Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,800,235 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this list is biased from an Aggie standpoint (the person who runs the site is an A&M fan), but I think his number one pick is spot on. Kudos to Nebraska Cornhusker fans, I agree with your number one ranking. There's hardly a better place to attend a game than in Lincoln from a fan standpoint.

Best and Worst Fans in College Football « Hellspawned Javelinas
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,797,858 times
I have been to a pitt game, and it sucked. they play at the steelers stadium for crying out loud. I disagree with the alabama thing. ohio state fans are by far the worst. I think that UNC might support their team in the coming years. butch davis has turned the program around, and they actually have a very nice stadium.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:46 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,269,991 times
I would counter the no one attends games with:

97,201 vs Rice
97,715 vs Baylor
97,833 vs Arkansas
98,053 vs FAU
98,383 vs Mizzu
98,518 vs Ok St

I was at Texas vs Ohio St, no one cheers for Texas sorry that BS

Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,131,299 times
Yeah, Go Huskers. I would have to nominate Colorado fans as among the worst. Or at least the way they treat Nebraskan's we they travel out there. Slashing tires, breaking windows, throwing snowballs, throwing cups of urine, student section got kicked out of a game, and now they have a lazer pointing incident from the Okie State game.

Suprised Oklahoma wasn't on there, they have some good fans.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Yeah, Go Huskers. I would have to nominate Colorado fans as among the worst. Or at least the way they treat Nebraskan's we they travel out there. Slashing tires, breaking windows, throwing snowballs, throwing cups of urine, student section got kicked out of a game, and now they have a lazer pointing incident from the Okie State game.

Suprised Oklahoma wasn't on there, they have some good fans.
Being a Sooner fan, that comment is much appreciated! I have great respect for the Huskers and their fans. Over the years of attending games I can honestly say that I never met a Husker fan that I didn't like.

There must be something good in that Omaha beef and Nebraska corn!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:45 PM

8,772 posts, read 10,174,111 times
I'm curious as to whether or not the guy who made this list has been to all these and other college stadiums or just looked at a similar list and did his own interpretation. Some things you can't really prove, like A&M the friendliest college campus for instance.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'm curious as to whether or not the guy who made this list has been to all these and other college stadiums or just looked at a similar list and did his own interpretation. Some things you can't really prove, like A&M the friendliest college campus for instance.
To be honest, I think he is very biased. I just agree with his number one pick, the Huskers.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,779,278 times
I would agree with most of his picks as I've visited many Big 10 and Big 12 schools for games. Ohio State fans are much more arrogant than Michigan fans, and I'm a Minnesota alum whose seen his team get pounded by both of them. Wisconsin is always a good place to take in a game, excellent tailgating. I dont think Texas has bad fans, its just that they are often up by a lot in the 3rd quarter...and 6th street is just down the road. The Aggie cult is a good and polite fan, except you seem to walk a long way from tailgate to stadium.
LSU fans are a blast to party with...if your rooting for LSU, they can be quite hostile to visitors. Auburn fans are nice, but Alabama fans are another arrogant group, they think its still the 70s, and hairstyles reflect this.

Im getting a gauge on Ok State and OU now that I reside in OK. My impression is that many OU fans like to be the in your face type, but most of those are not students or alumni. We'll see how the OSU gang is now that they are experiencing more success.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,779,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
The Aggies are very friendly, its almost strange to experience it (but its a good place to check out the game and its crowd). Just dont walk on the grass though.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:46 PM

384 posts, read 1,574,449 times
Quote:
Alabama fans are another arrogant group, they think its still the 70s, and hairstyles reflect this.
It's not arrogance if you can back it up. Alabama fans are proud of their team, but their team is CURRENTLY #1 and they packed the stadium absolutely full during the years when it wasn't.

The reason Texas A&M shills choose to trash Alabama is most likely because of A&M's "brilliant" decision to "steal" Dennis Franchione from Alabama to be their head coach a few years ago. Alabama told them they were getting a dud, but A&M people with their noses in the air thought Alabama was just being "sour grapes." No, the Alabama people were being absolutely honest and correct. Franchione indeed proved to be a dud at A&M. Yet, A&M people still trash Alabama for some irrational reason known only to agricultural schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football