U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 34,386,059 times
Reputation: 7083

Advertisements

Is this team really that good? I was expecting a meltdown against OSU but that was as clear a display of total dominance as I have ever seen. I've never seen an offensive line absolutely dominate tier one defensive fronts like these guys do. They remind me of the Nebraska line with Zach Wiegert, Brendan Stai et al. I predict Alabama and Tech win out, Tech wins by two scores in the National Championship game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,228,532 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Is this team really that good? I was expecting a meltdown against OSU but that was as clear a display of total dominance as I have ever seen. I've never seen an offensive line absolutely dominate tier one defensive fronts like these guys do. They remind me of the Nebraska line with Zach Wiegert, Brendan Stai et al. I predict Alabama and Tech win out, Tech wins by two scores in the National Championship game.
I wasn't aware that they've been up against a tier 1 defensive line. They're good, but I think OU will win easily. If they make it to the NC, they will lose handily to FL or USC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Leaburg, Or
340 posts, read 1,300,937 times
Reputation: 125
Texas Tech beat Texas only because Texas had poor clock management before they scored the go ahead touchdown.Why they didn't run off more time before the easy score; I don't know.And then to drop the easy interception on Texas Tech ensuing drive- it killed me to watch.I'll give Tech credit,but they didn't win that game; Texas lost it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
Texas Tech beat Texas only because Texas had poor clock management before they scored the go ahead touchdown.Why they didn't run off more time before the easy score; I don't know.And then to drop the easy interception on Texas Tech ensuing drive- it killed me to watch.I'll give Tech credit,but they didn't win that game; Texas lost it.
Well yes Tech did win the game, they made the game winning drive, they could of stuffed that final drive up and lost it but they didn't so I think that deserves that they win the game. Yes Texas really stuffed it up but Tech could of easily not got that final TD theirselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,351,543 times
Reputation: 835
they have a huge offensive line, but we will see what they can do once they face some speed on the outside. should be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 10:51 PM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,452,346 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Well yes Tech did win the game, they made the game winning drive, they could of stuffed that final drive up and lost it but they didn't so I think that deserves that they win the game. Yes Texas really stuffed it up but Tech could of easily not got that final TD theirselves.

I tottally agree.

I think Texas Tech is surprising some folks,even me but I know they got it in em. Im rooting for them to go all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,933 posts, read 6,794,484 times
Reputation: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
Texas Tech beat Texas only because Texas had poor clock management before they scored the go ahead touchdown.Why they didn't run off more time before the easy score; I don't know.And then to drop the easy interception on Texas Tech ensuing drive- it killed me to watch.I'll give Tech credit,but they didn't win that game; Texas lost it.
poor clock management? stop Tech from going down the field, and the Horns win the game. Yall couldn't do it when it counted. This game was won in the trenches. Tech manhandled Texas on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

The Texas game was far from being Tech's best performance. The rout against Kansas and a highly talanted OKSU team were much better examples of this team's prowess. They continue to play defense, and this team is unbeatable. That offense can't be stopped and OK state threw the entire book at Harrell. Nothing stopped Tech that game except themselves. They scored on every other drive that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,670,382 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
poor clock management? stop Tech from going down the field, and the Horns win the game. Yall couldn't do it when it counted. This game was won in the trenches. Tech manhandled Texas on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

The Texas game was far from being Tech's best performance. The rout against Kansas and a highly talanted OKSU team were much better examples of this team's prowess. They continue to play defense, and this team is unbeatable. That offense can't be stopped and OK state threw the entire book at Harrell. Nothing stopped Tech that game except themselves. They scored on every other drive that night.

If you want to be fair Texas could have been up to start but Shipley dropped that wide open pass or else he would have scored

However, we lost lets move past it. Tech is a good team Crabtree is a good WR the best in college football. You cant make any mistakes because if you do they will most likely score on every drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
43,534 posts, read 52,626,787 times
Reputation: 70762
I think this game vs OU will tell us a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 AM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,890,268 times
Reputation: 18049
I think tech has as good a chance to beat OK as Texas did. Florida has loss a game. The SEC just isn't the tough schedule it often is. I can think of at least five teams that could beat the other on any given day. Tech still has a long road ahead and many didn't see Texas lossing to anyone with their offense. All it takes is a a small bobble.Tech for example should have scored many more point in the first half against Texas and their defense looked bad in the second half especially for a very senior dominated team. Too many if's in that game like the easy drop by the defensive back to end the game. Still a long ways to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top