U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,357,562 times

Advertisements

I also forgot how fast percy harvin was. good god! I can't believe the amount of separation he got on that 80 yard run. I wonder what he will play in the NFL. he's not a true running back, nor is he a true receiver.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:08 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
oregon, from my understanding, has great facilities. that is a big selling point when recruiting. I know they were in the finals to get terrel pryor who went to ohio state for the simple fact that the facilities impressed him. I can honestly say that in my 25 years as a gator fan, I have not seen them playing like this. outside the ole miss game, no other game has been competitive. most of them have been over at halftime. they freaking ran ALL over south carolina. SC isn't great, but they sure as hell aren't that bad.
Yeah, the Gamecocks have a stout defense. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Florida to win it all. I wouldn't want them to, but they look mean now. I think it would be interesting to see them play Tech. How do you think they would do against a good spread offense? I know USC has a great defense, but they seem to struggle a bit with the spread. Has Florida played a good spread offense (Auburn does not count as good )?

Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I also forgot how fast percy harvin was. good god! I can't believe the amount of separation he got on that 80 yard run. I wonder what he will play in the NFL. he's not a true running back, nor is he a true receiver.
Maybe a similar role as Bush, but with more emphasis as a receiver. Bush is not a true NFL back and I think they need to use him more as a slot receiver/back.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
oregon, from my understanding, has great facilities. that is a big selling point when recruiting. I know they were in the finals to get terrel pryor who went to ohio state for the simple fact that the facilities impressed him. I can honestly say that in my 25 years as a gator fan, I have not seen them playing like this. outside the ole miss game, no other game has been competitive. most of them have been over at halftime. they freaking ran ALL over south carolina. SC isn't great, but they sure as hell aren't that bad.
Strange thing was, he never saw the facilities. He just heard about them. He never visited. He is a great prospect, but a typical kid. He wanted to get a little attention and with him linked to Nike U, I think it ramped up the speculation a bit more. It's cool, he is a great talent. Yeah, Oregon is getting more attention and I think if we continue to land more and more blue chip players we can begin to compete for top 10 spots every year and the odd NC every few years. I have a feeling the Ducks will be in the NC race in a few years. We have some major offensive talent that are freshmen. Now, if we could only stop other teams.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,553,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, you did get shafted. But there were bad calls across the board. Pac-10 refs are HORRIBLE! Next time, stop a team from scoring 14 points in less than a minute and don't get a field goal blocked.

I'm in the same boat as you. I had respect for OU, but after how your president whined, I lost a ton of respect for y'all. Plus, Mike Stoops is here in the Pac-10 and he is a complete moron.

The calls in that game with Oregon were atrocious. I mean, out and out horrible. That game should have been an OU win without a doubt and it was STOLEN from them by the referees. I agree that they shouldn't have let Oregon score, but the bottom line is that we got shafted.

It's not whining when there is a legit reason to ***** about the way that game was officiated.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 PM

it's bittersweet beating SC like that. without spurrier, the gators as we know them don't exist. the closest thing that to a spread that florida has played would be hawaii, but I think you wanted a good team. I personally think that they would play incredibly well against the spread for one reason. that defense turns the ball over. their turnover margin is insane. if texas tech thinks they can throw the ball 60 times and not turn it over, they are crazy. if you throw a lot of interceptions, you will not beat florida. this is the first year that I don't see a weakness on florida. I saw a weakness on the NC team in 06. special teams. this year they have a great punter, kicker, return man, and kick coverage. I just can't see a weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, the Gamecocks have a stout defense. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Florida to win it all. I wouldn't want them to, but they look mean now. I think it would be interesting to see them play Tech. How do you think they would do against a good spread offense? I know USC has a great defense, but they seem to struggle a bit with the spread. Has Florida played a good spread offense (Auburn does not count as good )?

Old 11-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The calls in that game with Oregon were atrocious. I mean, out and out horrible. That game should have been an OU win without a doubt and it was STOLEN from them by the referees. I agree that they shouldn't have let Oregon score, but the bottom line is that we got shafted.

It's not whining when there is a legit reason to ***** about the way that game was officiated.
When the president of an educational institution of higher learning gets on tv and calls out the Pac-10 conference saying OU should not play against any of the teams in the future, it is whining and pathetic. Plus, it shows just what OU's priorities are...football.

So, with that being said, check out these little calls Boomer Sooner benefited from:

Exhibit A- OU vs. UAB

YouTube - UAB get's hosed by the Sooners

Exhibit B- OU vs. UO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRxkfxF6DFI

Plus, the Sooners got a touchdown when the refs missed a holding call on another drive. Refs suck, period. You got jacked a bit, but quit yer yappin' and "let's all get along."

Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
We all get hosed sometimes. The one call I will never forget was Ohio St vs Miami in 03 for the national Championship. It was 4th and 3 if Miami stopped St they win. They threw up a ball which the Ohio St guy caught then was hit and dropped. About 10 seconds later they throw a flag and call PI, to quote Mike Gundy, THATS GARBAGE.

Video Link

Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,553,261 times
Well, check out the FOLLOWING (HORRIBLE) calls by the PAC 10 officials.

College football, among other things, is money. Yes, as much as you might want to think it is about pride and all, it's about money. The President of an educational institution of higher learning has every right to speak out about the THEFT that the role of the PAC 10 officials in that game.

You want some evidence?

YouTube - Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oregon Ducks Officiating Controversy

Old 11-16-2008, 02:52 PM

sorry, you all can complain about all you want. there is NOTHING worse than this.

YouTube - Final drive. Missouri. 1990. 5th down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football