U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,366,416 times
Reputation: 835

Advertisements

you must win your conference to play for a NC. don't blame me. that is why florida played ohio state over michigan in 2006. bama is good, they just aren't explosive. they are just well coached and consistent. I don't really see a media love fest for florida. I see the simple domination that they have shown over the last 5-6 games as being the reason they are where they are. sorry, 56-6 against a ranked team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Okie state beatdown Troy 55-24.

How is Texas season over and FU is not? Just because FU won their division with one loss and Texas needs help with one loss?
I know the answer, its the media lovefest for FU.

I figure there will be 3 ONE LOSS teams from the Big XII.

No doubt FU is good, so is Tech, Texas, OU, and USC.
I'm not sold on 'Bama, the SEC is just too weak this year.

 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,366,416 times
Reputation: 835
the gators have only been to 5 bowls? man, if that is the case, I guess their only two wins were national championships. I thought they had been to more bowls than that though. oh well, live and learn. so your argument is that you have no argument. reality will set in when florida jumps over texas for #3 in the BCS. the AP already has it right. florida lost in september. get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Im sorry your now saying LSU should be allowed to STRUGGLE to be Troy at home. HAHAHA now there's an argument that has ZERO realism behind it


Texas loss came to a top 5 team on the road, who did Florida lose to again? Wait an UNKRANKED team at home. I dont know why your so high on the Gators in a bowl because again they are 2-3 in Bowl games.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,366,416 times
Reputation: 835
well someone has to be a SEC homer. this forum has a big 12 bias big time. the SEC does pretty well in the title games. you should also know that I don't take a game that seriously. it's fun to talk trash about your team, but in the end, it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
jmarquise, you are in the advanced stages of homerism. I implore you to seek help. We don't want you to hurt yourself when an SEC team loses to the Big XII in the title game.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,676,530 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the gators have only been to 5 bowls? man, if that is the case, I guess their only two wins were national championships. I thought they had been to more bowls than that though. oh well, live and learn. so your argument is that you have no argument. reality will set in when florida jumps over texas for #3 in the BCS. the AP already has it right. florida lost in september. get over it.

You do realize you lost to an unranked team right and in the mighty Swamp? Oh and you beat a ranked team, yea #25 by your own argument a rankings shouldn't matter because teams will drop.

I meant 2-3 in bowl games in the last 5 years. If you want in the history of the school you still have a losing record being 16-19.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,366,416 times
Reputation: 835
you do realize that the gators jump the shorthorns today right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You do realize you lost to an unranked team right and in the mighty Swamp? Oh and you beat a ranked team, yea #25 by your own argument a rankings shouldn't matter because teams will drop.

I meant 2-3 in bowl games in the last 5 years. If you want in the history of the school you still have a losing record being 16-19.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,574,684 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
well someone has to be a SEC homer. this forum has a big 12 bias big time. the SEC does pretty well in the title games. you should also know that I don't take a game that seriously. it's fun to talk trash about your team, but in the end, it's a game.
I agree wholeheartedly. It is fun to talk trash but you're right, in the end it's a game.

I for one am glad you're on here talking up the SEC, it's undoubtedly at or near the top of the football "food chain" this year.

And that was an impressive win that Florida pulled off yesterday. Kudos to them!
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,676,530 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you do realize that the gators jump the shorthorns today right?

We shall see, anyway you still have to beat Bama so who really cares what the rankings are right now. My focus is on Tech vs OU and then OU vs Ok St. As much as I "enjoy" the SEC BigXII arguments my focus is on if the polls will vote OU ahead of Texas.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,366,416 times
Reputation: 835
agreed. it's much more fun to talk friendly trash to you, packersnut, and nevergoing back than the serious angry trash talk in the political forums! these forums are much better. my dad is a huge sooner fan. I have a football autographed by bob stoops and their entire championship team. my dad gave the team a motivational speech that year. I wasn't very high on florida after the ole miss game, but the streak they have been on has me more impressed with them than ever. no one has come close since. SC isn't a great team, but they are a bowl team who had until yesterday been playing good defense. 350 yards rushing is scary. reminds me of the old nebraska teams, with the exception of florida can actually pass. percy harvin is a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. It is fun to talk trash but you're right, in the end it's a game.

I for one am glad you're on here talking up the SEC, it's undoubtedly at or near the top of the football "food chain" this year.

And that was an impressive win that Florida pulled off yesterday. Kudos to them!
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,676,530 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
agreed. it's much more fun to talk friendly trash to you, packersnut, and nevergoing back than the serious angry trash talk in the political forums!

I think we have fun with it but people in those forum really seem to hate each other.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,574,684 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
agreed. it's much more fun to talk friendly trash to you, packersnut, and nevergoing back than the serious angry trash talk in the political forums! these forums are much better. my dad is a huge sooner fan. I have a football autographed by bob stoops and their entire championship team. my dad gave the team a motivational speech that year. I wasn't very high on florida after the ole miss game, but the streak they have been on has me more impressed with them than ever. no one has come close since. SC isn't a great team, but they are a bowl team who had until yesterday been playing good defense. 350 yards rushing is scary. reminds me of the old nebraska teams, with the exception of florida can actually pass. percy harvin is a monster.
Wow about your dad. For what it's worth, I think Florida takes out Alabama in the title game. They have too many horses for Alabama to keep up with, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top