U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,194,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I always laugh when a 1 loss team states their arguement.

If you have --no losses-------you at least have an arguement.

Why do Big 12 teams argue?
Just win your games !
The only other undefeated teams other than Bama are Utah, Boise St., and Ball St.

Sadly, the BCS will pick one of their own over any Mid-major conf.

So once again..... THE BCS is B.S.!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:43 PM

43,566 posts, read 52,728,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I always laugh when a 1 loss team states their arguement.

If you have --no losses-------you at least have an arguement.

Why do Big 12 teams argue?
Just win your games !
You'll get no argument from me.
When Texas didn't bother to show up in Lubbock to play football, I told my wife, "Don't bother watching the rest of the season. We're done."

Stupid stupid recken frecken rassa frassa...

Old 12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,194,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You'll get no argument from me.
When Texas didn't bother to show up in Lubbock to play football, I told my wife, "Don't bother watching the rest of the season. We're done."

Stupid stupid recken frecken rassa frassa...
Texas did show up..... it was just at the last minute.

I'm tellin' ya, one play... ONE play screwed up everything. Texas was coming back and actually led.....
If someone would have just stuck to Crabtree, we'd be having a different conversation right now.

But as I always say, what's in the past is in the past.....

Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

422 posts, read 1,332,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
In a three way tie, this doesn't matter.
Exactly, but you're stating that OU deserves it because they smacked those power houses. Making them the smasher of power houses. But UT beat the smasher of power houses that be OU. So that makes UT the smasher of the smasher of power houses.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,113,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Exactly, but you're stating that OU deserves it because they smacked those power houses. Making them the smasher of power houses. But UT beat the smasher of power houses that be OU. So that makes UT the smasher of the smasher of power houses.
I am saying, first and foremost; that in a three way tie Texas beating OU is irrelevant. Texas wants to play Mizzou; beat Texas Tech.

Second, in a BCS computer; OU crushing three teams in the top 13 (Tx Tech, TCU, Cincinnati) puts them over the top of Texas, whose non conference schedule consisted of Florida Atlantic, Rice, UTEP, and a sub-.500 Arkansas team. Say what you will about Tech, TCU, and Cincy; they are all three in the BCS top 13, and they all three got obliterated by the Sooners. In a computer, this puts them over the top.

It should be noted that I don't care either way. I want chaos; Mizzou knocking off OU would throw this whole thing into a frenzy. Let's go Tigers!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

I'm tellin' ya, one play... ONE play screwed up everything. Texas was coming back and actually led.....
If someone would have just stuck to Crabtree, we'd be having a different conversation right now.

Yup so many times this happens in the game in a season, but it didn't so we just have to move on.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,325,227 times
I bet fans of OU are now fans of the BCS after Sunday's results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Tech didn't upset uga I expected the one and only Tech to win. No offense to any Hokie fans but Go Eagles.
A visiting #22 team beat a home #11 team. That, by definition, is an upset. Enjoy your team's win.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,325,227 times
I heard on the radio that each conf. has different tie breaking rules. If the OU/UT tie occurred in the SEC, then UT would've won b/c head-to-head match matters more to them than BCS ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Yeah, or if that guy hung on to the INT, then TX would've won. But what some people tend to forget is that TTU was kill UT in stats. I think the Red Raiders outgained the Longhorns by some 200 yards.

I'm an objective fan (probably the only in this thread regarding to Big 12 and SEC debates) in this as I don't really have any interest on who wins. I just want to see good games and fair outcomes. The team I mostly care about are the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Please beat Louisville on Thursday!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,113,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I heard on the radio that each conf. has different tie breaking rules. If the OU/UT tie occurred in the SEC, then UT would've won b/c head-to-head match matters more to them than BCS ranking.
Actually, the SEC has the same rule the Big XII does with one difference. It is the highest ranked team in the BCS that wins the tie breaker. The difference is the SEC tiebreaker says that in the event of a three-way tie, the team that is rated the highest will be the division champion unless the second-highest team is within five places in the BCS standings. Then it reverts to head-to-head competition. In that scenario,Texas would be in the Big XII title game over Oklahoma.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 12-02-2008 at 05:55 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,360,294 times
this article was on yahoo. it cracks me up. can you imagine how bad the ratings for the NC game would be if this played out?

BCS Realpolitik: Oklahoma it is, but a new route to chaos from the Gator-ha... - NCAA Football - Rivals.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football