U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,540,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
all those big 12 homers are right. florida is terrible.
Do you have some sort of obsession with the Big 12 jmarquise?

Geez, almost every post I read from you is some sort of put down of the Big XII.

What's up with that?

This is a serious question and not intended to inflame.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:37 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,849 times
I am so disappointed with North Carolina losing to Maryland the way they did! Still a great season but a disaapointing loss today!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
no, I just think they are overrated and there seems to be lots of posters who seem to think that they are far and above the best division in college football. there are people who post here who think that a 1 loss big 12 team who does not win their conference would be more deserving of a national title game than a 1 loss SEC champion. there aren't any SEC guys on here besides me, and there are like 5 big 12 people. I am just a lone voice of opposition. to be fair to me, there is no way that almost every post you read from me is a put down of the big 12. look at how many posts I have for crying out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Do you have some sort of obsession with the Big 12 jmarquise?

Geez, almost every post I read from you is some sort of put down of the Big XII.

What's up with that?

This is a serious question and not intended to inflame.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:16 AM

maryland is weird. they kill cal, but lose to like middle tennessee state. they are a two headed monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am so disappointed with North Carolina losing to Maryland the way they did! Still a great season but a disaapointing loss today!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Quote:
no, I just think they are overrated and there seems to be lots of posters who seem to think that they are far and above the best division in college football. there are people who post here who think that a 1 loss big 12 team who does not win their conference would be more deserving of a national title game than a 1 loss SEC champion. there aren't any SEC guys on here besides me, and there are like 5 big 12 people. I am just a lone voice of opposition. to be fair to me, there is no way that almost every post you read from me is a put down of the big 12. look at how many posts I have for crying out loud.

We have the #2, #3,#5, #12, #13, teams in the country, please give me a response to that. Florida is 2-3 in Bowl games since 2003, how's that for overrated. You want to talk overrated LSU had to come back in the 4th to beat Troy at home, wow I mean Troy there's a power house.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,097,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Florida is 2-3 in Bowl games since 2003, how's that for overrated. You want to talk overrated LSU had to come back in the 4th to beat Troy at home, wow I mean Troy there's a power house.
Oklahoma is 1-4 in that same time frame, how is THAT for overrated?

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against OK, nothing against the Big XII, just saying...

Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM

"we" don't have any teams. you aren't a part of the big 12. I get kind of tired of having to explain simple things to you. #2 plays #5 next week, so someone will drop. then that same #5 team plays #13, so someone will drop. then one of those teams plays #12 for the championship. this isn't rocket science. when all is said and done, they conference will be left with a bunch of two loss teams. the "#3" texas team doesn't deserve any debate. their season ended in lubbock and they are going to drop to #4 in the BCS today. you do realize that when florida plays alabama in the SEC title game, there's a good chance that it will be #1 vs #2. talk all the crap you want about LSU, but at least troy has a winning record. unlike that powerful colorado team that ok state was unimpressive against. didn't texas struggle against ok state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
We have the #2, #3,#5, #12, #13, teams in the country, please give me a response to that. Florida is 2-3 in Bowl games since 2003, how's that for overrated. You want to talk overrated LSU had to come back in the 4th to beat Troy at home, wow I mean Troy there's a power house.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
" when all is said and done, they conference will be left with a bunch of two loss teams. the "#3" texas team doesn't deserve any debate. their season ended in lubbock and they are going to drop to #4 in the BCS today.
Okie state beatdown Troy 55-24.

How is Texas season over and FU is not? Just because FU won their division with one loss and Texas needs help with one loss?
I know the answer, its the media lovefest for FU.

I figure there will be 3 ONE LOSS teams from the Big XII.

No doubt FU is good, so is Tech, Texas, OU, and USC.
I'm not sold on 'Bama, the SEC is just too weak this year.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Quote:
"we" don't have any teams. you aren't a part of the big 12. I get kind of tired of having to explain simple things to you. #2 plays #5 next week, so someone will drop. then that same #5 team plays #13, so someone will drop. then one of those teams plays #12 for the championship. this isn't rocket science. when all is said and done, they conference will be left with a bunch of two loss teams. the "#3" texas team doesn't deserve any debate. their season ended in lubbock and they are going to drop to #4 in the BCS today. you do realize that when florida plays alabama in the SEC title game, there's a good chance that it will be #1 vs #2. talk all the crap you want about LSU, but at least troy has a winning record. unlike that powerful colorado team that ok state was unimpressive against. didn't texas struggle against ok state?

Im sorry your now saying LSU should be allowed to STRUGGLE to be Troy at home. HAHAHA now there's an argument that has ZERO realism behind it

Texas loss came to a top 5 team on the road, who did Florida lose to again? Wait an UNKRANKED team at home. I dont know why your so high on the Gators in a bowl because again they are 2-3 in Bowl games.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,540,797 times
jmarquise, you are in the advanced stages of homerism. I implore you to seek help. We don't want you to hurt yourself when an SEC team loses to the Big XII in the title game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football