them.
I think it will be a close game, with Tech coming away with the win.

Juggler, TTU class of '94

Old 11-16-2008, 02:29 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,538,378 times
OU beats Tech, and by at least a two touchdown margin.

BTW, the SEC will be BEAT DOWN by whichever Big XII team they meet in the NC game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football