U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
and would have gotten hammered alot worse had they played an SEC defense!

Who would have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
but LSU is a three loss team and can't play offense because their quarterback was kicked off the team. it's hard to play defense when your offense has a 3 and out all the time. the only thing I will say about USC, is that they have been overrated quite a bit. these "pro" players that USC is usually stacked with turn out to be busts. think of all the busts on that 2005 team.
I would counter this with LSU's offense is actually ranked higher than Bama's in total offense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,354,817 times
you won't hear me say great things about alabama's offense. they have a solid running game, and a great receiver in julio jones. other than that, their offense is pretty flat. florida is the most balanced team in the conference IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Who would have?

I would counter this with LSU's offense is actually ranked higher than Bama's in total offense

Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
and a great receiver in julio jones
He is a beast, I saw him I forget who they were playing but he just over powered a DB into the end zone, from like 5 yards out to.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,354,817 times
they have a really good running game. ingram and coffee are beasts. those kind of teams have always scared me in the past, but I am confident in the gators ability to control the game with running the ball. percy harvin had a sick game against south carolina.

Quote:
He is a beast, I saw him I forget who they were playing but he just over powered a DB into the end zone, from like 5 yards out to.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,819,189 times
Quote:
you won't hear me say great things about alabama's offense. they have a solid running game, and a great receiver in julio jones. other than that, their offense is pretty flat. florida is the most balanced team in the conference IMO.
When I watched their game last Sunday their offence didn't impress me, their defence did but it seemed they relied alot on special teams.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,064,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
Roll Tide! Bama will beat Florida in sec championship and crush the big 12 winner..........

Defense wins championships and nobody plays defense in the big 12!
crush the big 12 winner? I don't think so. If any team from the SEC has a chance to crush the big 12, it's Florida. I'm not impressed with Bama's offense whatsoever.

Now this is interesting to say. The Big 12's offenses are great because they play no defense. But can the same be said about the SEC just in reverse. That Florida and Alabama look so good on defense because the SEC offenses are so anemic? Big 12's offense are better than the SEC offense. But the SEC defense is better than the Big 12 defense. If you think the big 12 winner especially Texas or OU plays the SEC winner and it will be a cakewalk, you are in for a rude awakening.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Quote:
Okay lets talk 2008 Defenses. The SEC plays defense right? So the 20th ranked defense in LSU at home would have no trouble beating a team like say ohh Troy. Wait a minute, they gave up 380 yards and 31 points hardly fitting with the SEC defensive powerhouses.

Your point about USC not having a all time top 10 defense, so what. Is Florida or Bamas defense a top 10 all time? No. USC had one of the best defenses in 05 and lost to a high powered offense that was my point which you missed.
Agreed. I see the point you were trying to make and it was that a stout defense LOST to a prolific offense. Some people don't get it.

POINTS win championships; particularly the team that has the most POINTS at the end of the game.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
crush the big 12 winner? I don't think so. If any team from the SEC has a chance to crush the big 12, it's Florida. I'm not impressed with Bama's offense whatsoever.

Now this is interesting to say. The Big 12's offenses are great because they play no defense. But can the same be said about the SEC just in reverse. That Florida and Alabama look so good on defense because the SEC offenses are so anemic? Big 12's offense are better than the SEC offense. But the SEC defense is better than the Big 12 defense. If you think the big 12 winner especially Texas or OU plays the SEC winner and it will be a cakewalk, you are in for a rude awakening.
Florida is the only team in the SEC that can compete or win against the top tier of the Big XII. Alabama has no offense to speak of and there would be a thrashing of Alabama if they meet OU, Tech, or Texas. Oh, they'd hold the score down somewhat, for a little while, but I think those three teams out of the Big XII would eventually break the barrier and roll over the Tide.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:56 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,320,008 times
The game is on! So far, OU is winning 7-0.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
The game is on! So far, OU is winning 7-0.
now 14-0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football