U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,368,398 times

Advertisements

I think florida takes out bama too, but bama is solid. they play mistake free ball, but so do the gators. my dad got to watch every home sooner game with the governor of oklahoma from the luxury box or whatever they call it. must have been nice. too bad there is no college football around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow about your dad. For what it's worth, I think Florida takes out Alabama in the title game. They have too many horses for Alabama to keep up with, IMO.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:00 AM

no crap, and if you hang out in that forum enough, you start to dislike some of the people as well! too much circular debate there. at least here the debate can change weekly. like next week, after florida loses to the citadel, I am going to be looking pretty foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I think we have fun with it but people in those forum really seem to hate each other.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,677,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no crap, and if you hang out in that forum enough, you start to dislike some of the people as well! too much circular debate there. at least here the debate can change weekly. like next week, after florida loses to the citadel, I am going to be looking pretty foolish.

Ha I would Take Florida and the points. I am just waiting for Texas to over look A & M for a third year and lose and making my head explode.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,579,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Ha I would Take Florida and the points. I am just waiting for Texas to over look A & M for a third year and lose and making my head explode.

A&M is going to get stomped by the Horns this year. The Horns are going to be looking to make a statement to stay in the title hunt. I don't think it will even be close.

jmarquise, I think you can rest assured the Gators will take care of the mighty Citadel.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,022,063 times
O.K. Now let's talk about a real team. The Ducks rolled in the first half (but had to hold on at the end) to beat the Arizona Wildcats 55-45. Our young QB, Jeremiah Masoli (a name you may keep in mind-he had offers to play at Auburn) threw for a career high 298 yards, 2 tds, and ran for 89 yards, 3 tds. The Ducks debuted new alternate uniforms, "Lights Out" designed by the infamous Tinker Hatfield-the man behind Air Jordans. What do you think?

Last edited by Acuda; 11-16-2008 at 12:11 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 12:41 PM

no wonder he didn't go to auburn. he can actually put up numbers. auburn QB's suck for the most part. the only thing auburn QB's can put up is unfortunately victories against the gators. I didn't see the game. I get ACC games, then the nationally televised SEC game on CBS. I can't stand all the oregon uniform combos. I liked when they had the solid green when harrington was there. they looked like lizards. big win for oregon though. they played better than USC did against arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
O.K. Now let's talk about a real team. The Ducks rolled in the first half (but had to hold on at the end) to beat the Arizona Wildcats 55-45. Our young QB, Jeremiah Masoli (a name you may keep in mind-he had offers to play at Auburn) threw for a career high 298 yards, 2 tds, and ran for 89 yards, 3 tds. The Ducks debuted new alternate uniforms, "Lights Out" designed by the infamous Tinker Hatfield-the man behind Air Jordans. What do you think?

Old 11-16-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no wonder he didn't go to auburn. he can actually put up numbers. auburn QB's suck for the most part. the only thing auburn QB's can put up is unfortunately victories against the gators. I didn't see the game. I get ACC games, then the nationally televised SEC game on CBS. I can't stand all the oregon uniform combos. I liked when they had the solid green when harrington was there. they looked like lizards. big win for oregon though. they played better than USC did against arizona.
Yeah, Auburn is not an offensive power. Interesting to note though, Masoli was just 11 yards (passing) and 2 yards (running) from a 300/100 yard game for a qb. He would have been the first Duck to ever do so. Not even Dennis Dixon put up those numbers last year. It's great because he has only been in Eugene since the summer. The next two years look bright offensively. Plus, the rumors are swirling that the #1 back in the nation may like Oregon over Miami (where he is committed) after his visit.

That was a huge win for us. We have limped along this year with major defensive struggles (fans near revolt over our Defensive Coordinator), inexperienced qbs, and receivers who drop the ball consistently, yet, we have a shot to get to the Holiday Bowl. I would love a match up with Texas. There would be a whole lot of taunting here in Austin if that were to happen. But, I'd get no lovin' from my girlfriend (dang UT girl). Next year, the schedule turns back in out favor with all tough conference games at home. We could be a dark horse for a BCS bid next year, but with the Ducks' luck, who knows?

Florida really impressed me. I've got Florida playing the best right now.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:49 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,579,448 times
I like Oregon's helmets. Other than that, I can't stand the team for the rippoff win they had against OU with the blown calls by the PAC 10 officials.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:04 PM

oregon, from my understanding, has great facilities. that is a big selling point when recruiting. I know they were in the finals to get terrel pryor who went to ohio state for the simple fact that the facilities impressed him. I can honestly say that in my 25 years as a gator fan, I have not seen them playing like this. outside the ole miss game, no other game has been competitive. most of them have been over at halftime. they freaking ran ALL over south carolina. SC isn't great, but they sure as hell aren't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, Auburn is not an offensive power. Interesting to note though, Masoli was just 11 yards (passing) and 2 yards (running) from a 300/100 yard game for a qb. He would have been the first Duck to ever do so. Not even Dennis Dixon put up those numbers last year. It's great because he has only been in Eugene since the summer. The next two years look bright offensively. Plus, the rumors are swirling that the #1 back in the nation may like Oregon over Miami (where he is committed) after his visit.

That was a huge win for us. We have limped along this year with major defensive struggles (fans near revolt over our Defensive Coordinator), inexperienced qbs, and receivers who drop the ball consistently, yet, we have a shot to get to the Holiday Bowl. I would love a match up with Texas. There would be a whole lot of taunting here in Austin if that were to happen. But, I'd get no lovin' from my girlfriend (dang UT girl). Next year, the schedule turns back in out favor with all tough conference games at home. We could be a dark horse for a BCS bid next year, but with the Ducks' luck, who knows?

Florida really impressed me. I've got Florida playing the best right now.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I like Oregon's helmets. Other than that, I can't stand the team for the rippoff win they had against OU with the blown calls by the PAC 10 officials.
Yeah, you did get shafted. But there were bad calls across the board. Pac-10 refs are HORRIBLE! Next time, stop a team from scoring 14 points in less than a minute and don't get a field goal blocked.

I'm in the same boat as you. I had respect for OU, but after how your president whined, I lost a ton of respect for y'all. Plus, Mike Stoops is here in the Pac-10 and he is a complete moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football