U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Will the longhorns come out on top?
HECK YEA!! Its the Longhorns baby 5 19.23%
Yes 5 19.23%
No 12 46.15%
Are you kidding? There is no way. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2008, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
271 posts, read 957,176 times
Reputation: 133

Advertisements

I wish that was the case, but sometimes a bad game, is just a bad game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2008, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
271 posts, read 957,176 times
Reputation: 133
ok, how about now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,677,697 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
ok, how about now?

As much as I want o say Yes. I know they wont. I mean they beat Kansas and A&M more convincingly than OU did, hell they even beat OU. However the pollsters dont care they saw OU over Tech and thats that. Texas will play USC in the Fiesta bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
271 posts, read 957,176 times
Reputation: 133
Well we can hope for an upset coming OU's way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 84,101,109 times
Reputation: 18054
I thnik that Oklahoma always has that loss to Texas by Ten points that will kill them if they beat OSU. It will be hard to jump them to the #2 position over a tean that beat them. The BCS knows that this world be adding wood to the fire that is already there.It wopuld mean that winning doesn't mean much and politcs shows plainly. I think it will be Teaxs verus Missouri for the big twelve championship unless they lose. Otherwise their will always be those that say you can win but it means little.Tech's chance depend on OSU winning for the same reason and Oklahoma having two losses and Tech's win over Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,677,697 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
Well we can hope for an upset coming OU's way

Well that might hurt us because Tech would be in the Big XII game. However I think if OU loses Tech wins the Big XII I dont see them jumping Texas in the BCS polls, not after that loss to OU. So then you have a Texas team ranked higher than it's conference winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So then you have a Texas team ranked higher than it's conference winner.
I would hope longwhorn fans wouldn't want to or hope for a backdoor to the NC game over a team with a better record that they lost to.
Now if that happened, Tech would have a true argument about head to head since it would only be a two way tie. Altough It might not even be two way tie, tech would have a better record and the head to head if they won in KC.
Not this 45-35 crap we have now when there is still a three way tie. IMO that campaign makes longwhorn fans look like crybabies. I think it might actually hurt their cause, they just lost to Tech 3 weeks ago. OU lost nearly two months ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
. However the pollsters dont care they saw OU over Tech and thats that. Texas will play USC in the Fiesta bowl.
The pollsters care, there is just more weight put on BIG wins in November.
hence Tech over UT and OU over Tech.

I am not so sure that OU will jump texass if OUr team wins in stoolwater. In a three way tie none of us can complain cause we all lost to each other.

Also the whorns looked WAY less impressive against aTm at home than OU did against them on the road, OUr team had them 38-7 at half then called off the dogs.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-28-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,677,697 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post





Also the whorns looked WAY less impressive against aTm at home than OU did against them on the road, OUr team had them 38-7 at half then called off the dogs.

Are you serious? We gave up 9 points you gave up 28. Dont give me the it was the backups that allowed the stats. In that our starting defense gave up 9 point yours gave up 14. Our defense held them to -25 yards rushing and 269 total yards. OU gave up 278 total yards. So please point out how that wasnt more impressive. Same argument for Kansas, we played much better defense than OU, and held them to 7 points while OU gave up 31 at home.

If you have stats that show any argument please provide them, or else your arguments have no facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 01:43 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
In that our starting defense gave up 9 point yours gave up 14. Our defense held them to -25 yards rushing and 269 total yards. OU gave up 278 total yards.
If you have stats that show any argument please provide them, or else your arguments have no facts.
Those stats look good to me.

OUr team still has the #1 Offense in the land and the best defense in the Big XII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,677,697 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Those stats look good to me.

OUr team still has the #1 Offense in the land and the best defense in the Big XII.

Sorry once again your wrong and I have stats to prove it. Texas is ranked 53rd and OU is ranked 56th in the nation as shown in the NCAA's website. So once again you make comments that have nothing behind them. In case you didn't know this just because you say something it isnt true as you seem to think

Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top