U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
28,114 posts, read 22,906,116 times
Reputation: 33606
I agree, Rtom...which is why I think USC keeps getting these ridiculously high pre-season rankings year after year only to be exposed later for who/what they really are.

 
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
 
Location: 46201
6,748 posts, read 7,647,017 times
Reputation: 3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree, Rtom...which is why I think USC keeps getting these ridiculously high pre-season rankings year after year only to be exposed later for who/what they really are.
I disagree. USC is a football factory right now. There biggest problem is their conference. It is tough to stay focused when you are two touchdowns better than everyone in your conference.
 
Old 11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,158,259 times
Reputation: 835
the football factory of failure. they produce a lot of busts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
I disagree. USC is a football factory right now. There biggest problem is their conference. It is tough to stay focused when you are two touchdowns better than everyone in your conference.
 
Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
 
Location: 46201
6,748 posts, read 7,647,017 times
Reputation: 3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the football factory of failure. they produce a lot of busts.
They did produce Matt Le.....oh wait; well what about Matt Willia....oh, hold on; Jesse Palm...oops, wrong school; ummm, let's see, Carson Palmer is good. LenDale White and Troy Palamalu have done allright. Larry McGinest, he is a Trojan. Lynn Swann. They all played last week against (whomever USC played, Bye maybe).
 
Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,158,259 times
Reputation: 835
carson palmer had one good year, and one decent year. lendale white is a backup. palamalu is good. matt leinart can't be considered a bust yet because he got benched in favor of a 50 year old, whose proving that the team has talent. reggie bush averages 1.2 yards a carry. he is nothing more than a brian mitchel. mike williams is out of football. he couldn't even make the titans. name one receiver on the titans. keith rivers got his face broken in half by hines ward and is out for the season. who were the matt le, matt williams, and jesse palm you were talking about. jesse palmer? the backup QB from florida? I am afraid that the only USC QB doing well right now is matt cassell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
They did produce Matt Le.....oh wait; well what about Matt Willia....oh, hold on; Jesse Palm...oops, wrong school; ummm, let's see, Carson Palmer is good. LenDale White and Troy Palamalu have done allright. Larry McGinest, he is a Trojan. Lynn Swann. They all played last week against (whomever USC played, Bye maybe).
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:31 PM
 
Location: 46201
6,748 posts, read 7,647,017 times
Reputation: 3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
carson palmer had one good year, and one decent year. lendale white is a backup. palamalu is good. matt leinart can't be considered a bust yet because he got benched in favor of a 50 year old, whose proving that the team has talent. reggie bush averages 1.2 yards a carry. he is nothing more than a brian mitchel. mike williams is out of football. he couldn't even make the titans. name one receiver on the titans. keith rivers got his face broken in half by hines ward and is out for the season. who were the matt le, matt williams, and jesse palm you were talking about. jesse palmer? the backup QB from florida? I am afraid that the only USC QB doing well right now is matt cassell.
I think you missed the jestful nature of my post.

On to week 14!
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,158,259 times
Reputation: 835
week 14 starts with texas vs. texas A&M on thursday. that game could actually mean something in the national title picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
I think you missed the jestful nature of my post.

On to week 14!
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:43 PM
 
6,758 posts, read 7,000,028 times
Reputation: 2921
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
week 14 starts with texas vs. texas A&M on thursday. that game could actually mean something in the national title picture.
yes it could. If Texas fails to completely dominat A&M, and the OU pummels OSU as bad as they did Texas Tech, OU would most likely take over and play Missouri, then the national championship game, so long as they beat Missouri.

Florida being ranked #2 in the AP25 was an absolute freaking joke. Losing at home to a team that was unranked and is now barely ranked, while Texas, Oklahoma, and TXTech have only lost to each other? What a joke. At least one of the 2 SEC teams will be pushed out of the championship.

Did I mention we need a playoff?
 
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,158,259 times
Reputation: 835
florida should actually be ranked number 1. they had one close game. a game in which they dominated, and had two fumbles inside their own red zone and lost on a blocked XP. they have destroyed everyone else they have played. each of their last 7 games have been over by halftime. yes, one of the two SEC teams will be pushed out of the championship, and when florida plays whoever comes out of the big 12, I have a feeling one of the conferences will be exposed. take a guess which conference I think is overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
yes it could. If Texas fails to completely dominat A&M, and the OU pummels OSU as bad as they did Texas Tech, OU would most likely take over and play Missouri, then the national championship game, so long as they beat Missouri.

Florida being ranked #2 in the AP25 was an absolute freaking joke. Losing at home to a team that was unranked and is now barely ranked, while Texas, Oklahoma, and TXTech have only lost to each other? What a joke. At least one of the 2 SEC teams will be pushed out of the championship.

Did I mention we need a playoff?
 
Old 11-24-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,108 posts, read 1,052,657 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
florida should actually be ranked number 1. they had one close game. a game in which they dominated, and had two fumbles inside their own red zone and lost on a blocked XP. they have destroyed everyone else they have played. each of their last 7 games have been over by halftime. yes, one of the two SEC teams will be pushed out of the championship, and when florida plays whoever comes out of the big 12, I have a feeling one of the conferences will be exposed. take a guess which conference I think is overrated.

Texas Loss was in the last second to a ranked team. Im just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top