Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 AM

422 posts, read 1,446,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
To me, the bottom line is this:

OU CRUSHED Cincinnati and TCU; two teams ranked in the top 13 of the BCS. The crushed Texas Tech as well; so Oklahoma CRUSHED 3 teams in the top 13. Texas beat Florida Atlantic and Rice? Oklahoma deserves a crack at the Big XII title and national title.
yeah...ummmmm...45-35

Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,583,219 times
ummmmm #1 SOS. Only team to win big game on the road. Only team to beat 4 ranked opp. I might as well bang my head against a wall. I know that A three way tie is hard to comprehend for whorn fans, but come on.

39-33
65-21

Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,808,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
yeah...ummmmm...45-35
Yeah.

I don't want to hear one more person say that a playoff would ruin the regular season. This is a PERFECT counter example of that argument.

Out of the losses between the three Big XII teams, Texas lost by the least points. OU lost by 10, and not only did Tech lose by more than 40, they had to come back against the bottom-feeders of the Big XII, Baylor, so they're out of the question.

I don't care what anyone says about "style points", we still beat OU head to head and that should count for something.
Bottom line is: Texas got SCREWED!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM

8,955 posts, read 17,194,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
yeah...ummmmm...45-35
In a three way tie, this doesn't matter.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 AM

8,955 posts, read 17,194,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah.

I don't want to hear one more person say that a playoff would ruin the regular season. This is a PERFECT counter example of that argument.

Out of the losses between the three Big XII teams, Texas lost by the least points. OU lost by 10, and not only did Tech lose by more than 40, they had to come back against the bottom-feeders of the Big XII, Baylor, so they're out of the question.

I don't care what anyone says about "style points", we still beat OU head to head and that should count for something.
If Texas doesn't want to get screwed in the future; how about not playing Florida Atlantic and Rice? OU SOS is better than Texas; which puts them over the top in the computer rankings. The head to head argument hold no water in a three way tie.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Nice try, but the championship wasn't played in the Cotton Bowl. By your logic, Tech should be rated higher than UT because they won the head to head.

Boomer Sooner!

Looking at the games it seems that points wise Texas lose to Tech in the last seconds by less than one touchdown. Oklahoma routed tech and Texas beat Oklahoma by 10 poihts. That is why Texas was rated ahead of Oklahoma unitl the last week. Clearly Texas came much closer to being undefeated. In the end the only way that a national chamion will be believed is if Oklahoma loses to Florida or alabama. Otherwise Oklahomas win will always be overshadowed by now they got into the game and the fact that they loss to Texas who had the same record.It sems stylepoiunt will become very popular now and few others than the first string will get to play in games.Besides the fact that Texas;Tech and oklahoma will always be co-champions in the Big 12 South.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,808,336 times
I think that the SEC settles tie breakers by margin of victory. oklahoma won that category. I don't really like that though because it encourages running up the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,135,030 times
Ok, but see how a Big 12 championship game between Missou and OU is worthless? Who wants to watch that farce of a game? Having OU and Texas play each other again to finally decide who should go up makes way better football watching.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:32 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,808,336 times
that is absurd. they are broken up into two divisions. people need to just get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok, but see how a Big 12 championship game between Missou and OU is worthless? Who wants to watch that farce of a game? Having OU and Texas play each other again to finally decide who should go up makes way better football watching.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,127,697 times
I always laugh when a 1 loss team states their arguement.

If you have --no losses-------you at least have an arguement.

Why do Big 12 teams argue?
Just win your games !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football