U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:11 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,015,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatex View Post
It's not arrogance if you can back it up. Alabama fans are proud of their team, but their team is CURRENTLY #1 and they packed the stadium absolutely full during the years when it wasn't.

The reason Texas A&M shills choose to trash Alabama is most likely because of A&M's "brilliant" decision to "steal" Dennis Franchione from Alabama to be their head coach a few years ago. Alabama told them they were getting a dud, but A&M people with their noses in the air thought Alabama was just being "sour grapes." No, the Alabama people were being absolutely honest and correct. Franchione indeed proved to be a dud at A&M. Yet, A&M people still trash Alabama for some irrational reason known 'only to agricultural schools.
Arrogance is not simply about whether you're good or not. The fans of Alabama (obviously I haven't met them all) have made me not pull for them as I used too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
I am not sure I can name the worse and best but LSU has a great fan base. One of the worst places to play away from home really becuase of the noise. Death valley

Old 11-22-2008, 11:18 PM

33 posts, read 86,416 times
Oh, Alatex. You will be washing my car after Tebow takes you people to school.
We really dont care if Auburn beats you. We just want to make sure you are watching UF play after you havne played your bowl game. 'Bama has had too many close ball games. Many. They really need a kill-shot. I really thing UF will beat them. The only defense that would scare me would be SoCal, but they shot themselves in the foot against Oregon St. SoCal vs Florida would be an outstanding matchup, but we wont see it. It will be either Fl or Bama vs a big Ten team, and I will have to pull for Bama if that happens. But, lets see what happens at the SEC champ game.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,101,540 times
I am a Texas Tech fan; Red Raider to the bone.

But as much as it pains me to admit, Aggie fans are the most loyal and enthusiastic, in Texas anyway. A&M has not been relevant for several years now, but I dare anyone to drop in on Kyle Field on any given Saturday during the month of October or November and not be overwhelmed by the show of unbridled support by the fans, students, and citizens of Bryan-College Station.

Tech and UT fans are great in supporting their respective teams, don't get me wrong. But I have to give just props to the school that came up with the 12th Man.

Worst fans have got to be USC. Sooooooo arrogant and snotty.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 AM

3,545 posts, read 7,699,251 times
Sept. 23 will mark the 300th Consecutive Home Sellout for the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

I really can't think of a Worst.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,847,356 times
Went to see Michigan vs. San Jose State for one of those tune up games.

UM was up in a stupid way....42 -3 or something like that late in the game.

SJSU scored a touchdown with little time left and the "fans" in the end zone threw trash at the receiver.

Classless.

My favorite team is the Eastern Michigan University Eagles.

My second favorite team is anyone who's playing against Michigan.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,574,384 times
The Penn State Nittany Lions...always a home sellout of over 106,000.....Plus the fans are loud, very loud....and before the game they tail gate for hours. I have been to games where the stadium "wave" goes on over a half hour. Obviviously the people who did the poll are somewhat skewed in their opinion...in my opinion. Believe me...the fans really know the game and the rules. I grant the stadium is kinda in the middle of "nowhere"...but so is the University.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 PM

840 posts, read 2,047,759 times
All Sec fans! Anyone surprised?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,210,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
All Sec fans! Anyone surprised?
it's funny how people hate you for winning. Calling the small 10. let me know when you win a NC.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,819,690 times
Its not about hating teams who win, its just teams fans who win, thump their chests about it that its ridiculous, and when they lose, they can't handle it,start making excuses.

Its alright winning but no need to brag about it so much when you can't handle losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football